Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me pass on some personal experience here. Billboards are not hard, and they're not particularly expensive. although "expensive" is a relative term, obviously. You'll need to form an air tight PAC/LLC with as much invisibility as you can muster, however. Because there will be blowback. 

perhaps the greatest saga in longhorn message board history. certainly top 3. god bless you for that.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me pass on some personal experience here. Billboards are not hard, and they're not particularly expensive. although "expensive" is a relative term, obviously. You'll need to form an air tight PAC/LLC with as much invisibility as you can muster, however. Because there will be blowback. 

Listen to this man :)

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

perhaps the greatest saga in longhorn message board history. certainly top 3. god bless you for that.

Someone from surly had a billboard at some point and I missed it?  What was it?  Fire Mack Strong Herman Barnes Shaka Sark?

30 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Someone from surly had a billboard at some point and I missed it?  What was it?  Fire Mack Strong Herman Barnes Shaka Sark?

dude...

your quest begins in the heart of american democracy...north central florida.  good luck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

my letter (not a direct copy but imitation is flattery and all) Submitted under the Defense heading (Domestic enemy #2)

Senator Cruz,

As a native Texan, resident of the great State of Texas, former supporter and one of your constituents, I feel it is my duty to contact you about your words an actions and how they negatively reflect on me and all Texans.

You, sir, are guilty of sedition against the United States of America. The blood of five citizens is on your hands, including a peace officer and a veteran.

As a citizen and constituent, I demand that you resign immediately. You are not fit to hold the office of Senator, you are a traitor to this great country and have contributed greatly to it's reduced reputation and influence around the world.

At best, you are an embarrassment to the State of Texas.

Awaiting your resignation or impeachment,
TexasEd

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Dear Senator Cruz,

I am a 7th generation Texan, a former Republican voter, and a constituent. It is my civic duty to tell you that your recent words and actions have brought dishonor on our state and your office. They have damaged the Constitutional order. They have diminished the cause of liberty and freedom at home, diminished our standing abroad with friends and Allies, and furthered the goals of our authoritarian adversaries. And they have directly contributed to the death of several American citizens and an officer of the peace.

You have violated your oath to defend the Constitution of the United States against enemies foreign and domestic; in fact you joined forces with enemies to undermine the duly elected President-elect of the United States. You have failed to advance the interests of your constituents in Texas. And you have failed in your duty as an elected official to tell the truth and work to strengthen, not undermine our Republic. You have chosen to tear the fabric of our nation apart in pursuit of partisan political gains and the favor of a man who has repeatedly treated you with disdain and contempt. 

An honorable public servant would tender his resignation immediately; failing that I will support any efforts to impeach you. I look forward to the day when you no longer represent the greatest state in the union and when your voice is no longer heard in the world’s greatest deliberative body. 

Eagerly awaiting your resignation or removal,

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

my letter (not a direct copy but imitation is flattery and all) Submitted under the Defense heading (Domestic enemy #2)

Senator Cruz,

As a native Texan, resident of the great State of Texas, former supporter and one of your constituents, I feel it is my duty to contact you about your words an actions and how they negatively reflect on me and all Texans.

You, sir, are guilty of sedition against the United States of America. The blood of five citizens is on your hands, including a peace officer and a veteran.

As a citizen and constituent, I demand that you resign immediately. You are not fit to hold the office of Senator, you are a traitor to this great country and have contributed greatly to it's reduced reputation and influence around the world.

At best, you are an embarrassment to the State of Texas.

Awaiting your resignation or impeachment,
TexasEd

not bad 2018 bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Dear Senator Cruz,

I am a 7th generation Texan, a former Republican voter, and a constituent. It is my civic duty to tell you that your recent words and actions have brought dishonor on our state and your office. They have damaged the Constitutional order. They have diminished the cause of liberty and freedom at home, diminished our standing abroad with friends and Allies, and furthered the goals of our authoritarian adversaries. And they have directly contributed to the death of several American citizens and an officer of the peace.

You have violated your oath to defend the Constitution of the United States against enemies foreign and domestic; in fact you joined forces with enemies to undermine the duly elected President-elect of the United States. You have failed to advance the interests of your constituents in Texas. And you have failed in your duty as an elected official to tell the truth and work to strengthen, not undermine our Republic. You have chosen to tear the fabric of our nation apart in pursuit of partisan political gains and the favor of a man who has repeatedly treated you with disdain and contempt. 

An honorable public servant would tender his resignation immediately; failing that I will support any efforts to impeach you. I look forward to the day when you no longer represent the greatest state in the union and when your voice is no longer heard in the world’s greatest deliberative body. 

Eagerly awaiting your resignation or removal,

bon appetit eating GIF by METRO AG

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dear Mr. Cruz,

Go fuck your own face and die in a fucking fire.

Respectfully,

Biff H Tannen

Excited Oprah Winfrey GIF by Stacy Rizzetta, Senior Editorial Director

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So here's the problem with these dudes. Congress people, especially Senators, are really insulated. I have interacted with them in the "swamp" and have seen the layers. They can and will ignore anything that doesn't conform to their preferred view of the world.

The way to influence them is to pressure them through people that they care above. There is a reason Biden keeps bringing up the views of his college age granddaughter (I share many of her views).

Cruz's kids are in elementary school. So you could try to pressure the school. That actually worked with Trump's kid. Several of the fancy schools said no thanks because parents of the other kids said they'd pull their kids out. Pressuring a school with money in DC would be incredibly expensive.

Cruz's wife is a managing partner at Goldman, so she's insulated, but still feels the pressure from her partners. And of course, she can bring her own wrath versus any challenger there so this is likely a dead end too.

Billboards, etc are public and give us an outlet. But going after a fish this big requires big $ or creativity. Surly likely has one of them.

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

So here's the problem with these dudes. Congress people, especially Senators, are really insulated. I have interacted with them in the "swamp" and have seen the layers. They can and will ignore anything that doesn't conform to their preferred view of the world.

The way to influence them is to pressure them through people that they care above. There is a reason Biden keeps bringing up the views of his college age granddaughter (I share many of her views).

Cruz's kids are in elementary school. So you could try to pressure the school. That actually worked with Trump's kid. Several of the fancy schools said no thanks because parents of the other kids said they'd pull their kids out. Pressuring a school with money in DC would be incredibly expensive.

Cruz's wife is a managing partner at Goldman, so she's insulated, but still feels the pressure from her partners. And of course, she can bring her own wrath versus any challenger there so this is likely a dead end too.

Billboards, etc are public and give us an outlet. But going after a fish this big requires big $ or creativity. Surly likely has one of them.

Not going to work.

His kids already don't like him.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Senator Cruz,

Your seditious actions following the 2020 presidential election have caused lasting damage to the United States, and brought great shame to the state of Texas. The violent insurrection you fomented led to the death of five Americans, including officer Brian D. Sicknick, who was killed in the line of duty by a violent mob acting at your's, and President Trump's, direction.

As a native, life-long Texan, I can say with confidence that your actions do not represent the values of Texas, and certainly do not represent those found within the Constitution of the United States.

If you have even a shred of dignity, YOU MUST RESIGN and accept the legal consequences of your actions. Only then, can America begin to heal, and Texas can have the representation in congress that we deserve.

I will be contacting Senator Cornyn and Representative Carter imminently regarding this matter and will ask them to initiate the process of having you expelled from the Senate if you do not do the right and proper thing and resign. Do the right thing.

-ultimaton

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Senator Cruz,

Your seditious actions following the 2020 presidential election have caused lasting damage to the United States, and brought great shame to the state of Texas. The violent insurrection you fomented led to the death of five Americans, including officer Brian D. Sicknick, who was killed in the line of duty by a violent mob acting at your's, and President Trump's, direction.

As a native, life-long Texan, I can say with confidence that your actions do not represent the values of Texas, and certainly do not represent those found within the Constitution of the United States.

If you have even a shred of dignity, YOU MUST RESIGN and accept the legal consequences of your actions. Only then, can America begin to heal, and Texas can have the representation in congress that we deserve.

I will be contacting Senator Cornyn and Representative Carter imminently regarding this matter and will ask them to initiate the process of having you expelled from the Senate if you do not do the right and proper thing and resign. Do the right thing.

-ultimaton

Your version probably has a better chance of being published in the editorial section of the local newspaper, but I like mine better; to wit:

fuckboi,

Go fuck yourself you God damn fucking traitor.

Best Regards,
My dick

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

The ad is TraitorTed speaking at the rally frothing at the mouth for 2/3 of the image and 1/3 of the image is the cop getting crushed and wailing. Then fade that out to the death of the other cop. But always spelled out is #TraitorTed that comes into focus more. Exact same ad but for TraitorJo(sh). Can be shared.

Vote for Nivek. He’s not a total asshole.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The ad is TraitorTed speaking at the rally frothing at the mouth for 2/3 of the image and 1/3 of the image is the cop getting crushed and wailing. Then fade that out to the death of the other cop. But always spelled out is #TraitorTed that comes into focus more. Exact same ad but for TraitorJo(sh). Can be shared.

See my post on associating with assholes, everyone on surly is an asshole. 

30 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This is an ad that should be shared far and wide. Media literate people, where you at?

also, that piece of shit teddy should be legally barred from using ain’t. We don’t go inappropriately using the words eh or hoser. As a carpetbagging Canadian he should show us the same respect. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I started a letter to that shitbag yesterday, but I haven't decided if I am sending it email or real mail.  Mostly it was about how he's a failed senator, but here's the two parts where I dropped in a few minor insults:

You, sir, are no Texan.  You have no honor, no integrity, and no business calling yourself a Texan or pretending to represent this state.  You are a fancy-pants Canadian carpetbagger who dons mom-jeans and affects a Texas accent when you find it convenient.  It's not cute.  We know it's fake.  It's an insult to this great state.  

blah blah blah, fired up the unwashed middle-aged idiots, caused the death of 5 Americans.  Sided with a traitor. Blah blah before I really got mad:

I'm a seventh generation Texan.   My family has fought in wars and spilled blood for Texas.  We've grown cotton and cane and cattle.  We have been teachers and Texas Rangers and, yes, politicians.  Over those seven generations, we've represented Texas and Texan values.  Something you do not and will never have.  You don't represent us.  You don't even represent the millions of willfully ignorant Texans who are constantly duped by your cynicism, greed and hubris.  You're all hat and no cattle and you're a lying, sniveling coward.  

Then I told him it was his fault and that he should go back to private life.  Apologize to his kids. I concluded with:

Read a book on Sam Rayburn or Sam Houston.  Listen to Willie.  Learn what it means to be a Texan.  Maybe in all that free time you'll find your soul.  

IDK... do people mail letters anymore or is that frowned upon as threatening rather than mad-ass-hell-but-still-non-violent constituent.  

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, 4Pete said:

I started a letter to that shitbag yesterday, but I haven't decided if I am sending it email or real mail.  Mostly it was about how he's a failed senator, but here's the two parts where I dropped in a few minor insults:

You, sir, are no Texan.  You have no honor, no integrity, and no business calling yourself a Texan or pretending to represent this state.  You are a fancy-pants Canadian carpetbagger who dons mom-jeans and affects a Texas accent when you find it convenient.  It's not cute.  We know it's fake.  It's an insult to this great state.  

blah blah blah, fired up the unwashed middle-aged idiots, caused the death of 5 Americans.  Sided with a traitor. Blah blah before I really got mad:

I'm a seventh generation Texan.   My family has fought in wars and spilled blood for Texas.  We've grown cotton and cane and cattle.  We have been teachers and Texas Rangers and, yes, politicians.  Over those seven generations, we've represented Texas and Texan values.  Something you do not and will never have.  You don't represent us.  You don't even represent the millions of willfully ignorant Texans who are constantly duped by your cynicism, greed and hubris.  You're all hat and no cattle and you're a lying, sniveling coward.  

Then I told him it was his fault and that he should go back to private life.  Apologize to his kids. I concluded with:

Read a book on Sam Rayburn or Sam Houston.  Listen to Willie.  Learn what it means to be a Texan.  Maybe in all that free time you'll find your soul.  

IDK... do people mail letters anymore or is that frowned upon as threatening rather than mad-ass-hell-but-still-non-violent constituent.  

I think protocol these days for letters mailed to politicians is to put the anthrax on the inside of the envelope. 

Houston Chronicle calling for Ted to resign 

“those terrorists wouldn’t have been at the Capitol if you hadn’t staged this absurd challenge

“We’re done w/drama, opportunism, cynical scheming that has now cost American lives

“Resign and deliver TX from the shame of calling you our senator”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-Resign-Senator-Cruz-Your-lies-cost-15857293.php

Edited by Wayne
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Why she’s not a public figure, I can’t help but be intrigued and disgusted by Heidi Cruz. I don’t even want to think about their bedroom activities but how can a woman stay with a man that is such a pussy and doesn’t even outwardly support her? And it’s not like she needs Ted for financial support. Hasn’t she earned the majority of their non-investment income?

if I was married to the female equivalent of Ted Cruz, I think I would crawl into a bottle every night. Maybe that is she how she copes.

and Ted Cruz eats worms.  (Ted is the embodiment of Frank Burns.)

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why she’s not a public figure, I can’t help but be intrigued and disgusted by Heidi Cruz. I don’t even want to think about their bedroom activities but how can a woman stay with a man that is such a pussy and doesn’t even outwardly support her? And it’s not like she needs Ted for financial support. Hasn’t she earned the majority of their non-investment income?

if I was married to the female equivalent of Ted Cruz, I think I would crawl into a bottle every night. Maybe that is she how she copes.

and Ted Cruz eats worms.  (Ted is the embodiment of Frank Burns.)

Don’t besmirch good folks who crawl into a bottle nightly without being married to Lady Cruz.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

Where does Ted Cruz live? Not asking for an exact address.  I’ve always assumed he lived in Houston. I picture him in memorial, and that’s not a slam about memorial. I would live there.

I would join a peaceful protest at Teds house to chant shame or Ted lied, a cop died. And it’s not like I think Ted could feel shame but making him more unpopular with his neighbors would be a nice result. At a minimum, peacefully chase him out of Texas.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Where does Ted Cruz live? Not asking for an exact address.  I’ve always assumed he lived in Houston. I picture him in memorial, and that’s not a slam about memorial. I would live there.

I would join a peaceful protest at Teds house to chant shame or Ted lied, a cop died. And it’s not like I think Ted could feel shame but making him more unpopular with his neighbors would be a nice result. At a minimum, peacefully chase him out of Texas.

If I remember correctly, I think some poster from TOS Cloak Room said he lives just outside of River Oaks. Not sure if that was accurate and it was years ago so even if it was it then it may not be now.