2018 Little League World Series

torre

Great LLWS.  Great baseball.    The Georgia vs Hawaii game was a classic.    11 inn, 2-0,  walkoff HR by Hawaii.

Thursday, Aug. 16 (Round 1)

• Game 1: Asia-Pacific 4, Caribbean 2
  • Game 2: Mid-Atlantic 5, Midwest 2
  • Game 3: Mexico 3, Australia 2 
  • Game 4: Southwest 3, New England 1

Friday, Aug. 17 (Round 1)

• Game 5: Japan 11, Europe/Africa 1
  • Game 6: Great Lakes 5, Northwest 4
  • Game 7: Latin America 8, Canada 3
  • Game 8:  Hawaii 2  Georgia 0

Saturday, Aug. 18 (Round 2 -- loser's bracket)

• Game 9: Caribbean vs. Australia -- 1 p.m. ET on ESPN
  • Game 10: Midwest vs. New England -- 3 p.m. ET on ABC
  • Game 11: Europe/Africa vs. Game 7 loser -- 6 p.m. ET on ESPN
  • Game 12: Northwest vs. Game 8 loser -- 8 p.m. on ESPN

Sunday, Aug. 19 (Round 2 -- winner's bracket)

• Game 13: Asia-Pacific vs. Mexico -- 9 a.m. ET on ESPN
  • Game 14: Mid-Atlantic vs. Southwest -- 11 a.m. ET on ESPN
  • Game 15: Game 5 winner vs. Game 7 winner -- 1 p.m. ET on ESPN
  • Game 16: Game 6 winner vs. Game 8 winner -- 2 p.m. ET on ABC

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Top of the 11th. 0-0. Ump still calling this a strike.

c7814ad6c976d88081c44e2c78bb7f8f.jpg

Yeah, they keep pounding home the point that they are volunteers, but damn, these umps need to get their head out of their asses. 

I’ve never umped a game in my life, but am pretty sure I could call a better game than that. 

Yea I don’t understand the little league mile wide strike zone, I get they are trying to help the pitcher by widening it up but if the batter can’t reach the fucking ball because it’s 3 feet outside how can it be a strike? 

Seems like every year it’s like this, maybe not that extreme but they usually have a pretty wide strike zone.

I think it's a remnant from before they fixed the age rule and deadened the bats. It's no longer necessary because offense won't dominate as much with the new bats and younger players (even months make a difference at this age). Hopefully the umpires adjust. I mean if it's 0-0 in the 11th inning then you don't really need to be helping the pitchers out.

55 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Ha, ha, after Georgia’s loss, guess the first thing that hit the local sports talk shows this morning? Hawaii’s birth certificates. Wondering out loud how old is the kid who hit the HR.

They do have a point.   It seems (without a roster) that Hawaii does have more eligible 13 year olds than other teams.  Definitely have size, no matter the age.   That was a classic game and can be very deflating for the team and fans of Georgia.

Georgia has an excellent  team.  Bounced back with 3-0 win over Idaho.  They will play the loser of the Post Oak/Staten Island game (Sunday, 10AM) at 7PM, Monday.    Would rather see Post Oak not have to play them. 

Edited by torre

25 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Am I the only one who has zero interest in how or when the MLB players get to wherever they are going?

but did you know they travel a lot sometimes arriving at 5 am and no one is usually there to greet them

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

These umps have terrible terrible strike zones....

Final pitch of the game was terrible.

Staten Island  2     Post  Oak   1

Championship baseball.    Starting pitcher (Bruno) for Staten Island was nails.    Justin Verlander imitation.

Post Oak vs Georgia,  7PM,  Monday,  ESPN2

Post Oak vs Peachtree, Ga,  today, 7PM, ESPN2

https://gc.com/t/summer-2018/texas-east-5b3aeb15396a0500018e8562/roster

Post Oak roster lists 10 pitchers.    Not sure,  but Rook and Klosek may be the most experienced.

Going to need a *Chad Hollingsworth type performance.

*HOUSTON – Chad Hollingsworth pitched a complete game two-hitter to lead the Texas baseball team past Texas A&M, 4-1, and capture the 2014 Houston Regional Championship Monday night at Reckling Park.    Making his first start since March 26, 2013 and just the sixth in his collegiate career, Hollingsworth came through with a gem. The sophomore right-hander put up zero's on the scoreboard in eight consecutive innings after allowing an unearned run in the first.

hollinsworth_chad_2014.jpg?width=80

https://texassports.com/news/2014/6/2/BB_0602145149.aspx?path=baseball

14 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

You are some kind of special asshole ragging on 12 year old kids. These kids have accomplished more in their short life than you ever will.

I'm not ragging on 12 year olds you dumb dicksack, I'm laughing at Houston sports returning to form. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm now unbelievably impressed with that Goldstein kid, the pitcher. Dude got shelled, was on the verge of sending his team home but buckled down and finished the inning. Then went back out the next inning, got into more trouble and still kept his cool and got out of it again. That's very insane for a 12 year old on national TV. Pretty invaluable life experience and an A+ answer for job interviews when he's older. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4