Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

How the hell has the pandemic hindered fracking operations? It sure didn't seem to affect the pipeline construction coming thru Blanco or really even compel a sizable portion of the out-of-town work crews from wearing masks when indoors at local businesses. 

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Like 2

"Piece of shit" is too kind.

Continuing to pursue unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and some of his fellow GOP senators announced they would vote to reject the certification of Electoral College votes for the presidential election unless an emergency audit is conducted.

Link

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Seriously. What HAPPENED to him???

Whatever Putin/Trump has on Ted must be something else.

Actually, a post by @Js1 above nailed it - Cruz is afraid of Hawley.  Very afraid, and he should be.

Hawley will be 45 in 2024, Cruz will be 54.  Those aren't really old ages, particularly in politics, but Hawley is more charismatic and better looking, and if Hawley gets the nod in '24, Cruz will be 58 or 62 before he gets another shot, and he is only going to get worse-looking and even less charismatic and he knows it.  And if Trump runs in 2024, that means 2028.  12 years removed from Cruz's last campaign.

Cruz acts like he comes from the old-school GOP where many nominees are there because "it's their turn" - Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney - most of whom made multiple runs at the WH (exception of Dole), who think they've put in the time, the ass kissing, etc.  When those guys get derailed by another Republican, they don't always get another chance or two (and he's no Reagan or McCain). He got derailed by Trump in 2016, and Hawley could easily derail his 2024 bid if Trump anoints Hawley over Cruz.  And Trump will relish the chance to play kingmaker, unless he's running, in which case he will destroy Cruz.

Cruz has to be sweating hard - against Trump, he won 12 states, but does he get even half that if he runs against Trump again in 2024, or Hawley in 2024 or 2028?  

And Hawley's family publicly loves him.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Actually, a post by @Js1 above nailed it - Cruz is afraid of Hawley.  Very afraid, and he should be.

Hawley will be 45 in 2024, Cruz will be 54.  Those aren't really old ages, particularly in politics, but Hawley is more charismatic and better looking, and if Hawley gets the nod in '24, Cruz will be 58 or 62 before he gets another shot, and he is only going to get worse-looking and even less charismatic and he knows it.  And if Trump runs in 2024, that means 2028.  12 years removed from Cruz's last campaign.

Cruz acts like he comes from the old-school GOP where many nominees are there because "it's their turn" - Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney - most of whom made multiple runs at the WH (exception of Dole), who think they've put in the time, the ass kissing, etc.  When those guys get derailed by another Republican, they don't always get another chance or two (and he's no Reagan or McCain). He got derailed by Trump in 2016, and Hawley could easily derail his 2024 bid if Trump anoints Hawley over Cruz.  And Trump will relish the chance to play kingmaker, unless he's running, in which case he will destroy Cruz.

Cruz has to be sweating hard - against Trump, he won 12 states, but does he get even half that if he runs against Trump again in 2024, or Hawley in 2024 or 2028?  

And Hawley's family publicly loves him.

Cruz is Richard Nixon without whatever charisma and intelligence Nixon had.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I can’t compare him to Nixon.  Cruz isn’t even a real person.  Much like how Trump is more a basket of negative traits than a human, Cruz is just Trump with more intelligence and way less charisma.  He’s like a real life version of the most over the top chickenshit weaselly movie or pro wrestling character you can imagine.  

Watching him do and say anything to try to be President is like watching Gollum scheme to get back the ring.  It’s gross and pathetic and not fooling anyone in the slightest, yet he just keeps on doubling down.  I abhor political contributions, but I think I’m going to donate the max to his next Senate opponent.   It’s a disgrace that he holds public office.

The best strategy the Texas Dems could possibly have to beat Ted in his next senate race is to just call him Gollum. I’m 100% serious. Everyone knows the reference and it fits perfectly (well, except for the somewhat sympathetic and tragic backstory that Gollum had).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I can’t compare him to Nixon.  Cruz isn’t even a real person.  Much like how Trump is more a basket of negative traits than a human, Cruz is just Trump with more intelligence and way less charisma.  He’s like a real life version of the most over the top chickenshit weaselly movie or pro wrestling character you can imagine.  

Watching him do and say anything to try to be President is like watching Gollum scheme to get back the ring.  It’s gross and pathetic and not fooling anyone in the slightest, yet he just keeps on doubling down.  I abhor political contributions, but I think I’m going to donate the max to his next Senate opponent.   It’s a disgrace that he holds public office.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ted has so debased himself that this latest reveal that Trump tried to extort the Georgia SOS to "recalculate votes" for him will make no difference. 

He's still tweeting about election fraud. Saying that dismissing fraud claims is doing 'violence to our democratic system.'

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey Rafael, do you remember when your boss told you that Senators needed to get over it and not challenge the EC certification?  Do you remember how you hijacked this attempt at treason from Senator Hawley after he started to gain attention that you so much wanted?  And then this plot of yours blew up in your fat fucking ferret covered face and cost your party the majority?

Yeah, that was awesome.  Fuck you, cunt.