Interesting Youtube channels

CooterBrown

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Grippe said:

Absolutely not a lulz, but one of the channels I watch, SV Seeker, had an explosion that hurt the owner.  It was caught indirectly by a guy visiting and helping out:

Fucking sonofabitch - it was a hoax to emphasize safety.  Rassa Frassa....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why it is so mesmerizing, but this dude, Steve1989MREInfo at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA 

He takes both modern and historical military rations from all over the world, prepares them, eats them, and reviews them like a restaurant critic or something. I think I've watched like 30 of these in the past 3 days....

Nearly every video is the exact same format, just another MRE, and the guy has 1.6 million subscribers and most of his videos have over 1 million views. Guy has to be a millionaire by now just eating MREs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Holy S!  I moved 2 1/2 tons of pea gravel from my truck to my back patio last week ~ 30 feet, and thought I was kind of bad ass.

I carried 600 lbs of tile from my truck bed to my room the other day, my back and legs were trashed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New channel I found: Alec Steele. I'm not a maker, nor did I think I would find blacksmithing interesting to watch, but this British kid (22 years old) in Montana has a really entertaining delivery, heavy machinery and good production value. A lot of really interesting problem solving in his vids.

Worth checking out. Found it from his collaboration with How Ridiculous (Aussie guys who drop shit off a tower):

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

SIAP. I enjoy watching Mark Rober sometimes. He's a former Apple engineer that designs different devices. He's the one that designed the glitter/fart spray bomb for porch pirates. Also helped design this trampoline that they dropped a car on from the how ridiculous tower. Skip ahead to 11:35 to see car drop.

• 1 month later...

My interesting yt I like to watch is car crash channels. Not gore, just fender benders. It amazes me that there are so many dumbasses with a license out there. I drive 50k miles a year with a dash cam since 2015 and have only caught one wreck. Numerous retards pulling out in front of me or whatnot of course. Ddstv is a dude in Houston that has a good channel.

I also have a penchant for NHL fights and late hits and OT goals on shootouts.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I just discovered Hobo Shoestring, he's a train hopper and documents different trips. Living the dream I guess, here is a ride from Shreveport to Dallas, he starts the video describing a local gas station and the food there.

if you like this, you'll love Shiey. hopping trains in the US from state to state is one thing. hoping national borders all through europe is entirely something different. he visits some really cool off the grid places.

https://www.youtube.com/c/shiey/videos

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it’s age restricted. I hate that shit too. 

Remember the show Cribs? Well, this is Cannacribs, and they show off legal, commercial cannabis farms. Some interesting things going on, and not the seedy underground things some people may have first come to mind.

Now I won’t say I agree with some commercial philosophies, bit that’s for another conversation on another thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:43 AM, DallasHorn26 said:

I just discovered Hobo Shoestring, he's a train hopper and documents different trips. Living the dream I guess, here is a ride from Shreveport to Dallas, he starts the video describing a local gas station and the food there.

Started on Shoestring a few weeks ago. The abandoned building/stealth camping/bushcraft algos must have brought it up. I like it. Not too much in the way of thrills or slick production. Just an intimate portrait of a different type of life with a good degree of honesty, freedom, and simplicity. It looks like he has relocated to Alaska most recently. 

Edited by Nightfly

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:49 PM, workswithseed said:

That vigilante killing took place in Skidmore, Missouri just a few miles north of my dad’s hometown of Graham. One of Dad’s friends used to go hunting with McElroy when he was a teenager and had not yet acquired a bad reputation.

After that dirtbag was exterminated, the whole county - including my grandma - breathed a sigh of relief. That dude was a real POS scumbag.

listening to that narrator for more than 30 seconds was a terrible beating.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:38 PM, GringoSalado said:

SIAP

Millenial Farmer

MN soybean and corn farmer. I'm not sure how I found this or why I like it. Dude's pretty funny I guess, has a big place, lots of tech gizmos on his various JD equipment. He likes to talk shit about Case-IH, so there is that.

This is how I imagine @Al_4_ISU ‘s days going.  Nice work on the wife, too. 

Millenial Farmer spends a lot more time screwing around than I do.

But yeah, there's a hell of a lot overlap.  He's a straight up celebrity in the Upper Midwest/northern Plains ag community and I do agree that it's funnier than hell.  I can't imagine filming everything I do and the time it would take to upload and edit shit.  But good on him, the guy's created a significant and outside-the-box extra revenue stream for the operation.

So I halfway roll my eyes at it, halfway wish I had thought of it first, but definitely know I'm (and my family/coworkers) not cut out for that kind of exposure either.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Millenial Farmer spends a lot more time screwing around than I do.

But yeah, there's a hell of a lot overlap.  He's a straight up celebrity in the Upper Midwest/northern Plains ag community and I do agree that it's funnier than hell.  I can't imagine filming everything I do and the time it would take to upload and edit shit.  But good on him, the guy's created a significant and outside-the-box extra revenue stream for the operation.

So I halfway roll my eyes at it, halfway wish I had thought of it first, but definitely know I'm (and my family/coworkers) not cut out for that kind of exposure either.

I can't explain it, and am not familiar with the Economics, but the dude gets 100k views in the first hour. At this point the corn and soybeans are just props.

30 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

I can't explain it, and am not familiar with the Economics, but the dude gets 100k views in the first hour. At this point the corn and soybeans are just props.

I have no idea how much YouTube ad money pays, and I'm not really sure exactly what the size of his operation is (I can make a guess from his equipment and storage), so it would be hard for me to say that definitely.  I have a hard time believing that YouTube generates more revenue than a 7K+ acre operation, but would likely have (much) better margins due to the total lack of overhead.