Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

8 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

This. Beto is a Republican asset at this point

I’m not so sure. While there are many who were triggered by Beto’s emotional gun tirade, there were millions of Texans who welcomed him saying out loud what they were thinking. It’s not hype to say that gun idolatry is alive and well in Texas. The degree to which the idolatry permeates the state is overhyped, imo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’m not so sure. While there are many who were triggered by Beto’s emotional gun tirade, there were millions of Texans who welcomed him saying out loud what they were thinking. It’s not hype to say that gun idolatry is alive and well in Texas. The degree to which the idolatry permeates the state is overhyped, imo.

The messaging against Beto would be a layup. If the "hell yes we're going to confiscate your AR-15!" doesn't doom him (it would) then they'll convince the electorate that he wants to tax their churches. Texas voters aren't intellectually curious.

His presidential run killed his electability for statewide office.

• Rage+1 1

Looking at this situation from afar I find it sad that we have a United States senator hopping on a plane for Cancun during a natural disaster of such scale that there has been nothing like it monetarily to happen to Texas once all of the damage is assessed.

Setting the cost of this aside Cruz abdicated his responsibility to be there for his constituents in the moments they would need him to work on their behalf the most so he could enjoy the beach in Mexico while so many are hoping for the basic necessities of water and heat. 

A senator whose job it is to represent every single person in that state, whether they voted for him or not, decides now would be the perfect time for a vacation. Actions like that, to any human being with the ability to think of others, would be looking at Senator Cruz and wondering how you can be so callous. At a time he should be fighting for the government to have all hands on deck, the very government Cruz wants to stay out of the affairs of Texas (right up to the moment money is needed), he decides the sun and sand of a Mexican beach is where he can do the most for his voters. 

He’s right. He should take up residence there and do nothing for the next four years. At least the floor of the senate and commmittee hearings would be spared from grandstanding rants that do absolutely nothing for his  constituents or this country as a whole.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

This. Beto is a Republican asset at this point

Trial balloon. Good. If nothing else, he distracts from whomever gets the nomination. Texas Dems need to settle on a winner, let Beto lead and take the flak. He can never win with the gun comment in Texas. Too ingrained into the culture.

Bogeyman v. Ted Cruz = Business/Human Oriented Centrist who will run the state like a human oriented corporation, which may be necessary in Texas for it to thrive once again.

Beto pours his heart out. Texas Democrats need to stick together. For Beto taking one for the team. That deserves thanks cause some of those fuckers are pure demons. To Beto - the Scout on the drive to replace Cruz. Godspeed man.

Luftwaffe fighter attacks a B-17 formation head-on in close proximity to "friendly" flak [gfy ...

Hook 'em.

Edited by washparkhorn
Luftwaffe fighter attacks a B-17 formation head-on in close proximity to "friendly" flak. illogical what the german did in this encounter. The hero is the American pilot holding steady being attacked like that. being a hero. good luck beto.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This actually pisses me off.  Beto needs to realize he fucked himself with his gun stuff in Texas.  If he runs for governor, he will lose.  It's not fucking fair, but he will lose.  He needs to leave Texas if he wants to run for office, or get appointed to a federal position.  His career as a Texas politician is over.  It's not fucking fair or logical, but he can't win here.  God dammit.  

But why not Lt. Governor? Super powerful position that normal Texans know zero fucks about.

• Hook 'Em 1

Look at the difference between how Ted Cruz handled this and how Donald Trump would have. Cruz told a weak lie and tried to make himself look like a good dad. Trump would have just denied it and insulted the reporter.

Cruz is simply not Presidential material.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus.

We have reams and reams of evidence that Flyin’ Ted is an amoral, prevaricating, power seeking, grasping, treasonous shit lemur who does whatever is best for himself.

He only cares about himself. He’ll let you call his wife ugly and call his father a serial killer if he thinks the end result of the relationship will benefit his ultimate ambitions.

But it’s the wife’s fault he “made a stupid decision”.

No it ain’t - he doesn’t give a fuck about her, as evidenced by letting the orange guy call her ugly with nary a whisper of protest. She was the travel agent and social chairman who made the plans and the secretary who sent texts to get the gang together.

Ted wanted to go to the beach, so Ted told everyone “We’re going to the beach” and his arrogance made him incapable of believing he would face any blowback.

Or, hey, it’s his bitch’s fault such a “very smart” man got so overwhelmed by his clenched nuts and her henpecking!

Well, that didn’t come off like I intended.

It’s not her fault.  Clearly.

Uaing words like “obviously” and “gripping his nuts” was intended to convey sarcasm, but it appears I fucked that up.

Ted Cruz is such a joke of human being that I guess certain mocking of him appears unfunny.

• Hook 'Em 1

The good thing about this is that now the entire country is seeing what a worthless, lying piece of shit cruz really is.  Now I can point at his supporters and ask if they actually want to see him get reelected to do this again.

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Why would he start now?

Exactly. I don't know what everyone is so upset about. Ted Cruz was just being Ted Cruz.

I'm just disappointed that he told such a weak-ass lie about it. He should have either denied it or owned it.

Edited by Bookman
  • Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Exactly. I don't know what everyone is so upset about. Ted Cruz was just being Ted Cruz.

I'm just disappointed that he told such a weak-ass lie about it. He should have either denied it or owned it.

It's this:

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Look at the difference between how Ted Cruz handled this and how Donald Trump would have. Cruz told a weak lie and tried to make himself look like a good dad. Trump would have just denied it and insulted the reporter.

Cruz is simply not Presidential material.

I'd actually have an ounce of respect for him if he just embraced being a piece of shit. MAGA would certainly support him for it. But he's too damn wishy washy and desperate for approval. He still thinks there's a chance in hell that people will actually like him.

"I'm going to represent Mr. Trump in front of the Supreme Court to overturn this election! (in a case not open to oral arguments)...Gee, I think the President may have gone a little too far with this."

"Biden called me a Nazi! What an asshole...but they usually serve the best finger foods at inaugurations."

"lolz California sucks, enjoy your communism and rolling blackouts...I cannot defend Texas not having power."

"I deserve a vacation from all of my sweet Twitter burns...ah shit, you caught me. My kids made me do it."

Own it you fucking coward.

• Hook 'Em 1

Deciding to go to Cancun to escape the cold and power/issues is just bad judgement for a public official. But then lying about by blaming his kids and wanting to be a good dad? That’s just another Ted Cruz lie to the public.

At first he made it sound like he was just chaperoning his kids on the flight while they went off with friends, and presumably other parents. Now we know that it was all Heidi’s idea for the trip and anyone else were the invited guests?

I want to say that I’m shocked by this behavior by Ted and Heidi but they’re just bad people.

There is an article, "American Caudillo," in the November issue of the Atlantic. The article is by Luis Alberto Urrea and if you haven't read it, it's short but good. I have the print issue and the substance of the piece (written prior to the election) was that Trump was/GOP is turning the US into "a likeness of the countries Latino refugees have been fleeing."

Nothing new to the CR, but I was struck by this short phrase towards the end of his piece and how it resonates in light of Senator Cruz and where we are today:

"When you monetize power, when your politics no longer have room for empathy, things spin into amoral chaos. Not only the desperate suffer. Who gets hurt and who stays safe becomes hard to predict."

Reading of poor Texans with no place to stay because their apartments have flooded, have no heat, no food, and perhaps (if their employment site has suffered damage) no job. Reading tales on this site of Texans who may have means but are likewise with no visible way to rectify their situation or hold those responsible accountable.

This is our future. This is now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Deciding to go to Cancun to escape the cold and power/issues is just bad judgement for a public official. But then lying about by blaming his kids and wanting to be a good dad? That’s just another Ted Cruz lie to the public.

At first he made it sound like he was just chaperoning his kids on the flight while they went off with friends, and presumably other parents. Now we know that it was all Heidi’s idea for the trip and anyone else were the invited guests?

I want to say that I’m shocked by this behavior by Ted and Heidi but they’re just bad people.

He learned a lot about lying from four years of Trump. He’s just not as good at it yet. 

17 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Those senators obviously didn’t realize they could have just used their laptops while sitting on a beach...

While losing 20% (of approval)?  /hans

I don't think the ag site is aware of the NYT tweet that someone posted a few pages back but I took a look this morning after breakfast and apparently they are railing on AOC for raising money for Texas relief. I haven't looked in depth at the ActBlue site and that is who is running it but it's supposed to be 100% to the charities that are listed there. Contrast that with MTG and the funds raised solely for her being knocked off committees in the House and I'm smh.

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

lol.

Don, Jr. is just pissed off about this Cruz debacle because Ted didn't back any "sand from the beach that hasn't been stepped on."  I'd be pissed, too.  

Also, Senator Cruz---PRO TIP:  If you wanted "to be a good dad", try this small and simple gesture...when another "man" calls your wife an ugly bitch on national television, show your children that your wife's honor means something to you and at the very least, hit back at that "man"...at most confront him and get him to back down to show them that bullying never works.  If all that fails, beat the shit out of him.  Sure it runs against the notion that violence never solves anything, but I promise you that your children will look up to you more than they currently do.  The reason you continue to struggle to stay in your children's good graces is because young daughters are the very best people on Earth at detecting when people have no spine.  They can smell the cowardice on you, Ted.  You can fool Texas, you can't fool your daughters.  

Edited by Lobo

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't think the ag site is aware of the NYT tweet that someone posted a few pages back but I took a look this morning after breakfast and apparently they are railing on AOC for raising money for Texas relief. I haven't looked in depth at the ActBlue site and that is who is running it but it's supposed to be 100% to the charities that are listed there. Contrast that with MTG and the funds raised solely for her being knocked off committees in the House and I'm smh.

I’ve seen it called pandering and I’m like shit I wish Cruz would have just pandered and sent a fundraising video or some shit. He couldn’t even do that little 

The Houston subreddit is just calling Beto a loser gun grabbing Rich boy who is also pandering. 

Edited by Js1

Ain't gonna lie.  I wish I was in Cancun right now instead of dumping snow into the toilet tank so I can take this shit I've been holding in since last night.  When I do get to take it, I think I might name it Ted Cruz.  Seems right.

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4