Tiger v Phil Thanksgiving weekend

Sbbruin

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

am i the only one that watched 24/7?  i have to admit it was pretty interesting.  it still didn't make me want to watch the match though.

I watched.  Thought the commentary from them about texting each other when things were difficult was interesting.  Never knew that and specifically was shocked Phil texted Tiger post pill poppin' after all the whoring around Tiger was up to.  Also loved the pebble beach pro am story about Romo

Rory McIlroy won’t be watching the upcoming Match – even after Phil Mickelson offered to cover the $19.99 pay-per-view fee.  

McIlroy told reporters Tuesday at the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai that he initially contemplated buying the PPV of the $10 million showdown between Tiger Woods and Mickelson in Las Vegas. At one of the FedExCup playoff events, McIlroy said that he was having lunch with Mickelson when The Match was brought up.

“I said, ‘Oh, I might pay to watch it,’ and (Mickelson) took $25 out of his pocket,” McIlroy said, laughing. “He said, ‘No, here’s $25. I’ll pay for it for you, thank you.’”

Even after that generous offer from Mickelson, McIlroy said that he will have other plans on Nov. 23.  

“Look, if they had a done it 15 years ago it would have been great,” he said, “but nowadays, it’s missed the mark a little bit.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/rory-wont-watch-tiger-phil-101550268.html

1. I better get my fucking money back after not being able to watch half of the show and then them giving it away for free.

2. It was awesome for them to want to win on a birdie and not on a missed putt.

Great match.  Would watch in the future if this is yearly.  I'd also like to see some spins on this.  Something like also having the #1 v. #2 in the world as a match.  Or have tiger and phil vs. some young guys in a team format.

They should also open the floodgates with fans.  700 fans isn't enough and I would have definitely gone to this if I could have gotten a ticket.

I was very amazed by the amount of betting that bleacher report was covering. In no way was I complaining but seemed like there were stats on everything and odds. I was also wondering where they were getting all of those percents on holing shots and all of that. They never put those numbers on a regular broadcast. I wonder if that is the direction we are heading. I turned on to hole 5 or something and it was like 28% tiger will win, 24% Phil would, and 48% a halve. Was like how they hell did they come up with that. Last note, I wonder how active Vegas was for this. They made it out like a ton of people were betting.