Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Right now every SEC team has an assistant madly searching for arrest records of any human who ever worked for Saban. 

yea and Alabama has hit men searching for those same people (and their close friends and family) with arrest records

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Posted it elsewhere but this is what Courtney Smith actually said in the 20 minute interview that is relevant to Herman and Beck
- Until 2015, the wives and coaches knew about the toxic relationship and marital issues, but most (if any) didn't know about the actual abuse. It wasn't something she wanted to tell people about.
- She came forward about the physical abuse to Shelley Meyer in 2015 after the divorce (and maybe some other unnamed wives as well)
It seems to me like Herman is safe. Beck may not be. 

The good news though is I actually trust CDC to be on top of this. Hopefully he's ahead of it like he was with Boyd. 

This was also my understanding of her comments thus far. Important to keep in mind for those who are trying to drag Herman into this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Parliament said:

The only way they fire her and not him is if he continues to deny knowing. Ie, throws her under the bus. And she may suggest he do it.

He can deny knowing, but the text between Ms. Smith and Director of Football Ops indicates he (Urban) knew.

18 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

https://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/forums/buckeye-football.2/

There's an 760-page thread on Urban there if you've got free time on your hands...

I dunno if this a brag or confession, but when I read breaking news on the lame stream EPSN I skip our own boards and open Shag  Surly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clob94 said:

Go fuck yourself you ignorant cunt magnet. I've bled more for this university in an afternoon than you have in your entire shit sandwich eating existence. The dude beat her for years according to reports. This happened habitually between 2009 and his arrest in 2015. It is possible that Tom's wife knew. And if you don't see that, and see that it scares me-- then I can't help your and your fucktardedness.

the -ex admits she didn't tell anyone about the PHYSICAL abuse until 2015.  thermensa was hired by UH on 15 december 2014.

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the -ex admits she didn't tell anyone about the PHYSICAL abuse until 2015.  thermensa was hired by UH on 15 december 2014.

This seems particularly relevant to our situation.  

Also just because two women have husbands that work together doesn't mean they are close.  Hell my wife doesn't know many of the people I've worked with for 20 years, much less their wives.

Even if they were socially friendly, other coaches wives are probably the last people she'd tell because it would increase the chance of this getting to administration which would end up in her husband (who she was at that time trying to protect) getting shit canned.  

11 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Heart attack that was actually heartburn, brain tumor that was actually chronic headaches, I wonder what health condition Urban will make up next to get out of this mess....

I don't think he get's out of this one, but he definitely helped The Little Sisters of the Poor today....

I am already a cynical MF’er who assumes everyone lies, cheats and steals already in college football. But this one really surprises me. 
I get lying to cover up an academic scandal or payments to players. I get covering up crimes to protect players who help you win. But why in Sam hell would you risk it all for a position coach? If he were a cold, calcliated asshole who cares about money and winning at all costs why not toss this guy to the curb the moment this happens?  It’s not like a WR coach is the brains of the operation. With all due respect to WR coaches, they are not exactly irreplaceable. 
Really baffled by this one, to be honest. 
I have no idea if this matters or not and I didn't know this until an hour ago, but this Zach Smith character is Earl Bruce's grandson. Does that come into play?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I am already a cynical MF’er who assumes everyone lies, cheats and steals already in college football. But this one really surprises me. 

I get lying to cover up an academic scandal or payments to players. I get covering up crimes to protect players who help you win. But why in Sam hell would you risk it all for a position coach? If he were a cold, calcliated asshole who cares about money and winning at all costs why not toss this guy to the curb the moment this happens?  It’s not like a WR coach is the brains of the operation. With all due respect to WR coaches, they are not exactly irreplaceable. 

Really baffled by this one, to be honest. 

Has dirt on what happened at UF and Urbie employing him keeps him silent?

5 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I have no idea if this matters or not and I didn't know this until an hour ago, but this Zach Smith character is Earl Bruce's grandson. Does that come into play?

Yes. Meyer's mentor. 

It matters very much. The ONLY reason he kept him EVER, has to be because of Urby's love for Earl.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games