Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I mean other than the fact that the military leaders preemptively stated they would not intervene on Trump’s behalf last November, and the fact that the GOP is bleeding members in pretty much every district, your gloom and doom prophesy seems dead on 🙄

you need a break from the internet I think

Yeah, nah. I'm good. The military leaders did act thusly, and yet, in January it came down to seconds due to embedded resistance within various LEO/DoD appointees at the Capitol. Maybe they get a handle on that, maybe they don't. Yes, the GOP is facing an exodus, but when your aim is to rule by minority power, it makes little difference. So, let's just say I don't share your confidence.

To quote another, 'the state apparatus is not neutral, but is an instrument to maintain class exploitation.' What was exposed via this latest crisis was made apparent via this message board. As much as some consider themselves safe from exploitation by the true elite, that isn't really true. Just as others, they are likely a crisis or two away from being an economic refugee. No power, no water, bust pipes, and we're all going to face higher prices for the foreseeable future. For those with some savings and money, it may not be the disaster it is going to be for the bottom rungs of the ladder in Texas, but in actuality it eventually becomes a death by a thousand small cuts. For those on the lower strata, they face some dire situations. Some probably already had to choose between renters insurance and paying for food and rent, so if their apartment flooded, they may have lost everything they couldn't save or dry out.

At all echelons of regular society, the officials begin to extort and exercise their power in small and large ways. From the sheriff and his little militia group, to the organized crime, the governors, the judges, after awhile you don't notice until it is just the way things are. Access to vaccines, access to clean water, all those things for which your taxes have paid get funneled into the right pockets. Any activism or protest results in human rights violations for the perpetrators as well as any media that report on them.

Ted Cruz didn't change his behavior, he's always been a callous asshole. There's not much point in being outraged over his trip, any more than there is the campaign money he made from oil and gas donations, or his book, or anything else he 'forgets' to disclose via his wife's job.

But he's not alone.

Those 165 pieces of proposed legislation to suppress voter rights should've told you.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

AOC is crushing it all over houston today.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., raised $3.2 million for relief efforts in Texas as of Friday night before visiting Houston to help in the recovery effort.

"I think this shows that New York stands with you, but the whole country stands with you," Ocasio-Cortez said in a press conference outside a food bank, where she spent the morning volunteering.

Rep. Sylvia Garcia, D-Texas, who represents the Houston area and joined Ocasio-Cortez Saturday, praised the congresswoman for her efforts. "That's, that's pretty big even for Texas sizes," Garcia said of the $3.2 million raised.

The funds raised by the progressive lawmaker will go toward 12 food banks and relief organizations, including the Bridge Homeless Recovery Center, Ending Community Homelessness Coalition, Family Eldercare, Feeding Texas and the Houston Food Bank, according to the donations page.

“Charity isn’t always a replacement for good governance, but we won’t turn away from helping people in need when things hit the fan,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Friday.

Ocasio-Cortez, Garcia and Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, who also represents the Houston area, distributed supplies to help the millions of Texans lacking basic necessities in the wake of a record-breaking winter storm that has left at least 46 dead in 10 states, the majority in Texas, and millions across the country without heat, water or electricity.

Sen. Ted Cruz faces backlash over trip to Mexico during Texas crisis

FEB. 19, 202102:27

Some critics have argued that the catastrophe was avoidable, blaming the state’s independent, insufficiently equipped power grid and deregulatory policies under its GOP governance.

"Texans do not want to go through this again. They want accountability. They want to know why the system failed and quite frankly, almost broke," Garcia said Saturday.

Recommended

POLITICS NEWSRepublicans criticize Biden plan for sanctions over Russian pipeline

POLITICS NEWSNew Mexico Legislature moves to preserve abortion rights

Meanwhile, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has come under fire for vacationing with his family in Cancún, Mexico, amid the crisis. Facing a barrage of calls to resign on social media, Cruz told reporters on Thursday that the decision to leave the country was “obviously a mistake.”

Ocasio-Cortez, who last month accused the senator of “trying to get me killed” by stoking claims of election fraud ahead of the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, took to Twitter again on Thursday to say Texans should demand the senator’s resignation.

“If Sen. Cruz had resigned back in January after helping gin up a violent insurrection that killed several people, he could’ve taken his vacation in peace,” she tweeted.

The senator defended his actions in a Thursday press statement, noting that he “want[ed] to be a good dad” by taking his daughters on the trip and that he returned to Texas “on the first available flight” after originally planning a longer stay.

It was also announced Friday that Cruz was named as the ranking Republican member of the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations, and Innovation.

Fucking badass.

AOC $3.2M

Cruz-stanza $0

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/aoc-raises-2m-texas-relief-heads-houston-after-blasting-cruz-n1258389

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yeah, nah. I'm good. The military leaders did act thusly, and yet, in January it came down to seconds due to embedded resistance within various LEO/DoD appointees at the Capitol. Maybe they get a handle on that, maybe they don't. Yes, the GOP is facing an exodus, but when your aim is to rule by minority power, it makes little difference. So, let's just say I don't share your confidence.

To quote another, 'the state apparatus is not neutral, but is an instrument to maintain class exploitation.' What was exposed via this latest crisis was made apparent via this message board. As much as some consider themselves safe from exploitation by the true elite, that isn't really true. Just as others, they are likely a crisis or two away from being an economic refugee. No power, no water, bust pipes, and we're all going to face higher prices for the foreseeable future. For those with some savings and money, it may not be the disaster it is going to be for the bottom rungs of the ladder in Texas, but in actuality it eventually becomes a death by a thousand small cuts. For those on the lower strata, they face some dire situations. Some probably already had to choose between renters insurance and paying for food and rent, so if their apartment flooded, they may have lost everything they couldn't save or dry out.

At all echelons of regular society, the officials begin to extort and exercise their power in small and large ways. From the sheriff and his little militia group, to the organized crime, the governors, the judges, after awhile you don't notice until it is just the way things are. Access to vaccines, access to clean water, all those things for which your taxes have paid get funneled into the right pockets. Any activism or protest results in human rights violations for the perpetrators as well as any media that report on them.

Ted Cruz didn't change his behavior, he's always been a callous asshole. There's not much point in being outraged over his trip, any more than there is the campaign money he made from oil and gas donations, or his book, or anything else he 'forgets' to disclose via his wife's job.

But he's not alone.

Those 165 pieces of proposed legislation to suppress voter rights should've told you.

And Joe Biden just got the most votes in the history of the presidential election. And Georgia went blue. Texas got close. All that other shit is noise. It’s going to happen unless you want to put your political opponents in prison. Which makes you what you say you hate. But go ahead and fret over shit with a “nonzero” chance of happening. It’s really boring to read though. We already have a brisket

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I don't think his wife gives a fuck about him or his current situation. Some resort bartender is power drilling that ass, I'll bet a paycheck on that !

https://nypost.com/2021/02/19/ted-cruzs-family-soaks-up-cancun-sun-as-texas-shivers/

T3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1286

T6.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1286

The only thing that would stop me is the thought that every Republican Rep in DC has been in that. 

And Joe Biden just got the most votes in the history of the presidential election. And Georgia went blue. Texas got close. All that other shit is noise. It’s going to happen unless you want to put your political opponents in prison. Which makes you what you say you hate. But go ahead and fret over shit with a “nonzero” chance of happening. It’s really boring to read though. We already have a brisket

Yes, you have a brisket (whose doomsaying has been....how do you say....pretty fucking accurate?), but I assure you, Whiggins is MUCH better looking. I mean, I’ve never even seen her...but I know it’s true. So, listen to the prettier Cassandra.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes, you have a brisket (whose doomsaying has been....how do you say....pretty fucking accurate?), but I assure you, Whiggins is MUCH better looking. I mean, I’ve never even seen her...but I know it’s true. So, listen to the prettier Cassandra.

Is Trump still president and I missed it? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Whiggins gets it.

The rest of us think Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome is a cautionary tale. The GQP looks at it as a rosy fantasy film. Anarcho-capitalist fiefdoms as far as they eye can see, answerable to no one.

Want water? Fight for it.

Want fuel? Kill for it.

While the masters sit on their throne and laugh at the spectacle.

This is what Donkey wants. After all, he just told you - he’s got his already. He can sit on his throne in his new build, and laugh as the rest suffer. Because - and this is very, very important for the rest of us to know and understand - he’s a sociopath. He will use language about bullshit “issues” (any taxes are making people poor! Mah guns! Abortion!)....but give not a single millifuck about the ACTUAL business of governing: roads, water, sewer, power, etc.

He is a sociopath. He doesn’t care if you suffer. At all. He’s got his.

What's really funny is that they think they'll own that world.

Y’all are gross with the locker room talk. Objectifying is objectifying, whether it’s lurid fantasy or body shaming and being mean.

And @Brisketexan, you are the absolute creepiest. Your half a dozen posts with disgusting sexist comments about proposing and marrying and being turned on to posters with a hint of femininity in their handle is embarrassing. I just see it as foreshadowing your future as a young George HW grabbing and groping at nurses and asking for a kiss between jello servings. Compose yourself, sir!

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 11

Y’all are gross with the locker room talk. Objectifying is objectifying, whether it’s lurid fantasy or body shaming and being mean.
And [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention], you are the absolute creepiest. Your half a dozen posts with disgusting sexist comments about proposing and marrying and being turned on to posters with a hint of femininity in their handle is embarrassing. I just see it as  foreshadowing your future as a young George HW grabbing groping at nurses and asking for a kiss between jello servings. Compose yourself, sir!

Gosh. Sorry. I’ll try to do something that will make you more comfortable.

How about supporting and voting for people who will happily cause the deaths of my fellow humans so I can keep a couple of bucks in my pocket? That seems more your speed.

And as for how Whiggins and I have an exchange....perhaps you should bow out when the grownups are talking.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

And [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention], you are the absolute creepiest. Your half a dozen posts with disgusting sexist comments about proposing and marrying and being turned on to posters with a hint of femininity in their handle is embarrassing. I just see it as foreshadowing your future as a young George HW grabbing and groping at nurses and asking for a kiss between jello servings. Compose yourself, sir!

Why did this diatribe remind me of the end of the movie “Waiting”, when the trainee just rips everyone to shreds?

On 2/19/2021 at 8:46 PM, immamac said:

Are we just going to sit around on the internet and talk shit about this guy or are we going to do something about it. I will enable anything we want to do collectively from the tech perspective. 

If you are talking about a plane banner for the OU game I am in for 2 bills!

What's really funny is that they think they'll own that world.
Every hard core prepper gop weirdo I've ever known would be dead within two weeks once their meds run out. And those that survive that would start trading all their ammo, treasure and food buckets for booze within days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Every hard core prepper gop weirdo I've ever known would be dead within two weeks once their meds run out. And those that survive that would start trading all their ammo, treasure and food buckets for booze within days.

Wrong.

You must hang with some geriatric suburban peepers. Once you get a little ways up the mountain or deep in holler you’ll find that having a daddy who ran whiskey in a big block dodge is a prereq for true preparedness.

Wrong.

You must hang with some geriatric suburban peepers. Once you get a little ways up the mountain or deep in holler you’ll find that having a daddy who ran whiskey in a big block dodge is a prereq for true preparedness.
Preppers I've known my whole life have been mostly older and affluent in Houston and Austin.

folks my age that fit that profile are generally just self reliant for economic reasons and grow/brew what they consume to save dough
ymmv

most of the peppers I know are dead of natural causes having never needed the multi decades worth of worry not even once
their kids trashed just trashed the reserves and moved on

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

This clown can't even get a photo-op right.  He shows up to an empty parking lot after the sun came out and melted all the ice.

And moves one case of bottles water from the trunk one of car to the backseat of another. Most middle schoolers could have put together a better fake-helping photoshoot. 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:26 AM, CooterBrown said:

I don’t believe Rafael has, or ever had, a friend.

You can be sure of it.  I’m sure he took many a pasting in his teens. Probably ate lunch by himself unless some bully extorted his lunch money.

There’s that saying “If you want a friend, get a dog.”  Like us, Snowflake the dog knows that Rafael is a piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1