Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

7 hours ago, Bookman said:

Maybe we should pool our funds and hire a mariachi band to follow around Ted Cruz all day until he's out of office.

I was thinking more along the lines of a pop-up twerk/wet T-shirt/tan-line contest  at his town halls. 

edit: but then I remembered he doesn’t have any town halls...

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

You can be sure of it.  I’m sure he took many a pasting in his teens. Probably ate lunch by himself unless some bully extorted his lunch money.

There’s that saying “If you want a friend, get a dog.”  Like us, Snowflake the dog knows that Rafael is a piece of shit.

One of my best friends and college roommate was friends with Rafael in his freshman year at Awty. He stopped being friends with him when he told my buddy he was going to hell for being a Jew. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bookman said:

Maybe we should pool our funds and hire a mariachi band to follow around Ted Cruz all day until he's out of office.

Yes, one that just pops up now and then throughout the next 4 years.   He'd never know when or where.   You send one full time, he could get a restraining order, I would think. Always play the same songs too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Yes, one that just pops up now and then throughout the next 4 years.   He'd never know when or where.   You send one full time, he could get a restraining order, I would think. Always play the same songs too.

They only play one song to begin with so that part is covered.

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Preppers I've known my whole life have been mostly older and affluent in Houston and Austin.

folks my age that fit that profile are generally just self reliant for economic reasons and grow/brew what they consume to save dough
ymmv

most of the peppers I know are dead of natural causes having never needed the multi decades worth of worry not even once
their kids trashed just trashed the reserves and moved on

"They were all in love with dying, they were doing it in Texas"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They only play one song to begin with so that part is covered.

The one with the guitarron and trumpet?  Man, I love that song.  

I really hope Cruz sees the Aidy Bryant impression of him last night from SNL.  She hadn't had much time to prepare for it so she missed several notes, but she got the basics down and I want to see his reaction when he realizes he was basically parodied by a cross-dressing woman. 

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

I'm assuming the standby list?  I hope they can't narrow it down because that person was fucking awesome.

That’s actually public record. United let’s you check flight status on all flights and upgrade list is included, you see the poor sob’s that haven’t gotten an upgrade yet until the flight takes off. I bet it’s about the 6 am rebook.  That’s the one that wouldn’t be public. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Remember that time Ted Cruz handed out water when it was 57 degrees outside? 

I like in the last photo, he has his sleeves half-way rolled up.  I'm sure his staffer told him to do that so it looked like he was really putting his back into the volunteer work, but it was in actuality because the heat index on that asphalt was probably 70 degrees and Ted was getting a little balmy.  I mean, not Cancun-kinda balmy, but still.  Seriously the guy walked over a few cases of water between vehicles.  What a fucking Hero.  It's this kinda shit Ted, that makes your daughters not think you're a good Dad.  

4 hours ago, AnTiM said:

fkn airline wants to know who leaked the info about his trip.  So do I, just to say thanks.

there are tens of thousands of people with the security clearance to accidentally stumble across any flight manifest any where in the world at any time

maybe unicon should find other fish to fry

53 minutes ago, Blotto said:

wait....this ridiculous episode is what it took for you to realize that Cruz is a spineless f'n pussy that stands for nothing? It never occurred to you that might be the case after the 2016 GOP primary season? You know, when Trump trashed Cruz's reputation, called his wife ugly, and implicated his father in JFK's assassination?  Cruz tried showing some backbone  by calling out Trump

At the convention, he did his best impression of being a man ...

But when it became immediately clear to Cruz that there was no place in the GOP for anybody that didnt worship Trump, Ted suddenly became one of the biggest orange jizz guzzlers on the planet. He knew exactly what Trump is, he's on record multiple times. Yet fast forward a few months after the convention...

image.png.316a2c1fa2f2a2574aa9911e6d2da03c.png

That's your definition of a man? If it takes CancunCruz to make you realize that Cruz is a worthless piece of shit, you're either mentally handicapped or you knew all along and just didn't care. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt on the first point, which is why nobody believes your bullshit about being shocked to suddenly discover what a dishonest pussy Cruz is. The evidence has been in plain view for years, and you just don't care. 

It felt at the time as standard and the messy business of politics, and how it makes for strange bedfellows and one minute you are being nasty with someone and the next they are your boss and you have to kowtow to keep playing the game. Regardless, I said what I said. Good luck with your journey on understanding it or dismissing it. 

• Fuck You 1

there are tens of thousands of people with the security clearance to accidentally stumble across any flight manifest any where in the world at any time
maybe unicon should find other fish to fry
It's not like an engine on a 777 exploded or anything that they might need to focus their attention on
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I like in the last photo, he has his sleeves half-way rolled up.  I'm sure his staffer told him to do that so it looked like he was really putting his back into the volunteer work, but it was in actuality because the heat index on that asphalt was probably 70 degrees and Ted was getting a little balmy.  I mean, not Cancun-kinda balmy, but still.  Seriously the guy walked over a few cases of water between vehicles.  What a fucking Hero.  It's this kinda shit Ted, that makes your daughters not think you're a good Dad.  

The stupid/crazy thing is that his political instincts are so bad that he thought this photo-op was a good idea.  I mean. the entire world knows that if he had his way he'd still be down in Cancun right now, so why make a tweet that ---- even to a Tec Cruz supporter ----- is so obviously hypocritical?  

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

Senator Cruz connected the meteorologist to Governor Abbott?  Really Ted, that's what you're going with?  Abbott made some serious mistakes during all this, but one thing I know he has access to are abundant meteorologists, both local and with the NWS.  Let me guess Ted, you can't tell us the name of this meteorologist for some reason but he's the same one that also warned Governor Abbott to take seriously Hurricane Harvey and the 2015 floods?  

Did you meet your mystery meteorologist in Canada on Spring Break?  You fucking child.  

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

The Benny Hill Theme Song with mariachi flair.  Or All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down by the Mavericks.

• Hook 'Em 3

Remember, it was a trip for his children.

https://www.axios.com/ted-cruz-cancun-college-roommate-birthday-ef53416b-9fec-4a71-912c-7c6dd83397f4.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=politics-tedcruz

In explaining his disastrous Cancún trip, Sen. Ted Cruz failed to mention his college roommate also was along for the fun in the sun.

Axios has learned Cruz (R-Texas) invited David Panton, his longtime friend and former roommate at Princeton and Harvard Law, to join the family getaway.

An aide tells Axios the senator extended the invitation only after the Cruz family planned the vacation last Tuesday.

Panton accepted, and flew to Mexico.

The bottom line: Panton stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, while Cruz schlepped home.

Panton grew up in Jamaica and is now an equity investor based in Atlanta. He didn't respond to Axios requests for comment.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Now that I got a good look at his house:  Can we start putting “River Oaks” in really obnoxious fake quotation marks followed by an eye roll whenever we discuss where he lives?  

Looks like houses on Locke Lane behind Chuys 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have mixed feelings about people picketing outside of politician's homes. Would we want a reasonable moderate politician to be faced with Q-Anon protesters outside they're house for days or months?

But, Ted deserves his punishment for his lack of service to Texans. No one asked him to be a senator and now he has to deal with unhappy constituents. 

Regardless I feel sorry for his neighbors having to deal with protesters and living next to Ted.  shudder.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have mixed feelings about people picketing outside of politician's homes. Would we want a reasonable moderate politician to be faced with Q-Anon protesters outside they're house for days or months?

But, Ted deserves his punishment for his lack of service to Texans. No one asked him to be a senator and now he has to deal with unhappy constituents. 

Regardless I feel sorry for his neighbors having to deal with protesters and living next to Ted.  shudder.

Yes, Ted has gone above and beyond in ignoring his constituents.   So these front yard protests are acceptable considering his inactions.  

Imagine going to the tax office and demanding a devaluation of property because Ted is your neighbor.

4 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Yes, Ted has gone above and beyond in ignoring his constituents.   So these front yard protests are acceptable considering his inactions.  

Imagine going to the tax office and demanding a devaluation of property because Ted is your neighbor.

That neighborhood and area is not going to allow it to continue for too long. And while their first reaction will be to ask the city/cops to remove the protesters, the homeowner's group wouldn't have a problem telling Ted to find another place to live.

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That neighborhood and area is not going to allow it to continue for too long. And while their first reaction will be to ask the city/cops to remove the protesters, the homeowner's group wouldn't have a problem telling Ted to find another place to live.

I'd be willing to bet the neighborhood hired the band or they have the approval of the neighbors.

Q and Magats have been protesting outside of targeted households for a long time.