Fargo Season 4

babysdaddy

Seems like even more Coen easter eggs than usual in the first two episodes. Hell the very first scene was a direct take off of the opening of Raising Arizona. 

Nurse Mayflower is a great character. 

I am not in love with it yet but I am not done. My only gripe is that it feels like there are 10 commercial breaks in each episode. 

So what is Salvatore Esposito trying to do as Gaetano? Crazy eyes, take a shot, crazy eyes, say something menacing in Italian, crazy eyes, order the murder of Cannon's son, crazy eyes, take a shot. And... scene! 

Schwartzman and Nurse Mayflower in the car was great. Highlight of the episode for me. 

So the best US Marshall in the country can't find two women hiding in a funeral home? Or stop the hearse to search it when Thomas sneaks the convicts out? This is a plot hole, there's no spinning it. 

Would you rather watch Kelsey Chow pontificate in her classroom as Wokahontas on Yellowstone or Kelsey Chow vomit and s*** herself on Fargo? I'm out on both. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I’m so happy to see Timothy Olyphant back on my television in a cowboy hat and playing a US Marshal. That’s his wheelhouse (and mine).

It’s definitely a slow burn but I’m in for the season. I loved the way the first episode opened and the set up.

Gaetano is destined to go out in some kind of weird way at the hand of someone unexpected and I’m curious to see where Ethelrida ends up - I’m guessing she’s actually Cannon’s daughter and she’ll be the one to end up in charge somehow.

Gaetano is a bit too much of a mustache twirling villain. I really want more Doctor Senator and Ebal. Ebal is one of those perfect supporting characters that this series always seems to do a great job of casting. The OCD cop is also a bit of a stretch with this show needing quirky characters. So are we to assume this is the same Kansas City mafia that eventually goes to war with the Gerhardts in season 2?

Man I love this series.  And Jesus, what fantastic dialogue and what exquisite sounds.  I feel as if I'm a little kid in my room back in 1956 with the windows up, trying to get to sleep but listening to my parents talking low late in the next room, a freight train rolling through town, sounding its eerie two tone horn for crossings.  Fargo audio alone is a jewel.  DVR the commercials away.

Man I love this series.  And Jesus, what fantastic dialogue and what exquisite sounds.  I feel as if I'm a little kid in my room back in 1956 with the windows up, trying to get to sleep but listening to my parents talking low late in the next room, a freight train rolling through town, sounding its eerie two tone horn for crossings.  Fargo audio alone is a jewel.  DVR the commercials away.

Or just wait for Monday and watch it uninterrupted on Hulu.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just watched the 1st episode and have some questions.  I want to make sure I was tracking the different ages of different characters right in the beginning montages...so Rabbi Milligan got traded to the Jewish gang and betrayed them to let the Irish in to kill them.  Then he got traded to the Italians but decided to stick with them and helped them wipe out the Irish and shot his own dad?  Did I have that right - it was the same kid at different ages both times?  And the Italian kid traded to the Irish grew up to be Schwartzman?

Yes, that’s how I understood it too.

And now he’s responsible for the Cannon boy. I have to wonder if he’s going to be forced into making another choice - kill the boy or betray the Faddas. He and the boy (I can’t remember his name) seem to be growing close.

Anyone else wondered if the boy grows up to be this guy?

9b542242a0a1de40e452dad8aecfa167.jpg

Rabbi’s last name is Milligan after all.

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes, that’s how I understood it too.

And now he’s responsible for the Cannon boy. I have to wonder if he’s going to be forced into making another choice - kill the boy or betray the Faddas. He and the boy (I can’t remember his name) seem to be growing close.

Anyone else wondered if the boy grows up to be this guy?

9b542242a0a1de40e452dad8aecfa167.jpg

Rabbi’s last name is Milligan after all.

The industry guys really respect the actor portraying Rabbi Milligan, Ben Whishaw. He's a pretty serious actor and has some chops. I suspect he'll have a big role to play in the upcoming episodes. 

So let me get this straight. Fadda's men can't drive through fire, but Cannon's men can? Why did Constant stop the truck? The episode kind of lost me after that. 

I get this feeling that Loy Cannon is just too sure of himself, and it'll lead to disaster. Obviously the Kansas City Mob exists in some form into the late 1970s as evidenced by Season 2. I think the Canon faction is wiped out or absorbed by the Faddas, and young Satchel Cannon/Mike Milligan is sent by the KC Mob to Sioux Falls to prove himself. 

Again you have to suspend belief, but why would the Five Families of New York care about the Kansas City Mafia? It always was a satellite of the Chicago Outfit. I am existed about some New York heavies coming to KC to even the score. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Schwartzman's dad? Think it was just a freak accident with the kid's BB gun. Or you talking about some other old man I'm forgetting?

Yes Schwartzman’s dad. The kids were playing with cap guns, not BB guns. I assumed a shot came from somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

Yes Schwartzman’s dad. The kids were playing with cap guns, not BB guns. I assumed a shot came from somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤷‍♂️... google "fargo season 4 bb gun" or "fargo season 4 pellet gun" -- seems like it's pretty widely accepted

I let this sit on my DVR for a few weeks because I thought reviews were mixed.  Caught up last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.  That writer/producer has a knack for weaving in some interesting/weird characters into a compelling storyline.

I love the nurse, completely bonkers.  I cracked up when, within 60 seconds of getting in the car, she's gives a handy and snorts a rail off the back of her hand. 

Small quibble: I think Rock is miscast.  His acting is good but he doesn't strike me as the hardcore leader of a crime family.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Gaetano is the most annoying character in a mob film/TV show since... Eric Roberts in The Pope of Greenwich Village. No idea what the actor is trying to do or what direction Hawley is giving him. 

Best Chris Rock scenes yet.The kitchen table scene was excellent.  

I told my wife that he reminds me of an Italian Nacho Libre.

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Gaetano is the most annoying character in a mob film/TV show since... Eric Roberts in The Pope of Greenwich Village. No idea what the actor is trying to do or what direction Hawley is giving him. 

Best Chris Rock scenes yet.The kitchen table scene was excellent.  

It'd be really nice if he died. I can't take much more scenery chewing from him