Hot Deals Thread

29 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I mean...why? Did you just really want to be the OP of a long-running thread?

No.  This was one of my favorite threads and I wanted to make sure it made its way over to the new site.  I'm happy for rage, or anyone else to start a new thread on the subject.

You can eat a dick, however.

On 3/31/2018 at 4:52 PM, Godzillatron said:

Free season subscription to MLB.tv for T-Mobile customers.  Sign up by Monday on T-Mobile's site or using the T-Mobile Tuesday app.

This has been awesome...Tmobile has been great for service, price, and perks. But, the store and customer service reps have largely been idiots.

Edited by pacman

16 hours ago, pacman said:

This has been awesome...Tmobile has been great for service, price, and perks. But, the store and customer service reps have largely been idiots.

You often get the best service online or on the phone, but I've always had pretty good service at the brick and mortar at US 183 and Braker. 

Lesson Learned: When your wife volunteers to handle the cell phone move, because you have one hour total of free time on the weekend, politely (tone!) decline and send her to the nail salon.

Apparently moving cell phone companies is like buying a car. If you let your wife handle it, you will end up buying every BS option/accessory the slick salesman can convince your wife is "free".

Edited by pacman

18 minutes ago, pacman said:

Lesson Learned: When your wife volunteers to handle the cell phone move, because you have one hour total of free time on the weekend, politely (tone!) decline and send her to the nail salon.

Apparently moving cell phone companies is like buying a car. If you let your wife handle it, you will end up buying every BS option/accessory the slick salesman can convince your wife is "free".

There's a forum for that...

Amazon Treasure Truck:  Ring Spotlight Cam Battery HD Security Camera with Built Two-Way Talk and a Siren Alarm, White, Works with Alexa     

30% off

Reg $199 - today $139 + tax                                                                                                                   

If you have Spotify Premium, you can get Hulu for 3 months for $0.99 and then after that it's $12.99 total per month for both (normally would be 9.99 for Spotify and 7.99 for Hulu). Offer expires May 10th, but read it would get rolled out this summer so you could sign up if you don't already have Spotify 

https://www.spotify.com/us/hulu/premium-intro/

• 4 weeks later...

Please school me on some ebay coupon-

Something I wanna buy is $500 at a local b&m place that has them listed on their ebay store. Who takes the haircut?

Even without the coupon, if priced the same in store and ebay, couldn't I get b&m to cut a discount to save their ebay fees. Good guys though, so I really don't want to screw them, I guess.

I think on these ebay sitewide ones ebay eats it not the sellers. They will still be out the fees to ebay and paypal though, but still you're better buying today with 20% off. $500 item you pay $400. They lose probably 6% or more on fees and on the full $500 so $30, but they not going to sell it to you local for $400.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cross posted to the food thread. For all my north Houston brothers, just heard from a buddy that the Kamado Joe roadshow is back at the Costco in The Woodlands this weekend. Great deals on grills and lump. Good timing for me. I’m just running out of all the lump I stocked up on at the roadshow last year. 

• Like 1