W Anderson Lane

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Anybody know when the new Tatsu-ya place is opening on Burnet next to the TacoDeli?   It seems like it has been rumored for almost a year, but I have not heard anything about an opening date.  

I know this is a thread about Anderson, but its the same general area. 

Still under construction. They've had permitting delays IIRC.

17 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Went to High Five last night. Food was good but it’ll last maybe 6 months. It doesn’t know if it wants to be a cool hangout for adults on a night out or be family friendly. As a result, it’s neither.

Driving by last Saturday night it looked like the parking lot was packed. Might've been some Cover 3 crowd though. How different is it from the Goodnight inside?

On 1/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, D_Goose said:

Driving by last Saturday night it looked like the parking lot was packed. Might've been some Cover 3 crowd though. How different is it from the Goodnight inside?

It's probably Cover 3 parking. Friday night, there was about 15 people at High 5 at 8pm.  Cover 3 is usually packed FRI & SAT night.  I never actually went to the Goodnight but I don't imagine it being really fucking bright. It was so loud from all the games, it reminded me of Gattiland. It's a shame since the food was solid and the beer selection was decent.

9 minutes ago, 3adays said:

If High 5 doesn’t shift their main focus to family friendly it will fail. There’s too much competition in the Domain for it to make it as an adults only place.  Same thing that killed the Goodnight. 

Let’s be honest, it’s going to fail. 

The big problem with High Five is most adults don't want to play carnival games under 100 watt bulbs. The games aren't kid sized either so it doesn't work for young kids at all. I don't know who the fuck the clientele is supposed to be.  The games are expensive too. You have to load a card and pay with points. I have no idea how many points it costs to play a game but my kids played maybe 10 games and they blew through $40 in 30 minutes.

Edited by CooterBrown

• 3 weeks later...

Ate at Noon for the first time. Mediterranean fast casual next to Hopdoddy. Although they said they are changing the name to Daphne’s. I thought it was pretty good. I will pretty like any kind of rice bowl with meat in it. The falafel was good too. I hope they don’t go under because I could see this being a decent option in the my rotation. 

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ate at Noon for the first time. Mediterranean fast casual next to Hopdoddy. Although they said they are changing the name to Daphne’s. I thought it was pretty good. I will pretty like any kind of rice bowl with meat in it. The falafel was good too. I hope they don’t go under because I could see this being a decent option in the my rotation. 

Not sure how many name changes they can withstand but I agree that the food is pretty good. Should have just stuck with verts.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Neonmoon said:

Noon is trash.  Remember when they were Verts Kebap? 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:31 AM, jimmyjazz said:

How many Goodwills does North Austin need?  There's a giant store on 183 just east of Burnet, a "boutique" on Far West, and now Anderson Lane?

If the demand is there, so be it.  Seems like overkill.

Is the one on Parmer near metric closed?  Austin’s got lots of shit

On 2/23/2019 at 12:31 AM, jimmyjazz said:

How many Goodwills does North Austin need?  There's a giant store on 183 just east of Burnet, a "boutique" on Far West, and now Anderson Lane?

If the demand is there, so be it.  Seems like overkill.

Don’t forgot the one on Burnet by Bassett Furniture. I’m guessing they relocate it into the new Anderson Lane one? Who knows

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 11:07 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Apparently it's already open, but doesn't have a website.  I'm gonna pass.

i popped in when i was picking something up from the walgreens next door, i think this was the night the NCAA tourney started.  there was sort of a one man band guy playing, it was loud, and it reeked of pot.  we had dinner plans somewhere else so we were not going to eat there anyway - just wanted to check out the inside and the menu (since there isn't or wasn't at theat time one online) ....but, i think someone else is going to have to be the guinea pig on this one.  

also, who is going to report on the new chinese place that opened up where the hot pot place was for about 6 months, next to Cover 3?  /looks around room 

22 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

i popped in when i was picking something up from the walgreens next door, i think this was the night the NCAA tourney started.  there was sort of a one man band guy playing, it was loud, and it reeked of pot.  we had dinner plans somewhere else so we were not going to eat there anyway - just wanted to check out the inside and the menu (since there isn't or wasn't at theat time one online) ....but, i think someone else is going to have to be the guinea pig on this one.  

also, who is going to report on the new chinese place that opened up where the hot pot place was for about 6 months, next to Cover 3?  /looks around room 

No one wants Chinese food that bad. I’m not falling on that grenade. 

20 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

No one wants Chinese food that bad. I’m not falling on that grenade. 

I fell on that grenade. Went there about two weeks ago.

It's very okay. It has the normal broccoli and beef & kung pao chicken type dishes on the menu plus a few spicier dishes, like spicy fish. The american chinese dishes were okay and the few other spicier dishes were slightly above average. The meal was nothing memorable. 

If someplace close is the number one priority, it'll do. I'd rather drive the extra 10 minutes to Rice Bowl Cafe.