Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I don't know. If she's not following the CDC guidelines she should be. (see how easy that is?)

Anyway, we are talking about Felito here, not Jen Psaki.

I remember when the fat orange cornered rat got back from his admission to the hospital, took off his mask for the camera and stared off into the distance ultimately later declaring that Covid was no big deal and everyone should get on with their lives.  It was so inspiring! 

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

He’s wrong on saying it’s current cdc guidance, but it is common sense. Reporter is an enormous pussy.

Ted actually scores points here with me. 

he is wrong, but scores point with you?

#GOPBrand

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Why are y'all wasting time discussing the least offensive thing Ted has done this year?

No, the least offensive thing Ted did this year was show an intern his "erection"  

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Because it’s obvious?

No, because her response would have most certainly not have been 1) "Fuck you, I've been vaccinated," followed by 2) lying about what the CDC recommends.  

No one is particularly annoyed that Cruz walked out in front of cameras maskless.  I think Don Johnson had it right that the situation was exactly a reporter baiting Cruz to say something selfish and stupid, and because that's Cruz's nature down to the bone, he took the bait and delivered.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The laughable attempt to feign outrage by Cruz to deplore conditions at ICE facilities when he couldn't even be bothered to care about Texas citizens freezing to death is just shitastic behavior in a long legacy of shitastic behavior.

No truer words have been typed herein. 

Edited by Saint Tacky

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol at all the chuckleheads coming to Cruz's defense. Almost makes you forget he's a seditious traitor. Almost.

Tahoe to the rescue - dropping facts in a liar's world. 

how you homies doing today? no nuke friday is rocking so far. no where to go but up and down, sometimes side to side

ed5c95e1a1937ef9c16cd913ec318dea.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, staboner said:

Tahoe to the rescue - dropping facts in a liar's world. 

how you homies doing today? no nuke friday is rocking so far. no where to go but up and down, sometimes side to side

ed5c95e1a1937ef9c16cd913ec318dea.gif

Wait a minute.  Shouldn't no nuke fridays be over since we got rid of the maniac with the nuclear football?

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

know how i know ted cruz has never given a shit about the border? 

i mean, this has been happening my whole life. though i admit the border is more dangerous. i miss crossing over. 

I went to Boquillas a couple of years ago for the first time since I was a kid.  That is absolutely something every Texan should do.  I guarantee you that Ted has never been to Boquillas.

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I guarantee you this was staged.

he could have hired me, a pinche gringo living in south austin, who hasn't been to the border in years, and i could've taken him to any spot on the border where we could've found people crossing. i could probably have even found people who would have cussed at me in spanish for shining a light at them.

Yeah cartel smugglers often shine lights on full TV camera crews especially when they're accompanied by border patrol to protect a VIP asset.  Then they also shout a lot and call attention to themselves so they can be made.  I'm sure that's how they've stayed in business so long, calling as much attention to themselves as possible while smuggling.  

22 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

What's the difference?  Schumer not even wearing one as he walks in.  Neither wearing it while speaking side by side.  Look at how close the photographers are.  I'd assume the reporters are no further away than they are with Cruz.  And neither had been vaccinated.

This is weird.  You think Ted did nothing wrong.  Ok, that's fine, but why do you then bring up these two and ask why they are allowed to do something wrong and Ted gets raked through the coals for it?  Either Ted did nothing wrong, and therefore neither did these two, or else they all 3 need to learn some lessons in taking personal responsibility as leaders to set a good example.  

I'm pretty sure you aren't arguing the latter, so why even bring these two up?  Is this supposed to be some sort of whataboutism?  You aren't doing this correctly. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

This is weird.  You think Ted did nothing wrong.  Ok, that's fine, but why do you then bring up these two and ask why they are allowed to do something wrong and Ted gets raked through the coals for it?  Either Ted did nothing wrong, and therefore neither did these two, or else they all 3 need to learn some lessons in taking personal responsibility as leaders to set a good example.  

I'm pretty sure you aren't arguing the latter, so why even bring these two up?  Is this supposed to be some sort of whataboutism?  You aren't doing this correctly. 

My thoughts on it are:

Ted didn't really do anything wrong.  The odds of him i) having Covid being fully vaccinated and ii) being able to pass it asymptomatically to someone who can iii) choose to wear a mask and iv) stand many feet away is miniscule and we all know that.  If Ted tested positive today there isn't a single person there that would qualify as having close personal contact.

There is value added to communicating without a mask.  Everyone else was wearing a mask and the one person speaking on camera was not.

Ted is a clown and his response was clownish.  If he didn't straight up lie, he was grossly misinformed about something he should be informed on.  But that's not what people are upset about.  If he would've just answered "no, I won't wear a mask." and not inaccurately cited the CDC, its not like this would've gone away and not been a story.  It was about him not wearing a mask.

The member of media was trying to trigger him and he walked right into it.

The media would never do that to someone on the other side of the aisle.  Prior to my post that you have quoted, there was discussion about Psaki similarly not wearing a mask.  It was dismissed by many for various "not apples to apples" reasons, so I posted an apples to apples comparison.  Except the Pelosi/Schumer example was a much greater violation.  Neither vaccinated, both elderly, neither wearing a mask(it appeared Schumer didn't even have one) and both side by side within a foot of each other.  It was not a media story at all.  No reporter felt uncomfortable and had to leave.

Whataboutism, sure.  Happens 100 times a day on this site cutting every which of way.

Edited by Don Johnson

Fun fact...while Ted was engaged his media stunt at the river/border crossing earlier this week...you dumbass Cruz apologists missed an important detail.  

Ted & his posse shining lights on them.  Cartel smugglers shining lights on Ted & posse.  Ted & his posse talking about them, cartel smugglers shouting about Ted & posse.  Everybody looking at everybody, evaluations made, size-ups continue, etc., etc., etc.  Right?  Ted's the big Texas hero for exposing the kind of smuggling that goes on at our border crisis every night, right?  

Two additional Border Patrol squads got pulled off their usual sectors to provide additional security for Sen. Cruz and his team.  While Ted was playing attention-whore Boy Scout in his sector, the cartels were treating that as their guys running interference.  While Ted and CBP were fixated on their sector and the smugglers were calling attention to themselves, the actual smuggling was taking place upriver where nobody was watching the store.  

When you announce your river border visit ahead of time, Senator Dipshit, they can put on a fake show for you and your FoxNews friends, while business as usual continues upriver with even less pushback than usual.  But maybe that was your plan all along, Ted.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fun fact...while Ted was engaged his media stunt at the river/border crossing earlier this week...you dumbass Cruz apologists missed an important detail.  

Ted & his posse shining lights on them.  Cartel smugglers shining lights on Ted & posse.  Ted & his posse talking about them, cartel smugglers shouting about Ted & posse.  Everybody looking at everybody, evaluations made, size-ups continue, etc., etc., etc.  Right?  Ted's the big Texas hero for exposing the kind of smuggling that goes on at our border crisis every night, right?  

Two additional Border Patrol squads got pulled off their usual sectors to provide additional security for Sen. Cruz and his team.  While Ted was playing attention-whore Boy Scout in his sector, the cartels were treating that as their guys running interference.  While Ted and CBP were fixated on their sector and the smugglers were calling attention to themselves, the actual smuggling was taking place upriver where nobody was watching the store.  

When you announce your river border visit ahead of time, Senator Dipshit, they can put on a fake show for you and your FoxNews friends, while business as usual continues upriver with even less pushback than usual.  But maybe that was your plan all along, Ted.  

Of course this is what happened. Cancun Cruz puts on a fake show for the Fox News idiots while meanwhile the drugs get smuggled in elsewhere. We have fake Texans for politicians in this state. 

On 3/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, GRHorn said:

What rules is Jen psaki following?

Here is a picture of biden's press conference. Notice how far he is from the reporters. Notice how sparsely the room is filled. Notice how far apart the reporters are.

GettyImages_1309127906.0.jpg

Seems to be following current CDC guidelines, as far as I can tell. That room is probably well ventilated as well. I would bet money Psaki's press briefings are similar.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

My thoughts on it are:

Ted didn't really do anything wrong.  The odds of him i) having Covid being fully vaccinated and ii) being able to pass it asymptomatically to someone who can iii) choose to wear a mask and iv) stand many feet away is miniscule and we all know that.  If Ted tested positive today there isn't a single person there that would qualify as having close personal contact.

There is value added to communicating without a mask.  Everyone else was wearing a mask and the one person speaking on camera was not.

Ted is a clown and his response was clownish.  If he didn't straight up lie, he was grossly misinformed about something he should be informed on.  But that's not what people are upset about.  If he would've just answered "no, I won't wear a mask." and not inaccurately cited the CDC, its not like this would've gone away and not been a story.  It was about him not wearing a mask.

The member of media was trying to trigger him and he walked right into it.

The media would never do that to someone on the other side of the aisle.  Prior to my post that you have quoted, there was discussion about Psaki similarly not wearing a mask.  It was dismissed by many for various "not apples to apples" reasons, so I posted an apples to apples comparison.  Except the Pelosi/Schumer example was a much greater violation.  Neither vaccinated, both elderly, neither wearing a mask(it appeared Schumer didn't even have one) and both side by side within a foot of each other.  It was not a media story at all.  No reporter felt uncomfortable and had to leave.

Whataboutism, sure.  Happens 100 times a day on this site cutting every which of way.

It’s almost like he has treated mask wearing, and the pandemic in general, as though it’s a hoax. Sorry if the other side gets the benefit of the doubt and he doesn’t. You made the bed

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Here is a picture of biden's press conference. Notice how far he is from the reporters. Notice how sparsely the room is filled. Notice how far apart the reporters are.

GettyImages_1309127906.0.jpg

Seems to be following current CDC guidelines, as far as I can tell. That room is probably well ventilated as well. I would bet money Psaki's press briefings are similar.

Tell me the reporter who was "uncomfortable" with Cruz, couldn't distance themselves as far away as anyone is this photo.  They probably wouldn't even be allowed to get any closer to Cruz than those on the front row here.  Not to mention these pressers are much longer than Cruz's sound bite. Has anyone asked Jen to put on a mask?  Of course not.  Nor should they.  She's vaxxed, they're in masks, they want her to communicate clearly...

spacer.png

Edited by Don Johnson

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Tell me the reporter who was "uncomfortable" with Cruz, couldn't distance themselves as far away as anyone is this photo.  They probably wouldn't even be allowed to get any closer to Cruz than those on the front row here.  Has anyone asked Jen to put on a mask?  Of course not.  Nor should they.  She's vaxxed, they're in masks, they want her to communicate clearly...

spacer.png

What a weird hill to die on.

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Here's the video for that above. You know he's going to give Fox material for months. I hope he and his little GOP group are covered in ticks.

How could Ted Cruz be sure those dudes yelling were smugglers? It could've also been a couple guys getting drunk down by the river.

MAQA Nation:  "Cruz is a hero, he engaged those smugglers for so long...they were unable to complete their smuggling mission across the river.  He's a true patriot!"  

Guys 4 miles up river, "Man, super dark and quiet tonight on this bend.  This is easy.  We'll be home early at this rate.  Cruz is a hero!"