Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

On 4/1/2021 at 11:52 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I'm on Ted's mailing list because I have emailed him on numerous issues.

He sent this longcat email about his border bs and blaming Biden.

I just replied that "This is hogwash.  You should be ashamed of yourself."

I restrained myself from my usual invective-filled rant. That seems like bad idea jeans.

Instead of hogwash, you should’ve gone with “malarkey.”

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/2/2021 at 6:17 AM, South Austin said:

Wow, you really told him.

Well, as mentioned, not sure it's prudent to use surly speak with a Senator.  FBI and Secret Service and whatnot.

Had to say something, though.  Hope someone mans that inbox.

Wearing yellow with horizontal stripes with that barrel build, bold move Ted.  

Also, he goes through the trouble of putting on the Texas-teams gear.....then goes to the fridge and thinks, "local brew?  Nah.  Shiner?  Nah.  Even a Bud?  Nah.  Boston-made Sam Adams for this guy!"  It's a good beer, it just ruins his "All-Texas, All-the Time" motif.  I'm sure he had a Corona or Dos Equis in his hand before the person taking the photo caught that.  Anyway, he just looks like he could fuck up anybody's good time.

On 4/2/2021 at 1:18 PM, pyrohornIII said:

Ex-sQlMVgAciaze?format=jpg&name=small

I still don’t get it. If he is so hated why isn’t the GOP spending a decent chunk of money to get him beat in the primary?  It wouldn’t be that hard to to find a clean old white dude (is there a tx version of Timmy tuberville?) then start a smear campaign against him.  
Or is he now just the republican scapegoat now?  

8 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I still don’t get it. If he is so hated why isn’t the GOP spending a decent chunk of money to get him beat in the primary?  It wouldn’t be that hard to to find a clean old white dude (is there a tx version of Timmy tuberville?) then start a smear campaign against him.  

The same reason only 8 republicans voted to impeach trump after the insurrection. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The same reason only 8 republicans voted to impeach trump after the insurrection. 

Are there 8 people in the entire Republican Party that like Ted though?  
Getting my I’m primaried wouldn’t even be hard.  Just need a few key figures to speak out against him and divert any funding from him to a challenger.    I mean, he’s really making the party look bad.  I guess I shouldn’t care to much.  

Edited by dingleberryswitzer

12 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Are there 8 people in the entire Republican Party that like Ted though?  
Getting my I’m primaried wouldn’t even be hard.  Just need a few key figures to speak out against him and divert any funding from him to a challenger.    I mean, he’s really making the party look bad.  I guess I shouldn’t care to much.  

Yes. More than 8. A lot. 

the power of incumbency is substantial. No one is going to rock the boat and risk anything, and no one is going to risk taking their shot and losing and having someone do similar to them in return. And these people don’t gaf about looking bad, seriously? You been asleep for the last 15 years?

• Hook 'Em 1

Be careful what you wish for.

How does Senator Mack Brown sound? Or Senator Tom Herman?

Yeah you have to remember, when given a choice between a garden variety cheater in RC Slocum, a snake oil salesman in Mack Brown, and a rape enabler in Art Briles, Republicans are going to pick the worst human among them.  Art Briles wins that one in a landslide.  And this is why they aren't going to replace Cruz in the primary.  They already have a pretty terrible human right where they want him to be, so they aren't looking to replace him.  Were Ted Cruz to wake up tomorrow and apologize for his past behavior and immediately start acting like a stand up guy who is truly looking out for his constituents (lol), then he might have to worry about a challenge from Briles.  Til then, he's golden.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse
posted too soon.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, brakeman said:

image.png.53d8f13881edc8b26791f04c5d8030f7.png

People laugh, but they shouldn’t. You can see it with all these guys. Theyre dressing to appeal to their perceived electorate as a type of character that they believe their voters want those or are themselves. In poor shitty countries it’s a general with a chest full of medals. In Cuba it was the forever revolutionary. In Texas it’s some weird hybrid of hunter/military member. 

it’s 3rd rate propagandism and it apparently is absolutely working while the other half of us can’t stop laughing. But he wins elections. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 4:47 AM, SydneyCarton said:

People laugh, but they shouldn’t. You can see it with all these guys. Theyre dressing to appeal to their perceived electorate as a type of character that they believe their voters want those or are themselves. In poor shitty countries it’s a general with a chest full of medals. In Cuba it was the forever revolutionary. In Texas it’s some weird hybrid of hunter/military member. 

it’s 3rd rate propagandism and it apparently is absolutely working while the other half of us can’t stop laughing. But he wins elections. Fuck. 

I was surprised Trump never asked for a military uniform with a bunch of medals. 

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Fuck Boehner for being the first of the GOP obstructionists, but it is fun to see cruz get shit on constantly

Fuck Boehner indeed. I had to change the channel when he declared that it’s actually the Democrats who are a monolith and more reliably vote in unison than the Republicans. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fuck Boehner indeed. I had to change the channel when he declared that it’s actually the Democrats who are a monolith and more reliably vote in unison than the Republicans. 

I watched to the end of the video above, but yeah he said that with a straight face.

On 4/6/2021 at 5:47 AM, SydneyCarton said:

In Texas it’s some weird hybrid of hunter/military member. 

It’s odd watching him try to pull this charade off repeatedly because you know he has no desire to be around any of these people at the places he goes to in that clothing. The lengths people will go to in order to maintain a position of power truly have no bounds. This guy is the living embodiment of that. 

Edited by UpperWestside