Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

He's a Senator "It's not his job" to be "a real leader."  His "job" is to make and pass laws and confirm presidential appointsments.

AOC is a Congresswoman... Strong troll game as well.  Not her job, though.  She is trying to be a leader, but it's not her "job".

I give a shit now.  1 fewer death would be great. (Seriously)

Having said that, Ted Cruz is no more responsible for my former roommate's covid death than I am.  

I don't know about you, but I don't need politicians to tell me how to survive.  They're called "Representatives" not "Leaders".  Some (too many?) people think REPRESENT means LEAD. It doesn't.  A Representative can be a leader and a leader can be a Representative. But "it's not his job" to lead...

So admittedly I may have responded a little strongly to your post yesterday; I read it at not the best time for me to personally be seeing somebody downplaying his bullshit. A few things though:

AOC is constantly used to make some kind of "both sides" post and it's clumsy or just wrong almost every time. Yes, she's good at Twitter but she is not a troll. You can think she is an idiot or disagree with every position she has but show me where she has ever compromised herself in order to troll the opposition. She uses Twitter to advocate for her principles, even when she'll happily lean into a "brutal twitter takedown" headline. That isn't Ted.

I'm not really interested in a leaders vs. representatives argument but I think you are way off base. What matters is the part in bold. Tons of people do look to elected officials to be leaders whether they should or not. Maybe it's because people are stupid (and lots of them are!), maybe it's because they are naïve, maybe it's because they are lemmings. No matter the reason they do and it's a responsibility. Ted Cruz has never once taken that responsibility seriously and during a pandemic as a US Senator in a state the size of Texas that has real consequences. Fuck him.

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

He's a Senator "It's not his job" to be "a real leader."  His "job" is to make and pass laws and confirm presidential appointsments.

AOC is a Congresswoman... Strong troll game as well.  Not her job, though.  She is trying to be a leader, but it's not her "job".

Having said that, Ted Cruz is no more responsible for my former roommate's covid death than I am.  

I don't know about you, but I don't need politicians to tell me how to survive.  They're called "Representatives" not "Leaders".  Some (too many?) people think REPRESENT means LEAD. It doesn't.  A Representative can be a leader and a leader can be a Representative. But "it's not his job" to lead...

Reading your posts here is causing to harken back to your "We are going to win" threads.  

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

You suck.  Stop posting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

blink-182 wtf GIF

Spoiler

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

And he’s done fuck all to represent his constituency while in the Senate.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is the Leader of the Free World a leader? Because he's a politician. Where's the line?

I believe any elected official should be a leader in the sense they look out for the safety of their constituents. 

The quote was: "It's not his job..."

I'm guessing most of us would like to elect leaders to represent us... but that "is not their job."

23 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

And he’s done fuck all to represent his constituency while in the Senate.

That's why he got voted out in 2018? The constituency needs to get it's shit together in 2024.

OK... I'm done fucking around with Ted Cruz talk.  My initial point remains.  His Twitter game is pretty strong.  That was it.  It has fuckall to do with how good he is or is not at his "job".

I hope y'all figure the shit out.  

16 hours ago, Snacks said:

I agree in the sense that members of the legislative branch don’t lead in the sense of setting the agenda. They do IMO have a moral obligation to lead by example. Walking the walk you could say. Ted fails miserably at that. AOC does that very well. 

And they represent all the people in their districts/states, not just the people who voted for them. I think these two and members of Congress in general don’t do a good job of remembering this. 

My sister sent a video message welcoming my daughter Rory to the family, and my toddler nephew said “hi DRORY!” and started cackling because he just owned his cousin. It was very cute. I also realized that even though it doesn’t mean anything at all and isn’t slightly clever, it doesn’t matter because he is a toddler, and his would be audience is toddlers, and they don’t care about things like that. It is in this way that Ted Cruz has a strong Twitter game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Usually "I'm done with (insert topic)" is a tell tale sign you lost the argument.

Also, MULTIQUOTE.  Jesus Christ. 

in this case it means i don't give a shit about Ted Cruz, but i do find it interesting that he gets so much attention so easily... the "no such thing as bad publicity" thing works for him.

of course, shaggysurly cloak room interprets that as a reason to fight about whether Ted Cruz is a good Senator.

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

That's why he got voted out in 2018? The constituency needs to get it's shit together in 2024.

OK... I'm done fucking around with Ted Cruz talk.  

I hope y'all figure the shit out.  

Ted Cruz talk in the Ted Cruz thread not going away.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Snacks said:

in this case it means i don't give a shit about Ted Cruz, but i do find it interesting that he gets so much attention so easily... the "no such thing as bad publicity" thing works for him.

of course, shaggysurly cloak room interprets that as a reason to fight about whether Ted Cruz is a good Senator.

He gets attention because he spends the majority of his time seeking it through the media and Twitter.  It's mostly all he does.

This is a political board for the most part made up of Texans, former Texans, or people with some connection to Texas through the university.  Ted Cruz is going to receive our attention and be discussed.

Guest Lobo

It’s weird Ted chose ‘fatal attraction’ because I often picture him screaming to Trump “I won’t be ignored!”

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It’s weird Ted chose ‘fatal attraction’ because I often picture him screaming to Trump “I won’t be ignored!”

SNL already did that with Kellyanne. Good thing McKinnon killed it because that was first time I heard the words ‘Kayleigh mcenany’ uttered and fuck that Barbie.

8 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

SNL already did that with Kellyanne. Good thing McKinnon killed it because that was first time I heard the words ‘Kayleigh mcenany’ uttered and fuck that Barbie.

Hmm. I'm not all that attracted to Kate McKinnon, and I'm definitely not attracted to Conway. But McKinnon as Conway kind of does it for me. Weird. 

• Rage+1 1

I find Cruz, as a person, to be reprehensible. That is probably the nicest thing I can say about him. He displays zero characteristics of a person who cares about others. When you lack empathy, as he has absolutely shown that he does, you do not need to be in a position of having political power over others. In a society that functions somewhat normally he would have been removed from office and he would not still be a sitting United States Senator that continues to gaslight his voters by telling and re-telling lies. The basis of who he is in his public life shows a human being that will lie if it benefits him. His actions in February should have had him removed as well. If your voters are quite literally freezing to death and you take off to Cancun you are not fit to lead anyone. He knew his fellow citizens were suffering, but he was in a monetary position to just take off for warmer weather while the plebes froze to death. 
With that said I find that harboring anger or hate, even towards someone like Cruz that wouldn't think twice about running his grandmother over if it would give him a bump in the polls in an election year, to be counterproductive. We get one shot at life and I believe that it should not be wasted be angry at people. I think it's good to go after folks and demand better from our elected officials, but being angry with him or wishing the worst on a person who shows that he is suffering from depression makes me no better than what Cruz is.
You are too nice.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:16 AM, Bullneck said:

I’d rather he spend his time making an ass of himself on Twitter vs doing his job.  He can’t fuck anything up if he’s not working.  In fact if he wants he has my blessing to take a 4 years vacation to Cancun.  

Edited by dingleberryswitzer
  • Hook 'Em 3