CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

I remember when Larry Fedora at UNC was the next great thing.  Shows that you should strike while the iron is hot.

As for Kevin Steele as a HC, I remember him at Baylor and they were beyond horrible and that UNLV game had nothing to do with it.  They would regularly not cover the spread despite being 40+ point underdogs.  Just looked it up and it was worse than I thought.  1-36 conference record in 4 years.  Might be a great DC and a great recruiter but can't figure out why he's getting a second chance at this.

Edited by Aqua Buddha

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, Neonmoon said:

They will try for Peterson and get Jack Del Rio. 

31 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I can see usc wanting petersen. The guy who chose to stay in Boise forever before finally caving and going to UW isn't jumping ship to LA. 

USC needs Chris Peterson waaay more than he needs USC.  He is a folk hero in the Puget and has made the CFP without dealing with the nonsense and dysfunction at USC.  This is indeed a Jack Del Rio special.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:22 PM, Sbbruin said:

The names being bandied about at SC are fantastic.  Urban, James Franklin, John Harbaugh.  I even saw someone post that they thought they could pry McVay away from the Rams.  The delusion over there is priceless.

Doesn’t seem that delusional.  Blue blood programs tend to assume we can get the best during coaching searches.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:33 AM, Barry_McCokiner said:

C. Harbaugh's name popped up in our search too.  Maybe not too delusional

The one that's never been a college head coach (actually, I don't think he's ever been a coordinator) and hasn't coached a college team in over 20 years? Yeah, that one just seems like silly talk.

Larry Fedora fired by North Carolina after 7 seasons

North Carolina fired coach Larry Fedora on Sunday following a second straight nine-loss season.

"We appreciate all that Larry Fedora has done for us over the last seven years -- coming to Carolina in the midst of an NCAA case and bringing stability to our football program when we most needed it," athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in a statement. "Despite injuries, despite setbacks and hardships, Larry never made excuses. He focused his teams on overcoming adversity, and I deeply respect the way he persevered and led our program each day with integrity through some tough times. This was not an easy decision because of the deep affinity I have for Larry. It simply is time to take our football program in a new direction."

Fedora's current contract was set to run through 2022, and he has a buyout of just over $12 million.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25373518/north-carolina-fires-coach-larry-fedora

Edited by LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why? This makes total sense and would be a good hire for UNC.

It actually would, just a little ironic the "taking the program in a new direction" thing.  

If he could pull off Kliff as OC and Chizik was DC they will probably do pretty well.  About like his last stint.  

If he can't get Bro, he should get Fedora. 

Edited by Treefidy

Well might be Official soon....

Kliff Kingsbury fired after third straight losing season

•  
    Jake TrotterESPN Staff Writer    12:35 CT

Texas Tech has fired coach Kliff Kingsbury after the Red Raiders finished with a third consecutive losing season, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt has called a news conference for 3 p.m. ET Sunday.

Kingsbury had a 35-40 record over six years at Texas Tech, closing this season with a 35-24 loss to Baylor on Saturday that kept the Red Raiders from reaching bowl eligibility. Kingsbury had two years left on his contract with a $4.2 million buyout.