CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

So are there going to be any rule changes after all this shit? It's dumb as fuck that coaches have to be secretive and schools are incentivized to fire people midseason to get a jump on coaching searches. Coordinators for the most successful teams need to focus on their games but if they want a head coaching position can't just ignore the carousel. It's such perverse incentives. I'm not sure its possible for a move like Riley or Kelly to be done "the right way." The market is such that it has to be secretive and fast and the media will get a hold of it before the guy can fly home and tell his team. I'm also curious when the finances hit a wall and it begins to crash. 

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Edited by Beau Vine

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Rhule would be a kick to the balls to us praying OU flounders for sometime.  Don't think he'd leave the NFL so quickly after racing to get there, but everything is insane right now.  

He has been linked to like five jobs in a row now. Clearly there is something there. My bet is he knows he will get fired within the next year or two at this rate and no NFL HC gigs will be open to him beyond that. So if he wants the sweetest landing spot possible... now is the time. Hope he fucking stays there and they get stuck with BV or some other reach 

1 minute ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

He has been linked to like five jobs in a row now. Clearly there is something there. My bet is he knows he will get fired within the next year or two at this rate and no NFL HC gigs will be open to him beyond that. So if he wants the sweetest landing spot possible... now is the time. Hope he fucking stays there and they get stuck with BV or some other reach 

Talked about on message boards doesn't equal linked, but otherwise I don't have a clue to his job security in Carolina but plenty of people in the NFL still have a shit ton of respect for him, so his NFL well hasn't dried up yet.  That being said yeah OU doesn't come open very often, but he just never seemed like a college coach is all I am saying.

Just now, mulletpelini said:

Liberal is a long way from Hays, but he could have been visiting some Jucos out that way as well.

If they're announcing that quick, it has to be a no brainer right?  You wouldn't rush to hire Joe coordinator that fast.

Maybe they're just desperate and scared to be alone, like some chicks I've dated.

I’m still worried about it happening but tbh Rhule going back to college doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. If he leaves, he’s done in the NFL. College opps will still be there no matter what. And he’s only 1 game below .500 in his 2nd year after inheriting a shit team with no QB. It’s basically the same as Kliff’s first two years and Kliff has Kyler. 

But you never know, maybe he just doesn’t like the NFL. 

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Anyone who happens to watch the OUSux vs Gators NCAABM game tonight should keep an eye on Gator Senior Colin Castleton.

He's having a terrific year and at this rate he'll start showing up on NBA draft lists pretty soon.

Are you trying to tell us that OU is hiring Colin Castleton as its new head football coach?

• Haha 4