Christian Pulisic vs Alphonso Davies: 2018 / 2022 / 2026

Napoleon

Watching highlights from Alphonso Davies first Vancouver match after signing with Bayern was pretty damned impressive. He was doing some CR7 shit and he's only 17. He plays a different position than Christian Pulisic, but he looks to be better than Christian was at 17, but not currently better than Christian Pulisic is right now.

My thoughts went toward these three questions:

1) Which player will be better this season in the Bundesliga??

2) Which player will be better in the run-up to Qatar 2022?

3) Which player will be better in the 2026 World Cup? (when both players will be assured of playing for their countries, barring injuries)

My thoughts:

1) Pulisic will be a key player all season long for BvB, whereas Davies can't even join Bayern until January. So Davies will have a few highlights, but won't be able to make an impact.

2) Depends on where Pulisic is playing, but I feel like Davies will have already passed him in Transfer Market value.

3) Davies will be a better player professionally, but with the national team he won't have the supporting cast that Christian will have. But since there will be so many (shitty) teams and Canadians (and immigrants to Canada) will know that Canada is guaranteed to play in 2026, Canada will finally not lose their dual-nationals to other countries. Davies will also have more goals than Christian.

9 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

*caveat, Transfermarkt lags behind on young players values

but 

Pulisic currently has a €45m transfer value per transfermarkt...

...Alphonso Davies is at $800k. 

Yes, considering Alphonso just went for €11.5m to Bayern with performance bonuses that could take the transfer up to €18.5m and he's only 17 year-old, Alphonso has blown past what Christian's valuation was at the age of 17.

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Yes, considering Alphonso just went for €11.5m to Bayern with performance bonuses that could take the transfer up to €18.5m and he's only 17 year-old, Alphonso has blown past what Christian's valuation was at the age of 17.

I would argue that is not an apples to apples comparison. At 16 CP was already tearing it up in the BVB youth system and had reached the 1st team by the time he was 17. Not saying Davies isn't better at the same age because I honestly don't know, but using transfer fees to compare quality of players isn't a good metric. 

15 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

I would argue that is not an apples to apples comparison. At 16 CP was already tearing it up in the BVB youth system and had reached the 1st team by the time he was 17. Not saying Davies isn't better at the same age because I honestly don't know, but using transfer fees to compare quality of players isn't a good metric. 

They also don't play the same position either, nor does Alphonso have a European passport, so I agree, it will never be Apples to Apples.

The thread is more about where people see the two players today, in 4 years, and in 8 years.