Interesting Youtube channels

CooterBrown

• 4 months later...

Forgive me if you've already seen these...but they stand out as unique to me.   This channel only made 6 videos.  Kind of dark parody of kid's shows.  With hand made puppet-everything.  Music is catchy too.

Edited by Monster
  • Haha 1

David Firth is a British cartoonist who is pretty well known over there.  His most famous series is "Salad fingers" which is pretty damn bizarre and creepy.  He also makes some pretty smart 'cartoons'.  There's a shit ton of trash on his channel also.  But Salad fingers is worth trying out for a few episodes.  Cream is great.  And the 'health reminders' are brilliant.  Can probably skip the rest, unless you just really like his style.  

This guy is turning a book into a very weird looking 'puppet show', using pieces of real photographs.  Has taken him 2 years and it's still not quite finished.  But he's still working on it, allegedly.  So should see a final chapter in the next 6 months or so if he maintains his current publishing speed.

Edited by Monster

9 minutes ago, bluto said:

so monster is one weird as f dude

this dude is my jam, space weather daily updates. pretty entertaining/interesting stuff if you're a weather/earth science nerd

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers

Well, we are in 'Lulz' so it seemed appropriate to post weird ones.  But...you're not wrong.  :)

The 'Comsic Ray' video was interesting.   I was thinking about radiation while flying just the other day.  I used to fly all the time and do believe I've had residual health issues from it.  Didn't get the most satisfying answer, since there are 'unaccounted for' charged particles, but every time you fly, you're getting a dental x-ray's worth of radiation...which isn't great.   Makes me wonder what kind of cancer rate exists for pilots/flight attendants.  

19 hours ago, Monster said:

Forgive me if you've already seen these...but they stand out as unique to me.   This channel only made 6 videos.  Kind of dark parody of kid's shows.  With hand made puppet-everything.  Music is catchy too.

Reminds me of Wondershowzen on MTV - made a short run in 2004-2005 iirc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No one mentioned AvE yet? NSFW language but he does real tool reviews, is hilarious and I usually learn a little something.

https://m.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil

My favorite has always been the Juicero that is just over engineered to the extreme, he has to appreciate that while lamenting the pointlessness.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Primitive technology

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Dude doesn't say a word ever but builds the most ridiculous shit using nothing but raw materials he finds in the forest and primitive tools he makes himself. There's one where he builds a mud hut with a thatched roof and primitive infloor heating. It's absolutely fascinating.

Here's the tiled roof hut (he makes the tiles) with the in-floor heating

Edited by 936horn
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...