CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

45 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I think Herman would do well as OC at LSU.  I don't think anyone in Baton Rouge would give a shit about his personal life as long as he stayed away from booster's wives and he seems smart enough to do that.

yea he is mensa and all which makes him similar to the president in Idiocracy

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I think Herman would do well as OC at LSU.  I don't think anyone in Baton Rouge would give a shit about his personal life as long as he stayed away from booster's wives and he seems smart enough to do that.

I thought he fucked Kendra Scott for her jet?   Technically she’s a booster’s wife.

"The Texas Longhorns appear to be poaching a new USC coach — a very new USC coach — from Trojans head coach Lincoln Riley."
https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/news/texas-hire-coveted-usc-trojans-running-backs-coach-tashard-choice/

From https://247sports.com/college/usc/LongFormArticle/Lincoln-Rileys-USC-football-staff-updates-Brandon-Jones-Tashard-Choice-Jamar-Cain-Zach-Hanson-Alex-Grinch-Dennis-Simmons-Bennie-Wylie-Roy-Manning-Donte-Williams--176933865/

Choice was a nominee for the Broyles Award this season, given to the nation's top assistant. He's also regarded as a good recruiter, signing four four-star running back while at Georgia Tech.

11 hours ago, SDG said:

Posting here seems appropriate 

Long suffering Georgia Tech fan here.  As much of a dumpster fire the last three years have been, Coach Choice was one of the few bright spots.  He was by far our best recruiter and the only position group that seemed to make any progress was RB.  He was instrumental in landing Jahmyr Gibbs who was our most highly rated recruit since Calvin Johnson. He, by the way, is in the transfer portal and it wouldn't surprise me to see Choice try to bring him to Texas.  You all landed a good one.

Our hope as GT fans is he gains experience at big time programs for the next several years and returns to GT as an OC or head coach one day.  He is that well regarded among the fanbase.

Edited by Dontshootrude
  • Hook 'Em 9

27 minutes ago, Dontshootrude said:

Long suffering Georgia Tech fan here.  As much of a dumpster fire the last three years have been, Coach Choice was one of the few bright spots.  He was by far our best recruiter and the only position group that seemed to make any progress was RB.  He was instrumental in landing Jahmyr Gibbs who was our most highly rated recruit since Calvin Johnson. He, by the way, is in the transfer portal and it wouldn't surprise me to see Choice try to bring him to Texas.  You all landed a good one.

Our hope as GT fans is he gains experience at big time programs for the next several years and returns to GT as an OC or head coach one day.  He is that well regarded among the fanbase.

Can he coach defense?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dontshootrude said:

Is next year a must-win for Collins?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Dontshootrude said:

Long suffering Georgia Tech fan here.  As much of a dumpster fire the last three years have been, Coach Choice was one of the few bright spots.  He was by far our best recruiter and the only position group that seemed to make any progress was RB. 

Dang really hoped Geoff Collins was gonna really turn Georgia Tech around -- he was born in the 404.

Best wishes to G-Tech for a great 2022 football season!!

6 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

For wr coach ? 

Nope, to replace PK at the slightest hiccup next year.  Or this year.  For all i know, Sark might be waiting until Patterson is with the team before pulling the trigger.  It would suck to swing and miss and get stuck with a coach you were about to dump, or some other scrub.  Kinda sets the tone for a shitastic defensive play that would make last season's play look good.

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He’s going to have the OC title it looks like. My question is what guys like Henson, Dickey, etc. actually DO as OCs when the head coach calls plays and is so hands on with the offense. 

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/aggies-ol-coach-josh-henson-hired-usc-offensive-coordinator

Collect larger paychecks and pad their resumes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1