Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

• Machinator changed the title to Urban Meyer placed on administrative leave
  • Machinator changed the title to Urban Meyer placed on administrative leave, Ryan Day acting head coach for tOSU
6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Without knowing the ultimate outcome, I applaud OSU’s administration for this, perhaps, interim action. There are several schools who should take note. I’m looking at you Baylor, Michigan State, Penn State.

I do give the administration credit for at least doing something swiftly. We’ll see how it plays out.

6 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

OSU is scared shitless because it was reported that McMurphy has a treasure trove of other texts and information that he has not published.  

Well if you're going to make a deal, this should be the one. Brett is independent now, his profit margins should be close to 100% which gives him leverage if a payout is optional. 

25 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Without knowing the ultimate outcome, I applaud OSU’s administration for this, perhaps, interim action. There are several schools who should take note. I’m looking at you Baylor, Michigan State, Penn State.

pulp+fiction+mister+wolf+7a.jpg

• Like 3

I am already a cynical MF’er who assumes everyone lies, cheats and steals already in college football. But this one really surprises me. 

I get lying to cover up an academic scandal or payments to players. I get covering up crimes to protect players who help you win. But why in Sam hell would you risk it all for a position coach? If he were a cold, calcliated asshole who cares about money and winning at all costs why not toss this guy to the curb the moment this happens?  It’s not like a WR coach is the brains of the operation. With all due respect to WR coaches, they are not exactly irreplaceable. 

Really baffled by this one, to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am already a cynical MF’er who assumes everyone lies, cheats and steals already in college football. But this one really surprises me. 

I get lying to cover up an academic scandal or payments to players. I get covering up crimes to protect players who help you win. But why in Sam hell would you risk it all for a position coach? If he were a cold, calcliated asshole who cares about money and winning at all costs why not toss this guy to the curb the moment this happens?  It’s not like a WR coach is the brains of the operation. With all due respect to WR coaches, they are not exactly irreplaceable. 

Really baffled by this one, to be honest. 

Because Smith's grandfather is Earle Bruce, who is Meyer's mentor. 

• Haha 1

Quick question to any takers--- 

The coaches wife said that not only did she text Shelley Meyer about the incident(s) over an elongated period of time, but that she also text several other coaches wives. 

Given the fact that incident one happened in 2009, any staff member with urban and this dude could have been privy to it all the way up to 2015. 

We have two former members of that staff in our employment. What if one or both of their wives were privy? Does the stank reach far enough to engulf us? 

• Fuck You 6

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games