Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Okay.  But I respectfully disagree.  If not for Trump, he would have gone from former Solicitor General of the State of Texas to the 2016 GOP Nominee for President of the United States (though, losing to Hillary...but still) in the course of 4 years.  He and John Drogin invented the path by which disinformation and tactical never-voted demographic messaging would be the default, not the outlier to bring down David Dewhurst...and almost used it to win the GOP nomination.  Problem is, his blindspot was Trump getting an even bigger copy of the playbook.  Anyway, he's a sharp guy.  

Be glad that Trump wasn't smart.  And be glad Cruz wasn't likable.  Because both of those cases would have brought our nation to its knees.  

But I get it, y'all think he's a fucking idiot.  So I'll hang back and listen.  His game now is SCOTUS.

Didn’t say he was was dumb, but being valedictorian of his 2nd Baptist class in no way makes him sui generis.

9 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

You can be pretty book smart without having much common sense or a feel for the best course of action.  I think this fits him pretty well.   

Jamie Raskin has a more inspiring academic record and nobody constantly talks about how brilliant he is. 

25 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

You can be pretty book smart without having much common sense or a feel for the best course of action.  I think this fits him pretty well.   

I don't think he is exceptionally smart.  I just think he has a singular focus on the things that he perceives are in his best interest.  He would sell his kids and his ugly (but rich, how convenient) wife if he thought it would advance his interests.  

He kind of did that when he blamed going to Cancun on his kids.

To do this effectively, you have to have no shame.  That is in my opinion, his defining quality.

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

To be fair, god damn cancun is about as 'man of the people' as you can get.  Of course, he fucked that up too by leaving when he did.  He's an embarrassment to all of humanity.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Toooo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

giphy.gif

I find Cruz, as a person, to be reprehensible. That is probably the nicest thing I can say about him. He displays zero characteristics of a person who cares about others. When you lack empathy, as he has absolutely shown that he does, you do not need to be in a position of having political power over others. In a society that functions somewhat normally he would have been removed from office and he would not still be a sitting United States Senator that continues to gaslight his voters by telling and re-telling lies. The basis of who he is in his public life shows a human being that will lie if it benefits him. His actions in February should have had him removed as well. If your voters are quite literally freezing to death and you take off to Cancun you are not fit to lead anyone. He knew his fellow citizens were suffering, but he was in a monetary position to just take off for warmer weather while the plebes froze to death. 

With that said I find that harboring anger or hate, even towards someone like Cruz that wouldn't think twice about running his grandmother over if it would give him a bump in the polls in an election year, to be counterproductive. We get one shot at life and I believe that it should not be wasted be angry at people. I think it's good to go after folks and demand better from our elected officials, but being angry with him or wishing the worst on a person who shows that he is suffering from depression makes me no better than what Cruz is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I find Cruz, as a person, to be reprehensible. That is probably the nicest thing I can say about him. He displays zero characteristics of a person who cares about others. When you lack empathy, as he has absolutely shown that he does, you do not need to be in a position of having political power over others. In a society that functions somewhat normally he would have been removed from office and he would not still be a sitting United States Senator that continues to gaslight his voters by telling and re-telling lies. The basis of who he is in his public life shows a human being that will lie if it benefits him. His actions in February should have had him removed as well. If your voters are quite literally freezing to death and you take off to Cancun you are not fit to lead anyone. He knew his fellow citizens were suffering, but he was in a monetary position to just take off for warmer weather while the plebes froze to death. 
With that said I find that harboring anger or hate, even towards someone like Cruz that wouldn't think twice about running his grandmother over if it would give him a bump in the polls in an election year, to be counterproductive. We get one shot at life and I believe that it should not be wasted be angry at people. I think it's good to go after folks and demand better from our elected officials, but being angry with him or wishing the worst on a person who shows that he is suffering from depression makes me no better than what Cruz is.

I feels ya Buddha, but I’m not gonna quit sticking needles in my Ted Voodoo Doll. OK, there is a risk, but maybe dung beetle is a better gig than people think.
  • Haha 2

On 5/2/2021 at 8:20 PM, Lobo said:

Okay.  But I respectfully disagree.  If not for Trump, he would have gone from former Solicitor General of the State of Texas to the 2016 GOP Nominee for President of the United States (though, losing to Hillary...but still) in the course of 4 years.  He and John Drogin invented the path by which disinformation and tactical never-voted demographic messaging would be the default, not the outlier to bring down David Dewhurst...and almost used it to win the GOP nomination.  Problem is, his blindspot was Trump getting an even bigger copy of the playbook.  Anyway, he's a sharp guy.  

Be glad that Trump wasn't smart.  And be glad Cruz wasn't likable.  Because both of those cases would have brought our nation to its knees.  

But I get it, y'all think he's a fucking idiot.  So I'll hang back and listen.  His game now is SCOTUS.

My BIL went to law school with him and said he was a giant dick there too.  No one there had any use for Raphael either.

Guest Lobo
13 hours ago, elfenix said:

so ted cruz has not watched, let alone read, the bourne identity

He was about to pickup a copy at Terminal B's Hudson News...but the media spotted him.  

2 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Not gonna lie... I have mad respect for his troll skills.  Bro can whip up Twitter better than anybody.

haha, lots and lots and lots of Texans are dead. fucking hilarious. I hope he wins reelection every cycle so we can continue to kill our fellow Texans.

what a riot! 

The elite academic circles that Cruz was now traveling in began to rub off. As a law student at Harvard, he refused to study with anyone who hadn’t been an undergrad at Harvard, Princeton, or Yale. Says Damon Watson, one of Cruz’s law-school roommates: "He said he didn’t want anybody from ’minor Ivies’ like Penn or Brown."*

https://www.gq.com/story/ted-cruz-republican-senator-october-2013

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

haha, lots and lots and lots of Texans are dead. fucking hilarious. I hope he wins reelection every cycle so we can continue to kill our fellow Texans.

what a riot! 

If Ted Cruz never existed, lots and lots of Texans would be dead.  C'mon...  I'm referring to a damn twitter post about him talking about Jason Bourne and you kill my vibe with deaths.

I guess you think Ted Cruz is Senator of India, too...  Stop making that shit political.  Ted Cruz did not do it. I think he's a piece of shit, but I think his Twitter trolling is strong.... and he did not kill anybody with Covid. He is not that fucking powerful.

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

I think his Twitter trolling is strong.... and he did not kill anybody with Covid. He is not that fucking powerful.

He’s a Senator, it’s not his fucking job to have a strong troll game. If he wants to resign I’m happy to judge him on those terms. 

Also, if he was a real leader and wasn’t happily feeding his constituents bullshit do you think it’s possible that fewer Texans would be dead? How many fewer for you to give a shit? 10, 100, 1000? What is the line for dangerous and callous behavior where it stops being so funny that the guy is triggering libs online?

• Hook 'Em 6

I'm not sure how smart he is, and he certainly isn't stupid, but he's shameless, socially ackward af wholly self- unaware, power hungry and dangerous.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

trump keeps ted around for the same reason ramsey bolton kept theon around.

tenor.gif

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of money that every time the two of them talk or meet, dotard reminds Ted early and often how he's made Cruz his bitch.  The groveling must be hilarious.

16 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Who better to discuss how to win back the House and Senate than with the guy who cost you the House and Senate. Fucking clown. 

“Ok... how about this Donald... and bare with me here.  What if... we act like bigger assholes!, and just say MORE random bulllshit.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of money that every time the two of them talk or meet, dotard reminds Ted early and often how he's made Cruz his bitch.  The groveling must be hilarious.

Never forget... 

cruz.png.7fe8a9b0fb7db5d346e4e5d126cea12f.png

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

He’s a Senator, it’s not his fucking job to have a strong troll game. If he wants to resign I’m happy to judge him on those terms. 

Also, if he was a real leader and wasn’t happily feeding his constituents bullshit do you think it’s possible that fewer Texans would be dead? How many fewer for you to give a shit? 10, 100, 1000? What is the line for dangerous and callous behavior where it stops being so funny that the guy is triggering libs online?

He's a Senator "It's not his job" to be "a real leader."  His "job" is to make and pass laws and confirm presidential appointsments.

AOC is a Congresswoman... Strong troll game as well.  Not her job, though.  She is trying to be a leader, but it's not her "job".

I give a shit now.  1 fewer death would be great. (Seriously)

Having said that, Ted Cruz is no more responsible for my former roommate's covid death than I am.  

I don't know about you, but I don't need politicians to tell me how to survive.  They're called "Representatives" not "Leaders".  Some (too many?) people think REPRESENT means LEAD. It doesn't.  A Representative can be a leader and a leader can be a Representative. But "it's not his job" to lead...

26 minutes ago, Snacks said:

He's a Senator "It's not his job" to be "a real leader."  His "job" is to make and pass laws and confirm presidential appointsments.

AOC is a Congresswoman... Strong troll game as well.  Not her job, though.  She is trying to be a leader, but it's not her "job".

Having said that, Ted Cruz is no more responsible for my former roommate's covid death than I am.  

I don't know about you, but I don't need politicians to tell me how to survive.  They're called "Representatives" not "Leaders".  Some (too many?) people think REPRESENT means LEAD. It doesn't.  A Representative can be a leader and a leader can be a Representative. But "it's not his job" to lead...

Is the Leader of the Free World a leader? Because he's a politician. Where's the line?

I believe any elected official should be a leader in the sense they look out for the safety of their constituents. 

55 minutes ago, Snacks said:

This is fucking wild.