Fargo Season 4

babysdaddy

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, Parliament said:

Season 3 is good, but not as good as Season 2. The "I can help!" episode is amazingly sad and the last few episodes are solid.

I don’t how to feel about Season 3. Much like the aliens in Season 2, I can help was way the hell out of left field and was throughly enjoyable. 

I’d rank Fargo season in the chronological order they were released. Season 2 was great, but Billy Bob killing it for 10 episodes was a treasure. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Season 4 got a pretty bad review from online magazine Paste.

I deleted the email with the link but suffice to say I’m hoping it’s just one person’s bad take.

Gist of the review is that the story was weak and a waste of a great cast.

I read another bad one I got through Entertainment Weekly.  Let's just hope it's 2 people's bad takes

Most Coenworthy, the measured pace, skilled actors we've never before seen, vibid images, attention to detail, dialogue of the era, sudden deadly force.  I am intrigued at the line "your foot on our neck" and would love to know when it was written.

The nighttime sound of a distant train sounding its horn for a crossing takes me straight back to the days of my youth.  Others may throw you under that train, Noah, but I am with you.

Used to live in KCMO so was interesting in the storyline ... I tried to fight through but lost interest. Maybe it will get better, but spent first 30 minutes teeing up something that could have been done in five. It's trying too hard to fit into a 2020 narrative. Hard for me to take most of the actors seriously.

I like the slow burn. Something weird as s*** is going on with Mayflower, but she is a sickening racist. Not a charming antagonist like Billy Bob or Mike Milligan from Season 2. 

I hope Schartzman's character improves, but the guy is so one note. He's played some reiteration of Max Fischer his entire career. His brother is pretty good, but the mean mug eyes are getting old. Start beating the hell out of people if you want to be intimidating. 

The jury is still out on Chris Rock. He was OK in the first two episodes. 

I think the Rabbi Milligan - Satchel Cannon will be interesting to watch. I don't want to spoil it,  but I have a theory. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Used to live in KCMO so was interesting in the storyline ... I tried to fight through but lost interest. Maybe it will get better, but spent first 30 minutes teeing up something that could have been done in five. It's trying too hard to fit into a 2020 narrative. Hard for me to take most of the actors seriously.

You do realize this isn't a 90 minute movie, right? Sorry there are so many bleks and Italians. You like your Fargo white.

If true, I would say that makes the show even more remarkable.

Usually when others take over it kills the spirit, flow, vibe, all that (see True Detective S2).  

These "others", again, if accurate, have not only not killed it, they've improved upon it IMO.

Edited by Cajun