2018 State Fair Semi-Finalists Announced

TXSooner518

One of my favorite days of the year is when the new State Fair food is announced, since it signals the imminent approach of football season, and begins the anticipation for my very favorite day of the year.

http://www.guidelive.com/state-fair/2018/07/31/state-fair-texas-2018-winner-big-tex-choice-semifinalists-fried-ranch-corn-dog-ale

Deep Fried Skillet Potato Melt in a Boat sounds awesome - buttery, grilled skillet potatoes; diced, griddle breakfast sausage patties; packed around a mini Babybel cheese loaf. Then it’s fried. “ In just a few minutes you have a wonderful crunch that finishes in the smooth melt of cheese! The deep-fried skillet potato melts are served up in the potato skins they came from. The perfectly fried crispy potato skins are topped with melted cheddar and crispy bacon bites. A sour cream chipotle sauce is drizzled across the top and served on the side for dipping.

Can't wait for details on the rest!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for the fair. The fair means Fletcher's corn dogs and yellow mustard. The fair means beers from wax paper cups. The fair means rigged games of skill at the midway and giant stuffed animals for the kids. The fair means football. The fair means cool weather. The fair is everything that is good about Texas.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I can't wait for the fair. The fair means Fletcher's corn dogs and yellow mustard. The fair means beers from wax paper cups. The fair means rigged games of skill at the midway and giant stuffed animals for the kids. The fair means football. The fair means cool weather. The fair is everything that is good about Texas.

Aint nothing better than Prairie View vs Grambling.

• 1 month later...