The Ringer's 100 best TV episodes since 2000

PilotsError

On 8/4/2018 at 3:50 PM, veritas aequitas said:

Did they include "Crack Baby Athletic Association" of South Park? If they did then I will read the list.

They picked fun with weapons, which was just an okay episode for me. There have been way better South Park episodes since 2000.  I doubt fun with weapons would even crack my top 25.

11 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

If they include an episode of The People vs. OJ Simpson, then it means miniseries are allowed. In which case, where is Band of Brothers?

Guessing they're viewing it as an anthology series, not a miniseries (S2 covered Gianni Versacci). BoB is a straight miniseries.

I listened to a few of them discuss on one of their podcasts. Their rationale was weird (they weren't trying to make an "easy" or "boring" list), and I'd give them the benefit of the doubt had they not been so damn pretentious about it.

Also wouldn't call it "click-baity." It's one continuous article and if nothing else, they put a lot of work into it.

I saw this the other day and can't remember the whole list, but I've seen the majority of the Top 10 and thought that was alright. I don't remember enough about Lost to know if #1 is a decent choice.

#45 and #44 were both my favorite episodes of R&M and The Leftovers so I liked those choices, but they'd both be in my Top 20 personally.

"Click bait" refers to articles that require you to click from one page to the next to get through the article. They exist solely to get someone to click through them and provide little to no insight or worthwhile commentary. Agree or disagree with the list but they didn't just through something out for the sole purpose of driving ad revenue via multiple clicks.

15 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Breaking Bad is the greatest TV show of all time, and Ozymandias is the best episode of the show. How that's not in the top 3 is beyond me. Somehow The OC and Survivor got rated higher. lol...

I assume Survivor is pretty high because it basically started that genre of show that now dominates the TV. 

There are a number of shows in there I have never heard of. I watch very little TV but I did find that strange.

18 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

They picked fun with weapons, which was just an okay episode for me. There have been way better South Park episodes since 2000.  I doubt fun with weapons would even crack my top 25.

So many great SP episodes to pick from.  My favorites off the top of my head:

• Fishsticks
  • Imaginationland
  • Make Love not Warcraft
  • Scott Tenorman Must Die
  • Creme Fraiche
Edited by Chewbacca

22 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I guess you are a Mischa Barton fan? ... or maybe Adam Brody?  nttawwt

Close! Just an HBO fan. I got 2 shows ahead of Breaking Bad on my list, and we both know what they are, but I don't think Breaking Bad necessarily challenges either seriously for a Top 2 spot. IMNSHO.

9 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Close! Just an HBO fan. I got 2 shows ahead of Breaking Bad on my list, and we both know what they are, but I don't think Breaking Bad necessarily challenges either seriously for a Top 2 spot. IMNSHO.

Game of Thrones is the obvious one, and I won't fault anyone for that, but what's #2? Sex and the City? I guess that would make sense if you love the OC.

12 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Game of Thrones is the obvious one, and I won't fault anyone for that, but what's #2? Sex and the City? I guess that would make sense if you love the OC.

The Sopranos and The Wire. GoT fell off my Top 5 after this last fan ball-fondling (fan service) season.