CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I don't get the sense that Rhule is in any hot water in Carolina. I also don't get the Kliff Kingsbury stuff from yesterday. He has a pretty good thing going in Arizona, why would he leave for the SEC grind and unreasonable sooner fanbase?

Agent is floating his name to get Kliffy a new contract -- current one has maybe 1yr left... 

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Problem is it’s not just the HC. It’s all the support staff and coordinators too. This is how you end up with an entire staff from UH or some shit. 

Wiggens and Bedenbaugh are the two killers. I am honestly surprised he brought Grinch with him. I would have left his ass on the tarmac with my ass cheeks against the window after faking that he had a seat on the plane.

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Problem is it’s not just the HC. It’s all the support staff and coordinators too. This is how you end up with an entire staff from UH or some shit. 

we still get Sark and his staff.  OU and LSU aren't hiring Sark.  potentially not Bo Davis

25 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Berry Tramel is also saying Beamer is in play at OU. 

I have a bunch of family in SC, and they LOVE Beamer.  They will be devastated whenever he leaves.  My uncle swears they found their own Dabo, and I always remind him that if that's the case, he won't be around long enough for it to happen at USC.

34 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I fucking hated the Sarkisian hire and I see no reason to change my tune at this point. If Texas had held onto Fuckface, I'd be cheering like hell right now for UT to have some balls and go big again. In that alternate universe, maybe some other idiots hire Sarkisian ahead of UT and UT is forced to do something less idiotic. Jesus. What a terrible take. Also, what a terrible fucking hire Texas made. Just fucking fuckity fuck. We hired an unqualified loser to take a heaving dump on the program and that's he's doing.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, closetojumping said:

I fucking hated the Sarkisian hire and I see no reason to change my tune at this point. If Texas had held onto Fuckface, I'd be cheering like hell right now for UT to have some balls and go big again. In that alternate universe, maybe some other idiots hire Sarkisian ahead of UT and UT is forced to do something less idiotic. Jesus. What a terrible take. Also, what a terrible fucking hire Texas made. Just fucking fuckity fuck. We hired an unqualified loser to take a heaving dump on the program and that's he's doing.

I hear ya. the only thing worse than hiring a guy known as "seven win Steve" is finding out that he's developed/matured into  "seven loss Steve" instead. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When I think about it, I try to believe that we fired Herman convinced Meyer was coming, and then we panicked.  This makes me feel just a tiny bit better.  So does not thinking about it.

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

we could only hope he learned from Saban about getting rid of staff dead weight as soon as you can confirm it is dead weight but nope we are going to go with

we can't beat Kansas(200 yards rushing and backup QB) because "its the roster from the last guy" card first

then likely the "new player/young guys" card

then the "DC/S&C" coach card after first year in SEC

that gets him to fuckity fuck year 4 with probably 5 wins in the SEC watching Lane Kiffen, Jimbo, and one of the Stoops brothers drag their nuts across his face.

• Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you suggesting we could have lost the coaching search wars and ended up with someone leading us to, I don't know, only 5 wins?

Just now, Michael Knight said:

LSU would definitely hire Sark. The question is would Sark have taken another job last year or would he be at Bama winning another championship

I don't think Woodard even thinks about hiring Sark.  not in a million years. he knows the football hire is basically his job.  the guy that paid Jimbo 100M because he had an NC is gonna hire 7WS.  no fucking way.

2 minutes ago, horngasm22 said:

so ou can lose and hire a new coach in 24 hours, yet our coach numbnuts can't make any changes on the staff?

is sark going to wait until its too late, like the arkansas game or waiting till the last game to bench the laziest player?

the guy seems to lack any executive decision skills...

Most staff changes normally happen after NSD1 when commits sign. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, horngasm22 said:

so ou can lose and hire a new coach in 24 hours, yet our coach numbnuts can't make any changes on the staff?

is sark going to wait until its too late, like the arkansas game or waiting till the last game to bench the laziest player?

the guy seems to lack any executive decision skills...

Hey, this post is dumb

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Gotta get somebody in there quickly to retain the existing talent on the roster that you wish to retain.

Well fortunately that isn't a problem for Texas.

We aren't canning anyone before NSD1. Unless it's some JAG that isn't recruiting anyone anyway. We have 9 months before kickoff.