Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

I really do understand why assassins kill politicians. I'm probably 95% pacifist and I just want to fucking beat him to a bloody pulp he pisses me off so much. Anyone who is anywhere close to the decency/sanity line can easily fall off that cliff. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 12:10 PM, pyrohornIII said:

Is that a fitbit?  Wouldn't it be cool to hack that distantly and fuck with his readouts.  Kind of like when they kept switching clothes on ferret face in MASH?  

BJ switched clothes on Charles, not Frank.

”Starting tomorrow he gets taller.”

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Republicans don’t want to govern, they want to control. They don’t give a fuck about the consequences 

They don’t care about people and they don’t actually believe most of what they say other than the mean and hurtful and bigoted stuff. 

• Like 1

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) received a $320,000 book advance in 2020, according to a financial disclosure he filed on Monday.

Cruz’s campaign may have boosted his book sales, dropping $153,000 at retailer Books-a-Million in the three months after his newest publication hit the shelves, records with the Federal Election Commission show.

“The FEC has issued a long series of advisory opinions allowing members to use campaign funds to buy copies of their own books at a discount from the publisher, provided that the royalties they would normally receive on those sales are given to charity,” said Brett Kappel, an attorney specializing in campaign finance at Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg. 

Cruz’s office has not immediately responded to an inquiry. In February though, when the news first broke that Cruz used campaign funds to buy books, a spokesperson said the lawmaker had not received any royalties from his latest release. The spokesperson declined to identify what books the campaign had purchased.

Update Aug. 16, 2021: 5:35 p.m. “Senator Cruz has not received one cent of royalties in connection with any One Vote Away book sales,” according to a spokesperson, who also declined to identify what books the campaign had purchased.

Regenery published Cruz’s latest book, One Vote Away: How a Single Supreme Court Seat Can Change History on Sept. 29, 2020. Two weeks later, Cruz’s campaign spent $40,000 at Books-a-Million, according to his committee’s 2020 year-end report. On Oct. 30, the campaign made a second purchase from that merchant, this time for $1,500. And on Dec. 1, the campaign spent an additional $111,900 at Books-a-Million. Campaign-finance filings describe all three purchases as, simply, “books.”

The official Ted Cruz for Senate website offers autographed copies of his book in exchange for donations of at least $77.

Cruz’s campaign also bought $5,000 worth of Facebook ads to promote One Vote Away, according to Salon. The Campaign Legal Center, a government watchdog, later filed complaints with the FEC and Senate Ethics Committee.

Beyond any possible financial benefits Cruz might have enjoyed from his campaign’s book purchases, they also could have helped it reach multiple best-seller lists.

According to his disclosure, Cruz’s March 2020 deal with Regenery called for an advance of $400,000 payable in three installments, 15% of net sales on the hardcover edition, 7.5% of the paperback, 15% of foreign net proceeds, and 25% of net proceeds from the ebook.

Three other Senators made more as authors than they did from their $174,000 salary as lawmakers in 2020. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) earned $382,000, Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) received $278,000 and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) hauled in $202,000. Like Cruz, all three senators used campaign funds to purchase books. Unlike Cruz, their purchases were all for less than $20,000 and made directly through their publishers. Spokespeople for Duckworth and Cotton said their bosses followed the law regarding using campaign funds for book purchases. Warren’s office has not replied to inquiries.

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Republicans booing Cruz for endorsing Abbott. The reason is because Abbott wasn't crazy enough for them during the early stages of the pandemic.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Sen-Ted-Cruz-backs-Gov-Abbott-in-GOP-primary-16397844.php

I'd like to see a lot more of this.  

If I was George Soros, I would be funneling money to hard-right Republicans to get various little groups to boo and speak out against Cruz and Abbott and Dan Crenshaw, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Can anyone name one single thing this fucking Canadian has done for Texas other than embarrass it?

Dude you liberuls is just crazy.

Ted went to Cancun during the worst storm ever. He was just making sure the resorts were ready for us rich Republicans to inhabit while the poors could die peacefully.  Is that so hard to recognize his gifts? 

6 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Anybody seen or heard from Ted in the last day or so?   I figured with the tropical storm that is/will be hammering Texas he and the family have probably hightailed it for some place drier..

Like Heidi's snatch when he enters the room?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

I know of at least one for sure, possibly a second, guy in Austin that she's stepped out on Ted for in the last 10 years.  Apparently she's got a lot of pent-up sexual rage.  The Ted Cruz mustache rides just don't do it for her anymore.  He really is an ineffectual pussy.  I've never heard a rumor about him getting any on the side, but I'm guessing he has to be one of the no-pussiest getting cats I know.  /boomerang  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know of at least one for sure, possibly a second, guy in Austin that she's stepped out on Ted for in the last 10 years.  Apparently she's got a lot of pent-up sexual rage.  The Ted Cruz mustache rides just don't do it for her anymore.  He really is an ineffectual pussy.  I've never heard a rumor about him getting any on the side, but I'm guessing he has to be one of the no-pussiest getting cats I know.  /boomerang  

yeah, she's not even hot enough for a revenge bang, but as much as ole Ted has fucked Texas, I'd sure like to try.