Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Using trademarked/licensed physical materials to raise money for a federal election, eh Ted?  Bold strategy, Cotton. 

That may also cause some reputational damage to the assets of the Dr. Seuss Foundation. 

How is that still up? 

What a disgusting troll.

Well, couldn't help myself.  Using credentials via one of the largest book festivals in the world who has great relationships with publishers...reached out to the Seuss estate which is understandably quite busy right now with media inquiries over the 'cancel culture' bullshit.  They were made aware that Cruz is taking their copyrighted material (bought in bulk fair 'n square, it is his legal right to buy 1000 copies of the book) and making $55 off the $5 book for his federal election coffers.  Seuss books and materials have been used to raise money for non-profits for decades.  But never for federal election fundraising. 

The estate itself is not going to raise a fuss over this...but Penguin-Random House Publishing?  They're as cash-strapped as anybody else right now with a bored IP legal team looking to make a name for itself in the midst of these pretend culture wars.  Plus Ted is so easily bated into getting into social media battles.  Stay tuned.

On 3/9/2021 at 12:17 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

For someone that starts a lot of posts with the phrase, “Not to defend...” you do a lot of defending.

Well the issue is whether immigrants might receive covid checks.  Because many immigrants, lawful and otherwise, do pay taxes via ITIN, they are on the tax rolls and thus might receive such a check.  

Now whether only SSN taxpayers should receive a check, or whether unlawful immigrants should receive a check, are issues I express no opinion on.  My initial thought is, if they pay taxes and live and work here, they ought to receive a check.

And Ted Cruz is a fuckstick.

I have to preface comments on here because this site is full of mindreaders and factual statements get confused with opinions with a high degree of frequency.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

That may also cause some reputational damage to the assets of the Dr. Seuss Foundation. 

How is that still up? 

What a disgusting troll.

Interesting legal question.  The rights conferred by trademark and copyright are generally exhausted when an item bearing the marks or containing copyright material is first sold.  So SeussCo has no trademark or copyright right to restrain Cruz, unless he unlawfully purchased the books.

Do they have a cause of action for reputational damage?  Hmmm.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:25 PM, Satchel said:

And yet, people continually talk about how brilliant he is. Is he really?

I think in some intellectual or academic sense, he's pretty smart.  But he has a really low EQ, and I think maybe his intellectual arrogance leads him to say and do shit that he thinks is clever and no one will figure out how actually stupid it is.

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think in some intellectual or academic sense, he's pretty smart.  But he has a really low EQ, and I think maybe his intellectual arrogance leads him to say and do shit that he thinks is clever and no one will figure out how actually stupid it is.

I don’t think it’s a low EQ-what you’re seeing is what a human looks like once their soul has been removed.

• Haha 4

On 3/6/2021 at 11:33 AM, Lobo said:

Yeah, how is this confusing people?  Undocumented immigrants pay all kinds of taxes from ITIN-based, payroll, sales tax, even property taxes.  None of that is the same as a SSN-marked federal tax return.  We also don't just randomly send our tax return checks to illegals 

But that doesn't stop the right wing idiots from spewing garbage like, "They come here and freeload off our welfare!"  And of course the spewer is usually some dipshit who makes like $30k and pays almost nothing in taxes.

Don't think Cruz has the clout to damage Dr Suess.  Plus this is one of the books that didn't get pulled.  I mean what is the point, Ted?  

If anything it's a win for Suess, keeping it current.

So the next move is the RNC buys all 1000 copies?  But will Trump let them?  

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Probably, but Jamie Raskin’s academic record is as, if not more, inspiring than Cruz’s and he doesn’t preen and strut around making an ass out of himself.

Defending Carlson Tucker against the US Military. What a Patriot. 

I was looking up Cruz’s service records a d couldn’t find anything. Later today I’ll check to see if he served in Canada. I’m not sure Cuba has public records available. 

Sen. Ted Cruz took aim at “ostentatiously childish and simply outrageous” statements and videos released by members and units of the U.S. military in response to a segment on Tucker Carlson Tonight.

“I am deeply troubled that the commitments you made, and the military's broader obligation to avoid political endorsements and controversy, are being systematically undermined for the sake of leftwing ideology and political expediency,” the Texas Republican wrote in a letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin.

Cruz then said the Pentagon launched “systematic, public attacks against television host Tucker Carlson that in substance, tone, and political resonance are inexplicably inappropriate.”

goddamn do I hate this motherfucker. 

• Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

He’s being paid to troll the government of the United States. This wouldn’t be so heinous if he wasn’t, you know, paid by the American taxpayers to be a part of said government.

Of all the stupid shit to be wasting time on. Fucking pretend for just one day that  you take your job seriously. 

26 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

hey ted, nice gut. Looking more and more like your orange muse every day.

His hair is even Trumpian now.

Hey, Ted -- what about Heidi?  You know, your wife?  How does she feel about you becoming a sycophant for the slimeball who disrespected her on national television?

I hope she's getting some good dick on the side.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:26 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

I need a Photoshop ace to collaborate on Ted meme....

Here is the premise:

Travis draws the line in the sand at the Alamo. (This pic probably won't work):

the-line-of-destiny-mark-lemon.jpg

And then you shop in:

e17d68e4b3fb4d47bcaad78596be15c649-ted-c

Sauntering right over that line in the sand.

38x32 

Talked to a right wing friend today. I thought surely the Cancun ordeal would be the end of his Ted love. Nope. He then compared it to that one time Gavin Newsom had dinner and when Adler went to that wedding or whatever as if those are even in the same universe as what Ted Cruise did. These people are lost. Yeah I know we know that, but it’s just kind of sad seeing so many people go down this path 

• Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

160668616_10223028731813937_724018987668

Okay, by way of explanation, that is young Felito Cruz performing as Noah in a one-man Christian mime performance back in his HS days.

As to the cryptic symbols, do your own research! Your findings will leave you stunned and amazed!

I hear Felito's first wife, Marilyn Burns was found dead in Houston in 2014.  https://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/marilyn-burns-texas-chainsaw-massacre-star-found-dead-1.2728857 

marilyn-burns.jpg

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

He’s wrong on saying it’s current cdc guidance, but it is common sense. Reporter is an enormous pussy.

Ted actually scores points here with me. 

You strike me as one of those people that thinks they read people/pickup on body language/tone better than others.  Nothing wrong with that, most adults see themselves that way, as astute observers of others.  But you're missing the point of the story. 

Cruz has a fair point here that is perfectly reasonable, but you're not watching his body language/facial expressions and you're certainly not paying attention to his tone.  There were 100 ways to deliver his response in any number of manners.  And he chose, "Absolutely, unmitigated condescending unlikeable, smarmy douchebag fuckface" when literally almost any other behavior would have been better.  He could have come across like less of a juvenile asshole had he just pointed at the reporter, screamed laughing, and shouted, "Ha, ha, ha.  You're saying words to me!"