2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

I was watching that game at the Texas Exes bar in Manhattan Beach.  The satellite feed cut out LITERALLY as Bailey’s foot was striking the ball.   I can still hear the uproar that ensued. It was like a scene out of a movie.  Someone stood up on a chair and narrated the rest of the game, relaying info he was getting from a friend on his flip phone. 
It was a roller coaster even after the made FG.  I remember him yelling, “game over!” *CHEERS*  “Wait, there’s a flag!” *NOOOO!*

Mr. Pockets?

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

Well, the assistants speak from the same sheet of music. Every bromide, base and platitude is covered. On the bright side both actually answer some questions (something their boss works hard to avoid). As always the questions are weighted towards the predictable and lame. So glad to know talk is about to end and we will all see if the happy talk is matched by actions. I suspect the most important thing is team leadership. The guys that left early gave me the impression of not being sold on the new staff. If so, good riddance. At the end of the day play calling and game day coaching can only go so far. There is lots of reasons to feel confident - not in coaches, but in the players and sense of "team". When I read between the lines I don't see the same sense of player entitlement so common at Texas in recent years,. Instead, I see guys with something to prove... That is a very, very good place to be. When Texas wins big Beck will be the happiest person in the world. I appreciate Orlando and the way he responds to questions. He manages a lot of information quickly. Look for him to be the next coach at LSU....

No comments on the latest All Access episode. 

Visual evidence of the offense beating the defense in the notorious second scrimmage. 

Kirko Grinds sighting. 

Tre Watson catching a bomb from Sam. Roach was stride for stride for him. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Coburn looking cat quick in getting into the backfield. 

Hager throwing Buechele around a rag doll. 

Jamison getting loose for a touchdown. 

Jarmarquis Durst tears. Man he seems like a good kid and a good athlete. I hope he tears it up on specials this season. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I had a dream last night that the announcer during the Maryland game kept calling John Burt “The Elephant Man”. Because he’s John Hurt. Hey that’s not a bad joke there subconscious.

If only we could have fused John Burt and Matthew Merrick following the 2015 recruiting class. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Visual evidence of the offense beating the defense in the notorious second scrimmage. 

Kirko Grinds sighting. 

Tre Watson catching a bomb from Sam. Roach was stride for stride for him. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Jarmarquis Durst tears. Man he seems like a good kid and a good athlete. I hope he tears it up on specials this season. 

And tight ends catching passes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuge said:

Why the fuck is FCB standing beside the coaches during their media availability?

Get the fuck off camera you fuckstain.

He really grinds my gears. Is there some way to exile that idiot to chokelahoma where he belongs?

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Kirko Grinds sighting. 

Same ole' Buechele huh? Holds the ball too long, doesn't have good feel in the pocket.