Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Fuck that.  He doesn't deserve to go to Banff which happens to be one of the most awesome places on earth.  He should be sent to some third world shit hole that has no heat and no running water.  Houston Appalachia sounds about right.

Beto is posting everything he can for the people of Texas, the big metro areas and small towns, where to stay, where.to get food and watwr,.pet friendly places. Ted retweets NWS announcements and tributes to Rush Limbaugh. One is an elected official, the other holds no office, one goes off to Cancun because he's had the tickets for months and are non-refundable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

Beto is posting everything he can for the people of Texas, the big metro areas and small towns, where to stay, where.to get food and watwr,.pet friendly places. Ted retweets NWS announcements and tributes to Rush Limbaugh. One is an elected official, the other holds no office, one goes off to Cancun because he's had the tickets for months and are non-refundable. 

Beto is running for gov. Book it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I thought they just booked the trip because his daughter wanted to go since school was cancelled?

3 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I thought they just booked the trip because his daughter wanted to go since school was cancelled?

yes, that is according to ted's own released statement. this was a last minute deal, and he left his state and constituents in crisis without a care in the world because he's a cold blooded fucking reptile.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

This fucking bitch thinks so incredibly little of his constituents to be peddling this line of bullshit.

The fucking guy can't even maintain eye contact with the camera or the person asking him the question for more than three seconds. My 7 year old has a better line of bullshit than this.

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

i realize the state of texas is fucked because we have a population of dipshits who vote R because of guns and whatnot, but even in this backwards ass state, this has to leave some kind of lasting mark doesn't it?

This just might. 

If this won't nothing will. I know it's a long way off but you can still do a whole campaign ad off it years from now: grainy slow-mo of him skulking back into IAH while a stern voiceover reminds us "While millions of Texans were without power or water, Flyin' Ted Cruz took his family to Cancun, and then lied about why. He doesn't care about Texas. He doesn't care about you." Then contrast to the Dem candidate, smiling in bright sunlight, maybe letting a few rounds go downrange with a cool gun that is not an assault rifle, hardhat shot, pressing the flesh at a barbecue, Willie Nelson guitar in the background...

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i realize the state of texas is fucked because we have a population of dipshits who vote R because of guns and whatnot, but even in this backwards ass state, this has to leave some kind of lasting mark doesn't it?

well, he tried to stop the steal and voted against the conviction on impeachment articles for donald trump, so this doesn't even come close to balancing the scale against him.

16 minutes ago, smuggs said:

The fucking guy can't even maintain eye contact with the camera or the person asking him the question for more than three seconds. My 7 year old has a better line of bullshit than this.

Doesn’t matter. Never apologize and keep repeating the lie

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

this is actually something i don't understand. ted cruz is a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. i thought he would have at least had the political instinct that flying out of state on vacation during the worst statewide crisis (really, mutliple crises stemming from one overarching weather crisis) in decades would be a terrible idea

i would have thought he would be grandstanding at a power plant or something.

TheseOrangeAustralianfurseal-size_restri

He's just showing off the level of carte blanche Republican politicians have with their base.  They can do anything - literally anything - and not lose 90% of their voters.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Do you guys think Collin Allred has a chance to defeat Cruz in 2024?

If Beto runs for governor and loses, and since the Castros will never pick up the phone when it comes to running, I'm All In on Allred '24

49 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah, so we are supposed to believe he flew down to Cancun just to bring his kids there and was planning on returning the next day?  Sure

With his suitcase expanded? I often do that for an overnight trip. Shit, for an overnight trip I usually travel with a backpack.

1 minute ago, royiv said:

With his suitcase expanded? I often do that for an overnight trip. Shit, for an overnight trip I usually travel with a backpack.

When I used to travel for work, I took a bag that size for 5 days (M-F).  Granted, I was also carrying a backpack with my laptop and a few other electronics in but I managed to get stuff to work out in and 4 days of clothes plus sundry items in a carryon.   

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

When I used to travel for work, I took a bag that size for 5 days (M-F).  Granted, I was also carrying a backpack with my laptop and a few other electronics in but I managed to get stuff to work out in and 4 days of clothes plus sundry items in a carryon.   

There are some gullible rubes out there if they believe his line of bullshit. The fact that he even tries to pass that shit off tells you how stupid he thinks his constituents are. Anyone who has traveled takes one look at his suitcase and thinks "yeah, he wasn't planning on being gone for just one night."

Just now, royiv said:

There are some gullible rubes out there if they believe his line of bullshit. The fact that he even tries to pass that shit off tells you how stupid he thinks his constituents are. Anyone who has traveled takes one look at his suitcase and thinks "yeah, he wasn't planning on being gone for just one night."

I flew from Fairbanks to LA for the Rose Bowl against Michigan.    Left AK at about 7:00 on the 31st.   Got into LA early on the 1st, went over the Rose Bowl, watch the game and was back at LAX for a late night flight back to SEATAC.   Was home in Fairbanks by about 10:00 on the 2nd.   I was still wearing the close I had on from the 31st.  I had a backpack with me that was filled with more liquor (airline bottles wear easier to get  on board then or the TSA in AK just didn't give a shit) than anything else when I left Fairbanks and nearly empty when I got home.   36 hours in/out with the clothes I was wearing and backpack.

Ted, I'm talking to you.

• Like 1

Ted Cruz releases statement..       ‘Look, my wife and kids are so goddamn dumb there is no way they could find the hotel without me.   Trust me she’s dumb, I told my wife it was chilly outside, and she headed out the door with a spoon.  Dumb, fucking dumb I tell you.  Go America!’

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Doesn’t matter. Never apologize and keep repeating the lie

This is the GOP. has been for awhile

19 minutes ago, royiv said:

He knows its a lie, we know its a lie, his constituents know its a lie. They dont care. The GOP has cobbled together a bunch of single issue voters (guns, religion, abortion, immigration, etc...) that happen to be really reliable in the state of Texas. Cruz simply doesn't think its possible he can lose a senate seat in Texas. He's probably correct, but if anybody can do it, its that unlikeable piece of shit. 

• Rage+1 3

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If Beto runs for governor and loses, and since the Castros will never pick up the phone when it comes to running, I'm All In on Allred '24

"Hell yes, we're going to take your ar15's"

Beto kinda effed himself with that comments. If he had Allred's politics he'd probably win the rematch.