Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

5 hours ago, Asithappens said:

As the line in "I Love You Phillip Morris" goes: fucking Texas.

RIP Steve McVicker, who wrote the articles on which that movie was based. He was a mentor of mine. A bad one, but that's a fact. 

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

He looks like that pervy grade level Earth Science teacher that’s on every high school faculty in America.

Y’all know who I mean.

The one at my high school was named Mr. Head.

Long story ahead....My dad went to UT as a clean-cut jarhead in 1962 and tried to volunteer for service in Vietnam twice in the next couple of years. He wanted to be a fighter pilot. They turned him down twice, once because they said he had gout, of all things, and the second time because of poor eyesight. Meanwhile, he was discovering things like weed, acid and the 13th Floor Elevators and had soured on the war. And then he got drafted. The Green Machine believed he was perfectly suited for the infantry, even though he'd been turned down twice before for the Air Force. So he had his physical and he absolutely loaded up on LSD. He remembers there was this line where there was a machine that was inoculating potential recruits, and he convinced himself the machine was injecting the potential recruits with "Vietnam kill juice." He fainted dead away, and was dragged off to see an army shrink. The shrink asked him a bunch of questions and my dad aced the test, such as when he asked him what illegal drugs he'd taken and my dad was like, "All of them, got any on you?" The shrink angrily stamped page after page of 4-F papers and soon enough there Uncle Sam had released him from any consideration of duty in the Nam. Point of the story: the shrink's name was Dr. Head. 

• Like 2

These kind of morons are why Cruz is still in office.  He's too much a pussy to correct his base.  Or too much of a turd.  Or both.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/texas-republican-official-publicly-declares-himself-a-white-nationalist-dRH6mf3eLUaN6WWFH-wzNA/#utm_source=Amplify&utm_medium=Intellectualist&utm_campaign=Twitter&utm_term=Cheri

Texas Republican Official Publicly Declares Himself A “White Nationalist”

XJ-iDdrr9U-vIy_ns1AUmw?w=684&q=40&h=457.

Ray Myers, a member of the Texas Republican Party’s 2018 platform committee, considers himself a white nationalist and is “very proud of it”, according to a Texas newspaper.

Via The Hill:

The Texas Observer reported Tuesday that Ray Myers took to social media last week and wrote, “Damn right, I’m a white nationalist and very proud of it."

“I am Anglo and I’m very proud of it, just like black people and brown people are proud of their race. I am a patriot. I am very proud of my country,” Myers explained in an interview with the outlet. “And white nationalist, all that means is America first. That’s exactly what that means.

• Rage+1 1

• 4 weeks later...

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz and Republican Rep. Francis Rooney proposed a Constitutional amendment on Thursday that would impose term limits on members of both houses of Congress.

Well I guess this is ol Ted's last term in the senate. I wonder what he plans to do in 6 years?

Oh wait:

No term beginning before the date of the ratification of this article shall be taken into account in determining eligibility for election or appointment under this article

Figures. Piece of shit.

Edit: Piece of shit had this to say:

"For too long, members of Congress have abused their power and ignored the will of the American people," Cruz said. "Term limits on members of Congress offer a solution to the brokenness we see in Washington, D.C. It is long past time for Congress to hold itself accountable.

Uhm, isn't voting the ultimate will of the [voting] American people? (I'm against term limits).

Edited by relapse98
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

Well I guess this is ol Ted's last term in the senate. I wonder what he plans to do in 6 years?

Oh wait:

Figures. Piece of shit.

Edit: Piece of shit had this to say:

Uhm, isn't voting the ultimate will of the [voting] American people? (I'm against term limits).

Every Congressman who is in favor of term limits who doesn't follow their own talking point is a piece of shit.  If he runs for re-election no one should let him forget that.

• Like 1

Only the cat is 1 googleplex times more likeable.  

My son is 8 and we never really talk about politics in front of him. But somehow he has such a visceral hatred for Felito that every time he sees someone doing something horrible, he gets outraged and says "that's something Ted Cruz would do."

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2018 at 5:32 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

RIP Steve McVicker, who wrote the articles on which that movie was based. He was a mentor of mine. A bad one, but that's a fact. 

Long story ahead....My dad went to UT as a clean-cut jarhead in 1962 and tried to volunteer for service in Vietnam twice in the next couple of years. He wanted to be a fighter pilot. They turned him down twice, once because they said he had gout, of all things, and the second time because of poor eyesight. Meanwhile, he was discovering things like weed, acid and the 13th Floor Elevators and had soured on the war. And then he got drafted. The Green Machine believed he was perfectly suited for the infantry, even though he'd been turned down twice before for the Air Force. So he had his physical and he absolutely loaded up on LSD. He remembers there was this line where there was a machine that was inoculating potential recruits, and he convinced himself the machine was injecting the potential recruits with "Vietnam kill juice." He fainted dead away, and was dragged off to see an army shrink. The shrink asked him a bunch of questions and my dad aced the test, such as when he asked him what illegal drugs he'd taken and my dad was like, "All of them, got any on you?" The shrink angrily stamped page after page of 4-F papers and soon enough there Uncle Sam had released him from any consideration of duty in the Nam. Point of the story: the shrink's name was Dr. Head. 

My uncle still has his "Draft Beer, Not Students" T-shirt that he wore in the 60s.  He took it to Vietnam with him after he got drafted and wore it under his fatigues.  He thought it was his good luck charm which, apparently, it was, since his unit sustained heavy casualties but he emerged unscathed.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

republican cheatery...gerrymandering and shit.

Unfortunately, not true. Have you looked at a political map of Texas recently?  I will just remind you that this state is home to eaTme, and we have a lot of rural voters with all that entails. We love to make fun of Arkansas Louisiana and Mississippi, but we have huge, vast quantities of hillbilly-equivalents right here in Texas.

21 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

actually said that Trump was "tougher on Russia" than previous Presidents.

The media needs to blast this bullshit to outer space by following up with, “Even if that were true, what about how Trump has been treating our NATO allies and trading partners?  Doesn’t Trump’s abrasiveness towards our allies work in Russia’s interests?” 

On 1/11/2019 at 6:20 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Unfortunately, not true. Have you looked at a political map of Texas recently?  I will just remind you that this state is home to eaTme, and we have a lot of rural voters with all that entails. We love to make fun of Arkansas Louisiana and Mississippi, but we have huge, vast quantities of hillbilly-equivalents right here in Texas.

Agree. While all the big urban counties have turned blue (Tarrant voted for Beto), only Travis county votes with a percentage that would make Democrats win statewide office because scores of rural counties vote 80%+ red. 

1 hour ago, Texas73 said:

Agree. While all the big urban counties have turned blue (Tarrant voted for Beto), only Travis county votes with a percentage that would make Democrats win statewide office because scores of rural counties vote 80%+ red. 

I don't understand what this means.  Other than the truism that we have lots of rural voters who skew Republican and make it hard for Dems to win statewide office, I'm not going to give Travis any more kudos than any other urban county that is trending Dem.

15 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I don't understand what this means.  Other than the truism that we have lots of rural voters who skew Republican and make it hard for Dems to win statewide office, I'm not going to give Travis any more kudos than any other urban county that is trending Dem.

Then you're going to criticize Harris or Dallas or Bexar then?  Because their margins are too thin to make up for the rest of the state although Dallas is getting encourgaing.  Additionally, a dominant theme of the mid-terms were suburban areas turning blue or building net percentages to flip seats, particularly the female vote.  This doesn't happen at a large enough scale to make Texas purple as of yet.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Travis county went for Beto 74.3 - 24.6%. As an example Harris: 58 - 41.3%. All I'm saying is if the other urban counties would vote as blue as Travis then Democrats might be able to overcome the massive advantage in rural Texas. 

The other way Democrats can win is having rural counties more vote closer to say 60 - 40%. That ain't going to happen though.

2 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Travis county went for Beto 74.3 - 24.6%. As an example Harris: 58 - 41.3%. All I'm saying is if the other urban counties would vote as blue as Travis then Democrats might be able to overcome the massive advantage in rural Texas. 

The other way Democrats can win is having rural counties more vote closer to say 60 - 40%. That ain't going to happen though.a

Won't the rural county vote shrink relative to cities? Those places ain't growing. Seems like the battle for Texas is in the suburbs.

6 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Won't the rural county vote shrink relative to cities? Those places ain't growing. Seems like the battle for Texas is in the suburbs.

Yes, urban areas are booming. It will take a few years, maybe a decade though(I'm guessing). I do think the real battle and the deciding factor in the next election could be in the suburbs. 

The rural 25% vote R plus a million votes or so. In 2012 the other 26 counties with 75% of the vote went Republican by over 200,000 votes. In 2016 the large counties went Democratic by over 200,000 votes. Off the top of my head i recall the  net swing being 560,000. In 2018 the gap closed to 220,000.

There will be around 2 million voters in 2020 who did not vote in 2018 and the vast majority of those will be in the large counties. The Rs 220,000 vote advantage from 2018 will vaporize.