Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

I own boots, I wear boots, but good gawd, not with that suit.

If those are the boots I think they are, Ted bought them while shopping next to me a few years back at Allen’s on S. Congress (he had just been elected). As he tried on some flashy ostrich boots, I was trying on the basic black Luccheses, I made a crack to my old man about the boots I was trying on being perfect for walking the floor of the senate - definitely a better choice than ostrich, in a fake state whisper kind of tone. And I made eye contact with Ted and grinned - thinking we’d have a chuckle (most politicians are pretty good at banter, particularly self-deprecating banter - I’ve had a laugh with quite a few). He just glared at me, with no other reaction. Nothing. Didn’t engage or say a word.

After we left, my dad and I both commented on what a humorless dick Ted was. We had no idea.....he’s actually 1000x worse than we thought.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Of those are the boots I think they are, Ted bought them while shopping next to me a few years back at Allen’s on S. Congress (he had just been elected). As he tried on some flashy ostrich boots, I was trying on the basic black Luccheses, I made a crack to my old man about the boots I was trying on being perfect for walking the floor of the senate - definitely a better choice than ostrich, in a fake state whisper kind of tone. And I made eye contact with Ted and grinned - thinking we’d have a chuckle (most politicians are pretty good at banter, particularly self-deprecating banter - I’ve had a laugh with quite a few). He just glared at me, with no other reaction. Nothing. Didn’t engage or say a word.

After we left, my dad and I both commented on what a humorless dick Ted was. We had no idea.....he’s actually 1000x worse than we thought.

I love my lucchese ostrich ropers, 100% my goto boots with jeans !!!!!!!!!!!

and fuck ted cruz 

your thoughts on black cherry ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

i skipped around and didn't see the boots.  i assume, being in texas, i can wear boots with a suit, and it's the particular boots that ted is wearing that are wrong, correct?  do we need to summon @G650?

I didn't subject myself to the face melting awfulness that is Ted Cruz, but my rule of thumb is if Ted is doing it, it's wrong.

Boots with suits is defintely a Texas thing though and totally legit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

He's not trying to be a politician anymore. He is trying to be a famous podcaster. Between the insurrection and the trip to Cancun, I think he realizes he is not running for President but he can become more famous and richer than he ever thought by being the next Rush.

It’s a race between him and Hawley to be the next personality cult. Positions on policy don’t matter anymore 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If those are the boots I think they are, Ted bought them while shopping next to me a few years back at Allen’s on S. Congress (he had just been elected). As he tried on some flashy ostrich boots, I was trying on the basic black Luccheses, I made a crack to my old man about the boots I was trying on being perfect for walking the floor of the senate - definitely a better choice than ostrich, in a fake state whisper kind of tone. And I made eye contact with Ted and grinned - thinking we’d have a chuckle (most politicians are pretty good at banter, particularly self-deprecating banter - I’ve had a laugh with quite a few). He just glared at me, with no other reaction. Nothing. Didn’t engage or say a word.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

He's being such a stupid, grandstanding fuck.  They use your tax returns.  How exactly are illegal aliens going to get stimulus checks?  People need the money and Republicans are dragging it out as long as possible while 70% of the country supports it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's being such a stupid, grandstanding fuck.  They use your tax returns.  How exactly are illegal aliens going to get stimulus checks?  People need the money and Republicans are dragging it out as long as possible while 70% of the country supports it.

Not to defend Cruz in any way shape or form, but unlawful immigrants frequently pay taxes and are on the taxpayer rolls via ITIN.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, how is this confusing people?  Undocumented immigrants pay all kinds of taxes from ITIN-based, payroll, sales tax, even property taxes.  None of that is the same as a SSN-marked federal tax return.  We also don't just randomly send our tax return checks to illegals 

On 3/6/2021 at 10:27 AM, kevwun said:

"Damn those illegals! First, they stole my jobs, then they stole my welfare, now they're stealing my Covid check??!?!" - Some racist uncles on FB...Probably. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:09 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Not to defend Cruz in any way shape or form, but unlawful immigrants frequently pay taxes and are on the taxpayer rolls via ITIN.

For someone that starts a lot of posts with the phrase, “Not to defend...” you do a lot of defending.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

"Damn those illegals! First, they stole my jobs, then they stole my welfare, now they're stealing my Covid check??!?!" - Some racist uncles on FB...Probably. 

I was thinking about the "immigrants steal jobs!" line the other day.  Like, what jobs are they getting that you want you crazy old white person?  I think it would be really easy to shut down in real life if you had that conversation.  "Oh, you want to be a produce picker?  Or build roads and houses?  Seems like you could probably do that if you really wanted to."

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

For someone that starts a lot of posts with the phrase, “Not to defend...” you do a lot of defending.

I think it speaks to how flimsy and loose the understanding of most issues that get discussed, most people have. Yours truly, included.

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was thinking about the "immigrants steal jobs!" line the other day.  Like, what jobs are they getting that you want you crazy old white person?  I think it would be really easy to shut down in real life if you had that conversation.  "Oh, you want to be a produce picker?  Or build roads and houses?  Seems like you could probably do that if you really wanted to."

Think about what Ted Cruz and most other republicans are actually qualified to do in the private or blue collar sector that does not involve government or trying to bribe/lobby government?  What legitimate business opportunity exists for Ivanka or Ted Cruz?   

• Hook 'Em 1

I lightly follow news of Cruz and I'm baffled how a person like this continues to exist in public.  No one likes him, he continually makes stupid statements and actions that show him as a fool, he lies as a reflex, and has seemingly no motivation to exist other than become President for the MAGA crowd.

I guess I'm just awed by the lack of shame. It's truly amazing, his ability to take nuclear abuse and not flinch, just move forward with the same bullshit.

Thanks GQP I guess.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

I lightly follow news of Cruz and I'm baffled how a person like this continues to exist in public.  No one likes him, he continually makes stupid statements and actions that show him as a fool, he lies as a reflex, 

I guess I'm just awed by the lack of shame. It's truly amazing, his ability to take nuclear abuse and not flinch, just move forward with the same bullshit.

He's like Rocko.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2