Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Apparently Bill Miller is the official BBQ of the Texas Republican Party, so there's a chance he could...or get food poisoning at the very least.

Please tell me Ted didn't pay up with Bill Miller. That's almost as embarrassing as our secondary's performance.

C'mon Ted!

This article in the Chronicle makes me 'ragey' all right. Except, I am was a Republican.

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Sen-Ted-Cruz-on-the-rage-of-Democrats-14424833.php

Sen. Ted Cruz on the ‘rage’ of Democrats: ‘We gotta respond with smiles’

As the 2020 election approaches, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is smiling and recommending fellow Republicans do the same.

At the Faith, Family and Freedom forum hosted by conservative advocacy group Texas Family Values in Austin over the weekend, Cruz encouraged the crowd to “be happy” and “lighten up.”

“The left right now, they’re so consumed with rage,” Cruz said, referring to the Democratic party. “They hate the president. It is all-consuming, it’s all they can see. As conservatives, let’s not respond to that. Like, just lighten up. Just have some fun.”

To prove his point, Cruz brought up a viral Twitter meme that resurfaced in June. The original tweet features a picture of Cruz against an American flag backdrop, captioned “This man ate my son.”

His response: “I retweeted it and said ‘He was delicious,’” Cruz said to thunderous applause. “When one party is going nuts, we gotta respond with joy, we gotta respond with smiles.”

Dear Ted,

Or should I call you Dora, because you really need a map.

Here is the thing, Ted, you clueless simpering fool. You want people to respond to rage with a smile? That is how one responds to a child throwing a temper tantrum.

The Democrats are not the children you believe them to be. When we smile at children who are angry, we are letting them know that as adults, we will see that they will come to no harm and that we love them and know what's best for them.  But children who are upset because they are in cages? Or children whose parents have been murdered in El Paso? Or children who have been threatened with having a dog turned loose on them by a judge in court? Or children who have had to deal with any other aspect of your evil rhetoric? In good conscience we may smile at those children to comfort them but we cannot smile at those children without feeling a deep sense of rage. Not rage directed at the children, but angry and raging at you and your supporters and the supporters of this Administration. That rage is adult rage, not childish temper, but honest heartfelt appropriate rage that one feels when wrongs need to be made right.

The appropriate response to that rage, Teddy, is to cower and make amends. I doubt you will ever make amends, but sweatergawd, you ought to cower.

• Haha 1

Ted is so funny. It's pretty easy to live anywhere best when you are wealthy, Ted. I guess he knows that few people will read the fine print. Guess that's what Cruz control is for....

The two cities in Texas are:

#1 West University Place, Texas (A wealthy suburb of Houston, West University Place ranks as the best city to live in Texas and the United States. A wealthy city, the median household income of over $243,000 a year is over four times the national median.)

Population: 15,477

5 yr. population change: +4.1%

Median household income: $243,226

Five-year unemployment rate: 1.4%

#6 University Park, Texas (University Park is a college town – home to Southern Methodist University – in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. )

Population: 24,692

5 yr. population change: +6.2%

Median household income: $211,741

Five-year unemployment rate: 1.8%

This is from Politico:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/12/ted-cruz-halil-sul-ozerden-nomination-1492305

I am old enough to remember how expensive birth control was when it wasn't covered. I took it for medical reasons unrelated for contraception and frankly the intrusion into my personal health care decisions is wrong.  I'm fairly certain that Cruz' objection to this judge centers on the coverage of contraceptives (under ACA) and the judge has a 'funny' name.

Ted Cruz will oppose Trump's judicial nominee

'Sul' Ozerden's nomination to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals could be in jeopardy.

Sen. Ted Cruz will oppose President Donald Trump’s nominee for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, Halil Suleyman “Sul” Ozerden, a major setback for the embattled nomination.

Cruz (R-Texas) has informed the White House and colleagues this week that he will oppose Ozerden, according to three people familiar with the Judiciary Committee’s internal dynamics.

---

“For a lifetime appointment on the court of appeals, I believe we should be looking for someone with a strong, demonstrated record as a constitutionalist. I have significant concerns that Judge Ozerden’s judicial record does not indicate that he meets that standard."

---

As a district judge, Ozerden approved the Obama administration’s dismissal of a challenge to the Affordable Care Act’s contraception coverage mandate, deeming the challenge premature. Senate Republicans have expressed concern about Ozerden’s decision in 2012.

“Alex, what are things you will never seen reported on the 6 o’clock news? Correct!”

Dear Mr. Cruz,

It has come to our attention that not only did you fudge your PE grade during the basketball unit but there seems to have been a mixup with your TAKS test results. Specifically the grammar section involving subject verb agreement. Therefore, we hereby inform you that it is required to repeat third grade. Please report to the HISD Administration Building so they can determine to which elementary school you are zoned. We ask that you not delay as the school year is already underway and you will have to make up any school work you have missed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Human rights shouldn’t be for sale.*

*Unless the proceeds go to the Trump Organization.

American geopolitical hegemony has been founded on human rights abuses for the better part of the last century. If you want to get real, the entire existence of the USA is founded on genocide and slavery.  Trump is literally the flea on the hair on the hind leg of American human rights abuses.  

48 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Ted Cruz sometimes not a piece of shit too.

Just an infuriatingly Unamerican reaction by the NBA.  As someone smarter than me said, this is the kneeling during the national anthem that should make you mad.

Money over freedom or rights.  Capitalism without corporate social responsibility.  Maybe not that un-American.  Adam Silver dun fucked up.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Ted Cruz sometimes not a piece of shit too.

Just an infuriatingly Unamerican reaction by the NBA.  As someone smarter than me said, this is the kneeling during the national anthem that should make you mad.

He's still a piece of shit. Let's hear him call out Trump for asking China to investigate the Bidens and point out the hypocrisy of Ivanka being awarded dozens of Chinese patents since Trump was elected. Maybe remind us how Trump lifted sanctions on ZTE shortly after China committed $500 Billion to building a theme park next to a Trump branded property in Indonesia. 

You care about human rights, Ted? What about the rights of refugees seeking asylum at our southern border? Of children being kept in cages? Of people seeking a better life being treated like dangerous criminals?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

American geopolitical hegemony has been founded on human rights abuses for the better part of the last century. If you want to get real, the entire existence of the USA is founded on genocide and slavery.  Trump is literally the flea on the hair on the hind leg of American human rights abuses.  

Just to avoid American exceptionalism, you can change that to "since the beginning of recorded history" and "any country in the world."

Doesn't make Trump any less of a fuckstick.  No president, and very few other politicians have self-dealt as wildly and blatantly as Trump.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He's still a piece of shit. Let's hear him call out Trump for asking China to investigate the Bidens and point out the hypocrisy of Ivanka being awarded dozens of Chinese patents since Trump was elected. Maybe remind us how Trump lifted sanctions on ZTE shortly after China committed $500 Billion to building a theme park next to a Trump branded property in Indonesia. 

You care about human rights, Ted? What about the rights of refugees seeking asylum at our southern border? Of children being kept in cages? Of people seeking a better life being treated like dangerous criminals?

For the record, she was granted trademarks, not patents, and being awarded a trademark is slightly more complicated than getting a car registration.  Even in China.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 12:43 PM, longhornmatt said:

I’m surprised the wager wasn’t, “If LSU wins, you get to call my wife ugly and bring up her mental breakdown in public.  If Texas wins, I’ll work a phone bank for you while you call my wife ugly, bring up her mental breakdown, and accuse my dad of murdering JFK.”

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/05/03/donald-trump-ted-cruz-father-jfk/

Interesting, the things that Mr. Cruz had to say about Trump at that time.