Perfect Casting

Goo Punch

I know what he was going for and what the character required, but he performed it without subtlety or charm. The difference was stark imo. Pinto was simply outclassed by a singular acting moment. That movie was about Abraham's Salieri, and Hulce was little more than a clownish stage prop for Abraham to contrast off as he did everyone else save perhaps Jeffrey Jones, who himself had to make a spectacle without much to work with and mostly accomplishes it. #runonsentence

I doubt I would be disappointed with Hulce's effort had Abraham not raised the bar on the entire movie.

Well, Elizabeth Berridge's tits also raised the bar.

• Like 1

Two pain in the ass type characters Robert Duvall played to perfection were Beatrice attorney Jerry Facher in A Civil Action and writer/ cartoonist Max Mercy in The Natural.

Hard to imagine anyone else giving a better portrayal while halfway endearing themselves to audience, regardless of how shitty their characters were.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Two pain in the ass type characters Robert Duvall played to perfection were Beatrice attorney Jerry Facher in A Civil Action and writer/ cartoonist Max Mercy in The Natural.

Hard to imagine anyone else giving a better portrayal while halfway endearing themselves to audience, regardless of how shitty their characters were.

I'd forgotten about both of those!  The guy has a huge body of work.

19 minutes ago, Bojack said:

image.jpg

Yes for damned sure.

13 minutes ago, Bojack said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9KN11jzp4im4HjYUSFik

Scratching my head a bit on this one. I like Miss Winger, always have, but never thought of her as a role defining actress in anything she's ever done.  The Dallas chick who was chasing Travolta seemed the more perfect role cast.

5 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I'd venture to say none of the lead characters with perhaps the exclusion of Scott Glenn were well cast in that one.

Scott Glenn was perfectly cast.

Travolta as a cowboy type ?  Gimme a break, I was always waiting for him to break into a disco dance number.  Travolta didn't get relevant again till he joined Scientology.

I'd venture to say none of the lead characters with perhaps the exclusion of Scott Glenn were well cast in that one.

Scott Glenn as Alan Shepard and entire cast of The Right Stuff, especially Sam Shepard as Chuck Yeager and Ed Harris as John Glenn.

honorable mention for All-Pro Anthony Munoz as Gonzales.
  • Like 1