Korean

RollLeft

Tried Korea House on Long Point Rd.  Two thumbs up.  Its a big spread.  Good for when you have a big appetite.  I felt like cooking tasty meats with dipping sauces tonight and this place did not disappoint.  Kim Chi hot soup was awesome.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Borri on Witte Rd. is good for either a date or steakhouse group spot.  Nice place with a nice setup.  Service is strained right now though.  

For the uninitiated and the very Anglo, could you recommend an entry level Korean place in Spring Branch? 

I'm not sure I'm ready to fire up the grill at a Korean BBQ place yet. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:11 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

For the uninitiated and the very Anglo, could you recommend an entry level Korean place in Spring Branch? 

Korean Noodle House on Long Point would be a good starting point.  I'd go with dumpling/beef noodle soup.  Its a non-spicy intro that you can tell them to spice up if you like spice or add some kimchi.  Served hot, very, temperature wise.  Also their Bulgogi is really good.  That said the exterior setting is a bit more rustic, to put it nicely.  It may not pass a fussy wife's approval by the mere look of the place but the food is another story. 

The good thing about Borri is if you don't want to cook they cook for you, no extra cost, they don't expect you to do it.  They also have plenty of dishes that aren't cook at the table. Hope that helps.  

Edited by RollLeft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 12:11 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

On 8/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, RollLeft said:

The good thing about Borri is if you don't want to cook they cook for you, no extra cost, they don't expect you to do it.  They also have plenty of dishes that aren't cook at the table. Hope that helps.  

On 9/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, Mack Tripper said:

Bori is great. 

All of this

Edited by Etexhorn13

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

kata Robata for lunch 

???? Korean?

Go to Gessner or Chinatown. It's a drive if you are inner loop.

Maybe Handam,Tree Garden or Bon.

Mapajeong if you want some good Korean with a bunch of white people. It's actually pretty good though.