2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

16 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Man, if Kyle Porter was any other player who went from #1/2 to #5/6 on the depth chart, I'd expect a transfer next season. But you can't beat a free MBA at McCombs, huh.

Fer some

its a Dream Come True to play for the longhorns,

even if they don’t play.

No comments on the latest All Access episode. 

Visual evidence of the offense beating the defense in the notorious second scrimmage. 

Kirko Grinds sighting. 

Tre Watson catching a bomb from Sam. Roach was stride for stride for him. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Coburn looking cat quick in getting into the backfield. 

Hager throwing Buechele around a rag doll. 

Jamison getting loose for a touchdown. 

Jarmarquis Durst tears. Man he seems like a good kid and a good athlete. I hope he tears it up on specials this season. 

Not trolling - Did I see a scene where Herman kissed a player on the cheek or something? Maybe when one of the kids got a a scholly?

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If we score more than 30 points and keep them under 21 this will have been a very successful opening game. The front end talent at Maryland is legit but they are not deep and missing their defensive leader. 

31-24 Texas. Hook'em!

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

If we score more than 30 points and keep them under 21 this will have been a very successful opening game. The front end talent at Maryland is legit but they are not deep and missing their defensive leader. 

31-24 Texas. Hook'em!

Missing their defensive leader... Aniebonam get hurt?

Talent wise..we are better across the board on defense. Think they have a more talented OLine. QBs are tied..imo. But their QBs are more mobile. We have more at RB(now). Our TEs are better. They are not even close to our WRs. Special teams are unknown.

1-0

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Are we doing a prediction contest? Did I miss a link? I haven't been in the game week thread and don't see a thread or sticky in the football section.

Just in case:

Texas - 48
Maryland - 9

2018 Football Season Game Prediction Contest
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2053247&share_tid=4146&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esurlyhorns%2Ecom%2Fboard%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F4146-2018-Football-Season-Game-Prediction-Contest&share_type=t

are 9.95'rs still trying to trot out practice shit? Have we had the "Player Meeting" yet? or will that be after TCU boat races UT again?

We need the UT roller-coaster as of late. Difference is we actually never have early season success. So it is more like a BMX pump track just with a couple of slight rises every now and then.

15 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Would make sense. With the new RS rule wouldn't be to surprised to see possibly both Rising and Thompson get some PT. Assuming we take care of business and don't fuck around.... 

We do need to see now how Rising plays early against our only "cupcake" just in case we are forced to pull his redshirt later.