Worst Casting

Parliament

1 hour ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Same accent as Robin Hood, Elliot Ness, and Tin Cup... impressive! 

I do have to admit to Costner's Robin Hood being a guilty pleasures of mine, though. I'll watch it almost any time it's on. 

I'm a sucker for Costner and also will admit this movie is a guilty pleasure.  BUT if you want to hear a true butchering of an accent check out his work in Thirteen Days (another movie I love despite some of the liberties it takes with history and well.... the worst Boston accent of all time)

34 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm a sucker for Costner and also will admit this movie is a guilty pleasure.  BUT if you want to hear a true butchering of an accent check out his work in Thirteen Days (another movie I love despite some of the liberties it takes with history and well.... the worst Boston accent of all time)

I didn't remember that Costner was even in that.  It is a pretty entertaining flick.  Surprised that whole deal hasn't been mined more for film.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm a sucker for Costner

I am, too. He’s been in a lot of pure crap, but also has starred in two of the best sports movies ever (Bull Durham and Field of Dreams), the greatest Texas movie of all time (Fandango), an underrated D.C. thriller (No Way Out), and a fantastic but admittedly self-indulgent Western epic (Dances With Wolves). Shit, I even loved that sappy as fuck For The Love Of The Game.

I’ll always give him a pass for Robin Hood.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Love that movie.