Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Was driving home and listening to Ch 84 on XMSirius (their CFB channel). Rick Neuheisel was talking about UT (Knoxville). He said that UT really missed the boat by not hiring Mack Fucking Brown. And he said it with a straight face. I mean, I don't even. People really believe this crap. 

Odds on Greg Davis coming out of retirement?

They’re both tanned, relaxed and ready, sir. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Without knowing the ultimate outcome, I applaud OSU’s administration for this, perhaps, interim action. There are several schools who should take note. I’m looking at you Baylor, Michigan State, Penn State.

Let's not go sucking Gene Smith's dick just yet. This is exactly what Penn State (and maybe Baylor?) did - wait until it was a media firestorm, then canned the coach and hired Pepper Hamilton. Michigan State is like "Hey, look at our particle collider! Isotope beams, you guys!"

Quick question to any takers--- 

The coaches wife said that not only did she text Shelley Meyer about the incident(s) over an elongated period of time, but that she also text several other coaches wives. 

Given the fact that incident one happened in 2009, any staff member with urban and this dude could have been privy to it all the way up to 2015. 
We have two former members of that staff in our employment. What if one or both of their wives were privy? Does the stank reach far enough to engulf us? 
Awwww shitaa9867254cf056acd42004dc962fb029.gif
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

It's in his contract with tOSU that he will report abuse.

That makes it Title IX?

i get moral turpitude and all. I’m not saying this isn’t bad, and anyone who enabled or covered up is not guilty of a bad thing.  I just don’t see how Title IX is relevant.

24 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Shelley Meyer is a RN and instructor at tOSU.  This makes her an employee of tOSU.  Universities that receive federal funding can be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores incidents of sexual assault or harassment in its programs. 

Doesn't matter that Courtney Smith wasn't a coed or student athlete.  Shelley Meyer knew, thus tOSU knew (at least in the eyes of Title IX even if she didn't tell anyone else), and is legally responsible for not taking action.

Hmmm.  OK.  Seems to be a very broad interpretation, particularly if no charges filed by the Vic.

I’ll shut up be fore I get myself in trouble.

No doubt bad stuff if true.

11 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Was driving home and listening to Ch 84 on XMSirius (their CFB channel). Rick Neuheisel was talking about UT (Knoxville). He said that UT really missed the boat by not hiring Mack Fucking Brown. And he said it with a straight face. I mean, I don't even. People really believe this crap. 

Odds on Greg Davis coming out of retirement?

Slick Rick wants in on that cash. He is betting on Herm as winning big@asu.

Edited by Goodman

1 hour ago, Hurtlocker said:

This all stemmed from this morning...

it is not the crime it is the coverup

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I think Tim Beck knew too - he should also be put on leave

tim beck knew nothing that is why he is the #1 immediate replacement for urban

CDC won't let this shit play out with us. Hope he has or soon gets eyes and ears all over the department. Like someone said above, I trust him to get ahead of this type of shit and do the right thing. 

That being said, fuck Urby. He was "protecting" his dude and himself and he's about to pay a heavy price for that. Should have just taken care of it and hired another coach, the end. 

The stank won't reach Austin.  The stank will make it from Columbus to Norman and hover in the air and settle gently in those Sooner nostrils.   The stank is already in Lubbock so it won't make it to Tech.  The stank will bypass us and hover over the Station where it will blend in with the Kyle field bathroom stank.  We will not be engulfed in stank. Enough stank talk.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This piece of shit had been beating her since 2009. The 2015 incident he was arrested, and the report stated that there were signs of habitual physical abuse. Herman and Beck should worry about Texas.

I'm aware. I'm just responding to the potential worry regarding knowledge of the 2015 incident, which is what this currently stems from.

17 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Let's not go sucking Gene Smith's dick just yet. This is exactly what Penn State (and maybe Baylor?) did - wait until it was a media firestorm, then canned the coach and hired Pepper Hamilton. Michigan State is like "Hey, look at our particle collider! Isotope beams, you guys!"

Bingo.  Buckeye State has been covering up scandal after scandal in sport after sport for decade after decade.  They're SEC & OU level dirty.

54 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Quit your dumb concern trolling. Was Herman capable of firing Smith? No? Fuck off.

Go fuck yourself you ignorant cunt magnet. I've bled more for this university in an afternoon than you have in your entire shit sandwich eating existence. The dude beat her for years according to reports. This happened habitually between 2009 and his arrest in 2015. It is possible that Tom's wife knew. And if you don't see that, and see that it scares me-- then I can't help your and your fucktardedness.

• Fuck You 18

6 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

The stank won't reach Austin.  The stank will make it from Columbus to Norman and hover in the air and settle gently in those Sooner nostrils.   The stank is already in Lubbock so it won't make it to Tech.  The stank will bypass us and hover over the Station where it will blend in with the Kyle field bathroom stank.  We will not be engulfed in stank. Enough stank talk.  

This won't impact the UT athletics program, in any shape or form, I assume...

tenor.gif?itemid=11301175

6 minutes ago, Clob94 said:

Go fuck yourself you ignorant cunt magnet. I've bled more for this university in an afternoon than you have in your entire shit sandwich eating existence. The dude beat her for years according to reports. This happened habitually between 2009 and his arrest in 2015. It is possible that Tom's wife knew. And if you don't see that, and see that it scares me-- then I can't help your and your fucktardedness.

Lighten up Francis 

49 minutes ago, Oakbrook said:

OK, how is domestic abuse between coach & wife related to Title IX?

Had nothing to do with coed and/or student athlete.  No one was deprived of educational opportunity or scholarship.

Type slowly so I can understand.

Shelley Meyer worked for Ohio states nursing school. As an employee she is bound by title 9 laws. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Shelley Meyer is a RN and instructor at tOSU.  This makes her an employee of tOSU.  Universities that receive federal funding can be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores incidents of sexual assault or harassment in its programs. 

Doesn't matter that Courtney Smith wasn't a coed or student athlete.  Shelley Meyer knew, thus tOSU knew (at least in the eyes of Title IX even if she didn't tell anyone else), and is legally responsible for not taking action.

While she didn’t examine the former Ms. Smith (presumably) and thereby incur a potential legal requirement to report, medical personnel are held to a higher standard morally. She would’ve done more if her husband were someone else.

12 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'm aware. I'm just responding to the potential worry regarding knowledge of the 2015 incident, which is what this currently stems from.

Additionally, as someone who works in healthcare and cares for patients in "non-accidental trauma" scenarios, just because people may know abuse is taking place, a victim has to take initiative to file a report, be willing to supply "evidence," and then follow through in court. Now, I am a mandatory reporter, but my report means nothing if the victim doesn't support what I say. You'd be surprised how little that actually happens.

Thus, the real issue would be if Herman aided in covering something up - not had knowledge. This is the current issue with Urban and his wife (especially given their jobs).

7 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

This won't impact the UT athletics program, in any shape or form, I assume...

tenor.gif?itemid=11301175

Well it may cut off Urbs OSU recruiting pipeline to Texas and maybe before December a recruit or two of theirs flips.  Maybe we will be positively affected.  So fresh and clean.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

While she didn’t examine the former Ms. Smith (presumably) and thereby incur a potential legal requirement to report, medical personnel are held to a higher standard morally. She would’ve done more if her husband were someone else.

No, i think she does have a legal requirement as an employee of the university to report it. She is a nursing school prof.

Edited by jdhorn92

6 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

No, i think she does have a legal requirement as an employee of the university to report it.

Not arguing about Title IX. I’m talking about the medical professional angle only. You have a JD. I have an MD, big difference.

Edited by Spawn of Cthulhu
Margaritas 2-for-1

Man, it's way, way too early to know how this is going to play out, and so it's really stupid to make dumbfounded assertions as to who needs to be cut where.

If more incidents come out, it's going to possibly look worse for Urbie and maybe even Herman.

At this point, the fire's nowhere near the 40 Acres.  But a few embers have drifted by.

I hope and at this point believe it's nothing that will matter here at all, but if it gets bad, I'm not going to aggy my way out of shit and look like a fucking hypocrite.  The guilty should be jettisoned, period.

Beyond that, at this point it's not too concerning for Texas.  So like was said above, I'm going to enjoy relishing listening to Kirky Boy defend his bag o' amoral cunts and continue to believe nothing is going to reach down here.  If it does, whole 'nother ball game.  I'm still going to the Maryland game at this point...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Man, it's way, way too early to know how this is going to play out, and so it's really stupid to make dumbfounded assertions as to who needs to be cut where.

If more incidents come out, it's going to possibly look worse for Urbie and maybe even Herman.

At this point, the fire's nowhere near the 40 Acres.  But a few embers have drifted by.

I hope and at this point believe it's nothing that will matter here at all, but if it gets bad, I'm not going to aggy my way out of shit and look like a fucking hypocrite.  The guilty should be jettisoned, period.

Beyond that, at this point it's not too concerning for Texas.  So like was said above, I'm going to enjoy relishing listening to Kirky Boy defend his bag o' amoral cunts and continue to believe nothing is going to reach down here.  If it does, whole 'nother ball game.  I'm still going to the Maryland game at this point...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Clob94 said:

Listen hardo, I know you can only hear “fuck off” so many times before you snap, I get that. But you can go take your big dumb words and shove them up your big dumb ass. 

• Like 5

I can't see Urban surviving this.  Tonight Andy Staples reported that Mcmurphy has a text transcript of between Courtney Smith and the Director of FB operations at OSU where the guys texts something to the affect that Urban says Zach Smith denies it.  I think that will be all the University will need as proof  that he knew.  If they link him knowing of the abuse and him not doing anything, he will be fired with cause imo.

Edited by jdhorn92

9 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

And from ohio friends meyers wife knew obviously and she works for osu

SO SHE GONE ALSO!!!

even if they wanted to keep urban would he stick around after they send his wife to the curb?

sure he is leaving a hell of a lot of cash on the table to "stick up for" his wife, but if they throw her under the bus and keep him that would still make him look like a shit bag and make it look like he let his wife take the fall because who would believe she did not tell him

plus if they are ready to shit can her, but not him he can still get a couple of million most likely if he goes in and says he is leaving and he can either leave the easy way or leave the hard way with the hard way being blowing up the program on the way out.....they would pay in a heart beat

if the txt are true his wife is fucked no matter what

damn just looking tOSU has some shitty fan forums I can't figure out what is the main one and they all suck as far as formatting

11 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

even if they wanted to keep urban would he stick around after they send his wife to the curb?

sure he is leaving a hell of a lot of cash on the table to "stick up for" his wife, but if they throw her under the bus and keep him that would still make him look like a shit bag and make it look like he let his wife take the fall because who would believe she did not tell him

plus if they are ready to shit can her, but not him he can still get a couple of million most likely if he goes in and says he is leaving and he can either leave the easy way or leave the hard way with the hard way being blowing up the program on the way out.....they would pay in a heart beat

if the txt are true his wife is fucked no matter what

damn just looking tOSU has some shitty fan forums I can't figure out what is the main one and they all suck as far as formatting

https://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/forums/buckeye-football.2/

There's an 760-page thread on Urban there if you've got free time on your hands...

Edited by Captain Obvious

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games