"it's time for hunters to leave the NRA"

Gil Bang

Dana Loesch is pure fucking evil.

I hope she shoots herself in her face while cleaning her hot pink lady gun.

But doesn’t die. And has to spend the rest of her miserable life in horrible pain with a disfigured face that’s such a horror it makes little children point at her and say mean things about her.

I wish nothing but the worst for her and everyone she loves.

• Like 10
  • Fuck You 1

But doesn’t die. And has to spend the rest of her miserable life in horrible pain with a disfigured face that’s such a horror it makes little children point at her and say mean things about her.

Well, it’s official. I need to tell my wife that I’m asking Bama Chick out.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

God I love a woman that can swear....

• Like 2

Remind me to stay on your good side
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 4:48 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Certainly the American Rifleman or American Hunter, which were good mags.  I saw a copy of American Rifleman recently and it looked like it always did.  I didn't immediately see any right-wing screeds.

But if you ever shot a rifle at camp, and earned any medals, NRA.  The targets you shot at, NRA.  Hunter and gun safety courses, NRA.  It used to be a good organization relating to the promotion of shooting sports and gun safety.

33510.jpg&f=1

It still does all those things.

the ILA is it’s political lobbying arm.

When I was a kid, i joined the NFL SuperPro Club.

I got a sticker sheet with helmet stickers for standings.  a t-shirt. a trivia book. and monthly newsletters.

My older brother was jealous and threw all that shit in the fireplace.

Fuck joining any club...

Lol and a meme got under your skin

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/the-nras-catch-22-for-black-men-shot-by-police/570124/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_term=2018-09-13T10%3A00%3A01&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=edit-promo

The city of Dallas, Texas, has been rocked by news of an off-duty police officer shooting a black man in his own apartment. On September 6, the off-duty police officer Amber Guyger entered Botham Jean’s apartment and shot him dead. She has since claimed—after a number of shifting accounts—that she mistakenly thought she was entering her own apartment and believed it was being burglarized.

Dana Loesch argued that Jean would still be alive had he been armed and shot Guyger instead. “I don’t think there’s any context that the actions would have been justified,” Loesch acknowledged, but asserted that “this could have been very different if Botham Jean had been, say he was a law-abiding gun owner and he saw somebody coming into his apartment.” At a time when many conservative writers were expressing empathy for Jean and hoping that justice would be served, Loesch’s disciplined adherence to the NRA’s bottom line stands out.

But the NRA’s conspicuous lack of outrage after the shootings of Philando Castile, Jason Washington, and Alton Sterling, all black men killed by police while in possession of a firearm, suggests an impossible double standard. When armed black men are shot by the police, the NRA says nothing about the rights of gun owners; when unarmed black men are shot, its spokesperson says they should have been armed. To this day, Loesch defends Castile’s shooting as justified—despite the fact that Castile informed the officer he was carrying a firearm. In Washington’s case, Loesch said she was “never going to keyboard quarterback what police are doing.”

There’s also a catch-22 here: If Jean had been armed, Guyger would have a much more plausible defense. If innocent unarmed black men like Jean are shot, it’s because they lack firearms; if innocent black men who are armed like Castile or Sterling are shot, it’s because they had a gun. Heads, you’re dead; tails, you’re also dead.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

To_the_pain.jpg

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

There’s also a catch-22 here: If Jean had been armed, Guyger would have a much more plausible defense. If innocent unarmed black men like Jean are shot, it’s because they lack firearms; if innocent black men who are armed like Castile or Sterling are shot, it’s because they had a gun. Heads, you’re dead; tails, you’re also dead.

And that, folks, is the lovely dilemma for a black man.

"Constitutional carry" my ass.  Black guy walking around with a gun gonna get his ass shot.  Black guy not walking around with a gun, also gonna get shot.

Each day, you get to wonder "maybe today's my day to get shot."  That's fun.

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

And that, folks, is the lovely dilemma for a black man.

"Constitutional carry" my ass.  Black guy walking around with a gun gonna get his ass shot.  Black guy not walking around with a gun, also gonna get shot.

Each day, you get to wonder "maybe today's my day to get shot."  That's fun.

Yeah, I had a conversation the other day with some guy a friend of mine is dating. This dude felt that everyone open-carrying all the time would fix like 75% of societal ills. We live in Los Angeles. I asked him what he thought would happen when LAPD rolled through South Central and saw a bunch of black dude's carrying assault rifles? You could tell he hadn't really thought about that part of his gun country utopia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, I had a conversation the other day with some guy a friend of mine is dating. This dude felt that everyone open-carrying all the time would fix like 75% of societal ills. We live in Los Angeles. I asked him what he thought would happen when LAPD rolled through South Central and saw a bunch of black dude's carrying assault rifles? You could tell he hadn't really thought about that part of his gun country utopia.

Well, the assumption is "duh, black guys can't carry -- they're all convicted felons."

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

I asked him what he thought would happen when LAPD rolled through South Central and saw a bunch of black dude's carrying assault rifles? You could tell he hadn't really thought about that part of his gun country utopia.

California thought about it, that's why the Mulford Act that banned open carrying was passed, with the support of the NRA and Ronald Reagan.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:17 PM, Bama Chick said:

Just in case no one has told you — you’re an intardnet BBS 10.

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Just in case no one has told you — you’re an intardnet BBS 10.

Back off, man -- salty women of a certain age are within MY dominion.  I'm married to one, and I may need to start dating another.

The problem is, if Bama Chick and my wife ever got together, I'm pretty sure that it would quickly devolve into them becoming fast friends and making fun of me.  My fantasies never really play out right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Back off, man -- salty women of a certain age are within MY dominion.  I'm married to one, and I may need to start dating another.

The problem is, if Bama Chick and my wife ever got together, I'm pretty sure that it would quickly devolve into them becoming fast friends and making fun of me.  My fantasies never really play out right.

you'd be obsolete. don't do that to yourself

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Come on, Brisket, just think -- double the pegging!  #YouToo.

On September 13, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Foosters said:

Imagine the freak out if a bunch of black men armed with assault rifles marched in the streets like the Nazis in Charlottesville. 

I remember some years back there was a shooter with an assault rifle in California who was loose on the streets. I can't recall who his victims were, whether he was shooting up his former place of employment, getting back at an ex, or what. But I remember thinking how much easier it would have been for him if everyone on the street was carrying an assault rifle. Then he could just disappear into the crowd. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 2:39 AM, slorch said:

I got a sticker sheet with helmet stickers for standings.  a t-shirt. a trivia book. and monthly newsletters.

Fuck joining any club...

Shoulda been open carrying.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:39 AM, slorch said:

you mean it's not just you?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
On 9/12/2018 at 7:17 PM, Bama Chick said:

Read more  

Remind me to stay on your good side

just don't look down while you're getting your bore punched...

25 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A friend of mine had this brilliant idea that W should make the responsible gun ownership his pet cause, like Jimmy Carter and Habitat for Humanity. Take the NRA back to the 1970s. 

The problem is that for some folks, responsible gun ownership means the firearms don't exist.

FTR, I'm not an NRA member, nor have I ever been.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A friend of mine had this brilliant idea that W should make the responsible gun ownership his pet cause, like Jimmy Carter and Habitat for Humanity. Take the NRA back to the 1970s. 

The NRA is a political machine and it’s built around that.  That genie is never going back in the bottle.  

And given the shadiness surrounding them with the Russian stuff, I have serious doubts they are still around 5 years from now.  

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The NRA is a political machine and it’s built around that.  That genie is never going back in the bottle.  

And given the shadiness surrounding them with the Russian stuff, I have serious doubts they are still around 5 years from now.  

I wouldn't bet on that. 

Dj2cn1zUUAAzvhX.jpg:small

They're principally a pro-industry lobbying group. They fund Republican politicians in order to achieve legislative goals that boost the profits of gun manufacturers. The GOP is now practically a wholly owned subsidiary of the NRA. 

Now they're starting to expand from an industry/political organization into a far right lifestyle brand. I think they'll keep growing in that direction. I don't think their members, or followers or whatever you want to call them, really care about the Russian involvement or will even believe it if and when they're shown proof of GOP politicians being bought with Russian money.