2018 Little League World Series

torre

Congrats to POLL! Super happy for all involved there. My son played there when we lived in Houston. Great times, great facilities and I am glad to see them making it to LLWS.
I wouldn't be shocked to see the team  from POLL next year make it as well. They are stacked.

Yep. Their 11u won state this year

51 minutes ago, Victorious1 said:

I could have swore the batters were using big barrel bats on TV, then I checked the LL website and saw they now allow 2 5/8 inch which are USABat standard approved. How do they compare to past bats?  I guessing they are kind of deadened.

I also saw that BPF 1.15 bats are not allowed which has been the USSSA standard.

As I understand it, the new standard is mimicking BBCOR without the -3 requirement. Seems a little odd that they would remove the drop limit while removing the trampoline effect. You could end up with an ultralight bat without any pop nor weight to drive the ball.

1 hour ago, Victorious1 said:

I could have swore the batters were using big barrel bats on TV, then I checked the LL website and saw they now allow 2 5/8 inch which are USABat standard approved. How do they compare to past bats?  I guessing they are kind of deadened.

I also saw that BPF 1.15 bats are not allowed which has been the USSSA standard.

These little league bats are complete trash.  Mizuno made the best one this year by a wide margin.  A very wide margin.  Unfortunately, they were always sold out or out of stock which was pretty important because my son Cracked two of them.  After he broke the second one we couldn’t find a Replacment anywhere and mizuno has stopped making them for 2018.  

33 minutes ago, F250 said:

As I understand it, the new standard is mimicking BBCOR without the -3 requirement. Seems a little odd that they would remove the drop limit while removing the trampoline effect. You could end up with an ultralight bat without any pop nor weight to drive the ball.

So weird. Back in the stone ages when I played in LL I used a 32/26 my 12-year-old year and I was not a big strong kid. I get on kids I'm coaching who are swinging bats that are way too light for them.

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So weird. Back in the stone ages when I played in LL I used a 32/26 my 12-year-old year and I was not a big strong kid. I get on kids I'm coaching who are swinging bats that are way too light for them.

Yeah, I think most of is grew up swinging lead pipes for bats. I don't ever remember anyone being concerned about the weight of the bat. These drop 11 and 9 bats are ridiculously light.

6 hours ago, MAROON said:

nice form not dog pilling up 8-0.  That POLL team is very good, but quite frankly the Moms are not up to speed with the quality that league usually puts out.  That's why it's fun to get Pearland moms in there - the suburbs bring the fake boobs and halter tops. :D

That picture isn’t representative of the POLL mother talent.  

But im quite sure the suburb moms have more fake tits.  And probably bedazzled jeans and too much tanning.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

30 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Maybe if Little League didn’t have 12 year olds playing on 60 foot base baths they could worry less about the “pop” from the bat.

It's not just Little League, all the youth recreational leagues are going by the new bat standard and most of them use 50/70 fields. I don't think field dimensions is an issue here. While I am not a fan of the new standard, I will say the USSSA stamped bats are a little ridiculous on the otherside of the spectrum.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

kinda dumb how its double elimination up until the championship game. 

True,  more so since Fargo won the first  game vs Iowa.

(Iowa defeats Fargo wins Midwest after losing to Fargo in game 1)

Edited by torre

Great Lakes Grosse Pointe Woods-Shores LL Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan 0-0
Mid-Atlantic Mid Island LL Staten Island, New York 0-0
Midwest Grandview LL Des Moines, Iowa 0-0
New England Coventry LL Coventry, Rhode Island 0-0
Northwest Coeur d’Alene LL Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 0-0
Southeast Peachtree City American LL Peachtree City, Georgia 0-0
Southwest Post Oak LL Houston, Texas 0-0
West Honolulu LL Honolulu, Hawaii 0-0
Asia-Pacific South Seoul LL Seoul, South Korea 0-0
Australia Gold Coast Baseball Assoc LL Gold Coast, Queensland 0-0
Canada Whalley LL Surrey, British Columbia 0-0
Caribbean Radames Lopez LL Guayama, Puerto Rico 0-0
Europe-Africa Catalunya LL Barcelona, Spain 0-0
Japan Kawaguchi LL Kawaguchi, Japan 0-0
Latin America Vacamonte LL Arraijan, Panama 0-0
Mexico Matamoros LL Matamoros, Tamaulipas 0-0

https://gc.com/tmt/summer-2018/little-league-baseball-world-series-2018-5b3ad50ee514ab00211a8c4e/schedule-all

Full schedule link.   Opening game Korea vs Puerto Rico, 12PM (cst) Thursday.

As stated by Rustic,  Post Oak vs Rhode Island  6PM, Thursday.

2 hours ago, torre said:

https://gc.com/tmt/summer-2018/little-league-baseball-world-series-2018-5b3ad50ee514ab00211a8c4e/schedule-all

Full schedule link.   Opening game Korea vs Puerto Rico, 12PM (cst) Thursday.

As stated by Rustic,  Post Oak vs Rhode Island  6PM, Thursday.

I hope the Texas boys make the RI team cry.

19 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

So 14-0 in the playoffs and out scoring opponents 43-5 in the regionals is nothing great?

Yea but those teams didn't look very good. Hard to tell in LL though, I mean they are all 12. I watched the southeast game and they were kinda meh. NY looked good but that Hawaii team looked stacked AF. I alwys get my hopes up the Texas team will win it all. When is the last time a Texas team won it all? I seriously don't even know. Seems its either a NY team or the West.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:56 PM, torre said:

https://www.sportbet.com/news/odds/Baseball/Little-League/

Need someone with expertise to opine.

Putting odds on a Little League game is a bit fucked up.

With that said, the chances are that the Japanese team will be in the championship game. The U.S. champion will likely be a Cali or NY team based on previous tournaments. Can't really say for sure though without scouting all the teams which raises the question, what kind of degenerate scouts Little League teams?

4 hours ago, Mez2 said:

whatca know about dem Texas boys

For myself,   only familiar with Post Oak from the SW Regional.    

They are strong in all phases.    The question may be how will they face adversity.     Their defense has not really been tested maybe with the exception of the OK game (1-0 thru 5,  final 5-0).    They have shown outstanding pitching with depth. 

Edited by torre