Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am already a cynical MF’er who assumes everyone lies, cheats and steals already in college football. But this one really surprises me. 

I get lying to cover up an academic scandal or payments to players. I get covering up crimes to protect players who help you win. But why in Sam hell would you risk it all for a position coach? If he were a cold, calcliated asshole who cares about money and winning at all costs why not toss this guy to the curb the moment this happens?  It’s not like a WR coach is the brains of the operation. With all due respect to WR coaches, they are not exactly irreplaceable. 

Really baffled by this one, to be honest. 

Because the assistant coach has been with Urban for awhile and knows where all the bodies are buried. These types of guys stick together and stick up for each other.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Tom was at Houston in 2015.

This piece of shit had been beating her since 2009. The 2015 incident he was arrested, and the report stated that there were signs of habitual physical abuse. Herman and Beck should worry about Texas.

Zach's lawyer says wife likes to dial 911 for no reason:

"Zach Smith wants to be as transparent and honest as possible but it is not going to be done today through the media. It will only be after he and his ex-wife are sworn in to testify. Once he gets his chance to tell his side of events, don’t be surprised when it is corroborated by every police who ever responded to Ms. Smith’s calls."

He then told Bill Rabinowitz of The Columbus Dispatch "Smith didn't tell Meyer even about this May's criminal trespass charge as a way of protecting Meyer, even though Koffel advised him to do so."

4 minutes ago, Oakbrook said:

OK, how is domestic abuse between coach & wife related to Title IX?

Had nothing to do with coed and/or student athlete.  No one was deprived of educational opportunity or scholarship.

Type slowly so I can understand.

It's in his contract with tOSU that he will report abuse.

6 minutes ago, Oakbrook said:

Had nothing to do with coed and/or student athlete.  No one was deprived of educational opportunity or scholarship.

How does one rep Oak Brook so hard? Home of McDonald's HQ?

5 minutes ago, Oakbrook said:

Mandatory reporting means anyone, not just students. It’s that way to help protect employees as well. Wife is a professor in nursing, so both fall in that category.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

It just hit me.

They're gonna hire Bob Stoops.

The optics would be atrocious and he's happy playing golf and doing jack shit.

Mack Brown is a clearer and better choice for the moment, if they go that direction. I'll offer he's damn near an obvious choice if they're worried about optics, which they have to be.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not worried about Herman getting in trouble regarding this story for like 10 reasons, and anyone doing so is clueless. 

That considered, this is why you don't hire and protect your bros, especially those who have problems keeping themselves from doing bad shit to women or enabling it. In that context, the hiring of Casey Horny is an indicator to me that Herman is arrogant enough to fall for the same kind of fucked up shit Meyer just did. I hope there's a cautionary tale here for the likes of Herman that people at the top heed in the future. 

Let's hope that del Conte can ensure that the athletic department keeps its collective nose clean.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not worried about Herman getting in trouble regarding this story for like 10 reasons, and anyone doing so is clueless. 

That considered, this is why you don't hire and protect your bros, especially those who have problems keeping themselves from doing bad shit to women or enabling it. In that context, the hiring of Casey Horny is an indicator to me that Herman is arrogant enough to fall for the same kind of fucked up shit Meyer just did. I hope there's a cautionary tale here for the likes of Herman that people at the top heed in the future. 

I'm not worried about Herman, either.  He was at U of H at the time.

But fuck that trolling, little-dicked, lifeless virgin sack of loser who posted that.

Edited by TexArcher

10 minutes ago, Oakbrook said:

Shelley Meyer is a RN and instructor at tOSU.  This makes her an employee of tOSU.  Universities that receive federal funding can be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores incidents of sexual assault or harassment in its programs. 

Doesn't matter that Courtney Smith wasn't a coed or student athlete.  Shelley Meyer knew, thus tOSU knew (at least in the eyes of Title IX even if she didn't tell anyone else), and is legally responsible for not taking action.

Edited by Captain Obvious

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This piece of shit had been beating her since 2009. The 2015 incident he was arrested, and the report stated that there were signs of habitual physical abuse. Herman and Beck should worry about Texas.

so no one in the AD at tOSU knew about the 2015 arrest? Urbs should be gone but where the fuck are the people that are supposed to be the grown ups in the room?

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Caught being the operative word....

agreed. tOSU won't care about the optics as long as there isn't an official "mark" on his record.  dude was teflon with the shit he got away with.  amazing really.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think Herman is more likely the type to think he’s too smart to get caught like those other suckers. He’s above cautionary tales in his own mind.

Hopefully he’s never in a similar situation.

• Like 1

Posted it elsewhere but this is what Courtney Smith actually said in the 20 minute interview that is relevant to Herman and Beck
- Until 2015, the wives and coaches knew about the toxic relationship and marital issues, but most (if any) didn't know about the actual abuse. It wasn't something she wanted to tell people about.
- She came forward about the physical abuse to Shelley Meyer in 2015 after the divorce (and maybe some other unnamed wives as well)
It seems to me like Herman is safe. Beck may not be. 

The good news though is I actually trust CDC to be on top of this. Hopefully he's ahead of it like he was with Boyd. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The optics would be atrocious and he's happy playing golf and doing jack shit.

Mack Brown is a clearer and better choice for the moment, if they go that direction. I'll offer he's damn near an obvious choice if they're worried about optics, which they have to be.

Was driving home and listening to Ch 84 on XMSirius (their CFB channel). Rick Neuheisel was talking about UT (Knoxville). He said that UT really missed the boat by not hiring Mack Fucking Brown. And he said it with a straight face. I mean, I don't even. People really believe this crap. 

Odds on Greg Davis coming out of retirement?

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games