Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

54 minutes ago, staboner said:

well thats fucking it. i am gonna raise my JOE BIDEN 2044 flag even higher on my miata when i head out tomorrow morning. 

tarnish this man's name. he is sexual tyrannosaurus and forget things just like me

predator-richard-chaves.gif

whatever happened to that poster from the old site with handle of "Blain", I think the avatar was Jesse with the M134.  Guy hated every single post I ever made.  Stunk like hell but I'll sure miss 'em.  Guess you could say that about all my girls.  

Also-f Cruz

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

thank you. I shoulda put that together

Not really, unless you watch motor sports.

Honestly, it's pretty damning of the NASCAR crowd, and pretty fucking embarrassing, but of course Cruz has to act like the wealthy, Ivy League-educated individual that he is.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I though it was just some stupid shit the magats had come up with.

salute your shorts nicksplat GIF

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not really, unless you watch motor sports.

Honestly, it's pretty damning of the NASCAR crowd, and pretty fucking embarrassing, but of course Cruz has to act like the wealthy, Ivy League-educated individual that he is.

salute your shorts nicksplat GIF

Is that a salute your shorts gif?  Also he’s clearly not saying that. 

Oh, Ted.....you're so unlikeable that even your NASCAR "base" will keep turning left  just to get away from you.  And if they don't, they'll burst into flames to avoid you.

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

whatever happened to that poster from the old site with handle of "Blain", I think the avatar was Jesse with the M134.  Guy hated every single post I ever made.  Stunk like hell but I'll sure miss 'em.  Guess you could say that about all my girls.  

Also-f Cruz

blain is good people. i think he just got sick of all our shit. and/or is here undercover. 

and thats fair

old painless stopped waiting

School shooting in your state?

Government shutdown looming in your D.C. realm?

Shouldn't you be on your way to the Maldives or something Senator Asshat?  

On 9/22/2021 at 11:28 AM, Js1 said:

Here's the answer.  I am sure it won't be the last of these cases we hear about either.   

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-woman-rural-texas-unable-obtain-id-needed/story?id=80395815

Black woman in rural Texas struggles with process to vote, advocates say system is unfair

Advocates say voter ID laws could disproportionately impact minorities.

While voters across Texas submitted voter registration applications on Monday, Oct. 4, ahead of the Nov. 2 statewide election, 82-year-old Elmira Hicks worried she would not be able to have her vote counted.

The Oakwood, Texas, native said she hasn't been able to renew her driver’s license for more than a year because she has been unable to present the required birth certificate needed to verify her identity.

In the Lone Star State, election laws require voters to present a driver's license, passport, military identification card, citizenship certificate, state election identification certificate or a personal identification card to cast a ballot in person.

A person does not need an ID to register to vote, or to vote by mail in the state of Texas.

For voters ages 70 and over, an otherwise valid form of ID may be presented when casting a ballot, even if it’s expired, according to the office of the Texas Secretary of State.

If a voter does not possess or cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven acceptable forms of photo ID, the voter may file a Reasonable Impediment Declaration and present a supporting form of ID, such as a bank statement, current utility bill, paycheck or government check.

Hicks and her daughter, Jonita White, said they were unaware of the RID process, and that without a driver’s license and limited transportation, it's difficult for Hicks to participate in state and federal elections.

"My voice does not count.” Hicks told ABC News. ”It's very important. People have died just to vote, people have stood in line, in the rain, women fought to vote and now I can't vote."

Like many Black elders in the South, Hicks was born at a time when records weren't kept. She never had a birth certificate. Her daughter has helped her apply for one. The pair even went to court over the issue, and said a judge ruled in their favor. Still, they said the Office of Vital Statistics rejected Hicks because she filled out an outdated form, according to White.

"I do feel like the laws right now are targeting my mother and other African Americans in this country," White said.

Eight state constitutional amendments ranging from taxes to judicial eligibility will be up for a vote on Nov. 2, in an election that, as of now, Hicks will not be able to participate in.

Advocates warn that potentially thousands of predominantly minority voters could be disenfranchised due to voter identification requirements, which could have large implications during next year's midterm elections for state and congressional races.

"It's often very common for people of a certain age not to have a birth certificate. I want to emphasize it's not as uncommon as people might believe," said Franita Tolson, the vice dean for faculty and academic affairs and a professor of law at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law.

"In this country, race correlates to a lot of different characteristics. So, for example, if you take voter identification laws ... people of color, so African Americans, Latinos, will be less likely to have the underlying documents that you need in order to get the ID in the first place in order to get a driver's license," Tolson continued.

Texas recently passed the Election Integrity Protection Act, one of the most restrictive voting laws in the country. It bans drive-thru voting, enlists new regulations for early voting and enacts new ID requirements for mail-in voting.

While Tolson does not believe all voter identification requirements are discriminatory, she called Texas' voter ID measures "racist" during a Congressional Subcommittee hearing on Sept. 22 because she believes they disproportionately impact voters of color.

"Texas has a very restrictive voter ID law," Tolson said. "If you read it, it doesn't seem racist on its face, but if you think about how it operates in practice, as well as the intent behind it, it is fairly racist. For example, Texas' law only allows voters to have a certain limited amount of IDs. You have to have a driver's license, you can have a hand handgun license, you can have a military ID, but you can't have a federal ID, or you can't have a student ID, which are the types of IDs that people of color are more likely to have."

Rep. Steve Toth R-Texas, vehemently disagreed with Tolson's claim that the state's election laws are discriminatory, telling ABC News that the latest legislation makes it easier for people to vote and harder to commit fraud.

"We expanded the number of hours for people to vote, we expanded the number of days so people could vote. We added criminal penalties to people that want to shut voting locations down early or open late. We made sure that employers had to allow people to leave early to vote," Toth said, calling Tolson's charge offensive.

Nationally, there is bipartisan support for voter identification requirements among the majority of Americans, and 62% of Democrats support photo ID requirements, along with 87% of Independents and 91% of Republicans, according to a Monmouth poll..

Toth told ABC News that voters like Hicks have recourse.

"If they can't get a driver's license, go to DPS {Department of Public Safety], with a social security card, or some other ID, and to get an ID [election identification card] so that you can vote. It's free," Toth said, acknowledging that most people vote using their driver's license.*

White said obtaining an election identification is not so easy for an 82-year-old woman who lives in a rural area without the convenient ability to drive herself to the Department of Public Safety.

"My challenge is it's taking so long to get this done," White said. "And to send my mother through all of these hoops at this age to go get documents notarized, to go get her Social Security application, We're having to look for high school records and baptism information ...To send her through such a process, it really is ridiculous."

The lady who Cruz was attacking is in this article.  She should have told this story.

* DPS in neither Leon or Madison County has ever issued an Election ID card.  Even if they tried, due to Covid now they can't walk in, but must make an appointment.  The next availables for those counties are in 6 to 8 weeks.   And most likely they won't have everything they need and have to make this trip several times, each time having to make a new appt.   While on the surface it all seems legit and above board, but it underneath it just throws up more and more frustrating roadblocks to voting, which in turn makes people throw their hands up.  

So yeah, she should have told this story.  SMDH.

Cruz pins debt crisis on Democrats’ ‘trillions’ but Trump spilled 11x more red ink than Biden so far…

But contrary to Cruz’s effort to blame past Democratic extravagance, the glop of icing atop the humongous mountain of federal debt was added under the last president.

The debt ballooned by $7.8 trillion under Republican Donald Trump. That spending — for a $2.1 trillion bailout when the pandemic sent the country into lockdown, and for tax cuts that he, Cruz and other Republicans insisted would not drive up deficits — accounts for most of the current problem.

Since President Joe Biden took office in January, the national debt has risen just $677 billion — well shy of even a single trillion.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/10/05/cruz-pins-debt-crisis-on-democrats-trillions-but-trump-spilled-11x-more-red-ink-than-biden-so-far/

• Hook 'Em 2

Cruz pins debt crisis on Democrats’ ‘trillions’ but Trump spilled 11x more red ink than Biden so far…

But contrary to Cruz’s effort to blame past Democratic extravagance, the glop of icing atop the humongous mountain of federal debt was added under the last president.

The debt ballooned by $7.8 trillion under Republican Donald Trump. That spending — for a $2.1 trillion bailout when the pandemic sent the country into lockdown, and for tax cuts that he, Cruz and other Republicans insisted would not drive up deficits — accounts for most of the current problem.

Since President Joe Biden took office in January, the national debt has risen just $677 billion — well shy of even a single trillion.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/10/05/cruz-pins-debt-crisis-on-democrats-trillions-but-trump-spilled-11x-more-red-ink-than-biden-so-far/

I thought Biden laid out the debt issue pretty clearly today. Cruz, yeah, if I ever met him, I might punch him. And he'd crumple like the sorry sack of shit that he is. I may be a woman, but my dad taught me how to throw a punch just in case.
  • Hook 'Em 4

It’s hard to imagine anybody liking this guy:

One classmate recalls the time she gave Cruz a ride from New York to Cambridge. “We hadn’t left Manhattan before he asked my IQ,” said the classmate, Melissa Hart. “When I told him I didn’t know, he asked, ‘Well, what’s your SAT score? That’s closely coordinated with your IQ.’ ”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

Here's the answer.  I am sure it won't be the last of these cases we hear about either.   

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-woman-rural-texas-unable-obtain-id-needed/story?id=80395815

Black woman in rural Texas struggles with process to vote, advocates say system is unfair

The lady who Cruz was attacking is in this article.  She should have told this story.

* DPS in neither Leon or Madison County has ever issued an Election ID card.  Even if they tried, due to Covid now they can't walk in, but must make an appointment.  The next availables for those counties are in 6 to 8 weeks.   And most likely they won't have everything they need and have to make this trip several times, each time having to make a new appt.   While on the surface it all seems legit and above board, but it underneath it just throws up more and more frustrating roadblocks to voting, which in turn makes people throw their hands up.  

I think Monday was the last day to register for November too. It's just one obstacle after another to enact minority rule.

Would somebody tell Senator Cruz he can come out from under his Senate desk.  The mass shooting today was aimed at bullies, but it was in Texas...not D.C.

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

One classmate recalls the time she gave Cruz a ride from New York to Cambridge. “We hadn’t left Manhattan before he asked my IQ,” said the classmate, Melissa Hart. “When I told him I didn’t know, he asked, ‘Well, what’s your SAT score? That’s closely coordinated with your IQ.’ ”

The next day, the term "ghosting" entered the lexicon and grew in popularity every year after until pretty much everyone knew what to do when encountering Ted Cruz.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

As somebody who went through the ordeal of helping my daughter get her learner's permit in advance of her regular DL, it's a fucking PITA to visit a DMV in COVID times. I wound up having to driver her down to Waco to get this summer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I think Monday was the last day to register for November too. It's just one obstacle after another to enact minority rule.

She is actually registered to vote, but now either has to show ID she doesn't have or fill out the Reasonable Impediment form to vote in person.   She's been voting in elections for a long time, but now it's more difficult for her.  Imagine that.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

As somebody who went through the ordeal of helping my daughter get her learner's permit in advance of her regular DL, it's a fucking PITA to visit a DMV in COVID times. I wound up having to driver her down to Waco to get this summer.

Yes, I did this too.  It has been a headache, and each office has it's own interpretation of what is acceptable documentation and which isn't.   But I have to say they have been courteous and helpful without bending their own rules.    Just weird and frustrating all around.  Took 3 visits to get it finally done.   I guess a lot of if is driven by those "durn illegals."  And then go through all that and the DPS to SoS data transfer to register to vote is pretty suspect.  Don't trust it.  Go to Register2vote.org to double check your status. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Cruz, yeah, if I ever met him, I might punch him. And he'd crumple like the sorry sack of shit that he is. I may be a woman, but my dad taught me how to throw a punch just in case.

54 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Cruz is like a lot of Republicans. "I WILL FIGHT FOR MY COUNTRY I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MY COUNTRY AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!  ONLY PATRIOTS LIKE ME DESERVE TO LIVE HERE!"

"When 9/11 happened, you were in your 20s (or in Ted's case, he was 31), why didn't you join the military?"

"Oh, well, ummm, I was newly married and ummm...and ummm I just couldn't make it happen!"

"Really?  Because Billy Joe Jackson from Bumfuck, Tennessee had no problem making it happen when he went into the recruiter's office on 9/12 and enlisted, and he barely got out of high school and had a girlfriend and young child, and somehow you, who had no children then, couldn't make it happen."

Cruz was very sincere is his mourning of the school shooting:

"I know all of us are lifting up prayer the students and the teachers and the first responders and the parents," Cruz said during a press conference Wednesday. "There have been far too many of these at far too many schools and so we are grateful for the courage and heroism of the first responders … there’s a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that’ll be a home run, and so that’ll make it a 4-0 ballgame.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Ted is definitely veering into “99 people want to beat your ass” territory

I know some people claim he's brilliant, and he knows how to throw meat to the Trumpkins, but he sure does piss off a lot of people in the GOP that he would need to back him if he tries another White House run.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:06 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
On 10/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, Satchel said:

I thought Biden laid out the debt issue pretty clearly today. Cruz, yeah, if I ever met him, I might punch him. And he'd crumple like the sorry sack of shit that he is. I may be a woman, but my dad taught me how to throw a punch just in case.

• Haha 1