Worst Casting

Parliament

7 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Thanks for the correction, but who is Glen, was he a factor in the film either being pursued, or in fact shelved..?

Glen is H.I.'s boss in Raising Arizona.

Did you know that the guy who played Unpainted Arizona/Huffines ("I don't know, Yodas and shit!") was slated to play the Albert Finney character in Miller's Crossing?

10 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Did you know that the guy who played Unpainted Arizona/Huffines ("I don't know, Yodas and shit!") was slated to play the Albert Finney character in Miller's Crossing?

No, but I appreciate your knowledge that you are parlaying in my favor, as it will be useful in movie trivia at work..! 😊

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

How about Samuel L Jackson in whatever shitty Star Wars movie he was in. Gotdamn he didnt fit in that movie

Did you know that Tupac Shakur was slated to play the role Sam Jackson had, before his death in Las Vegas..?

#TrueBroStory...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

That guy (unpainted Arizona) is a great character actor.  Got the Federal-B-I on it.....

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, South Austin said:

I am, too. He’s been in a lot of pure crap, but also has starred in two of the best sports movies ever (Bull Durham and Field of Dreams), the greatest Texas movie of all time (Fandango), an underrated D.C. thriller (No Way Out), and a fantastic but admittedly self-indulgent Western epic (Dances With Wolves). Shit, I even loved that sappy as fuck For The Love Of The Game.

I’ll always give him a pass for Robin Hood.

I'd say For the Love of the Game is also a great sports movie.

10 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

He’s fine in The Nice Guys, the Departed, and a few other things.

He’s made for his role in The Departed. Having him as Texans in Lone Survivor and Shooter is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, BadgerHorn said:

Rawls as the Borgia Pope

Borgia-le-retour-Pape-et-intrigues-au-Va

Since you brought up the Wire, my vote for shittiest casting goes to this ol' college cut havin' ass bitch. Every scene with her and Daniels I'd swear he was talking to his mom.

latest?cb=20120819220047

Edited by threesheets
  • Like 7

Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus. 
I could watch Gladiator forever but fast forward every scene Joaquin is in and not care

or maybe he played the villain so well I hated him.  I’m not sure. 

Maybe the greatest villain in cinema history, earning him an oscar nom. Weak, childish-dude kills his father and wants to sleep with his sister. Threatens her son, a possible heir to the throne. He stabs people in the back and has hissy fits. Disables Maximus in their duel by stabbing him in the liver.

This is a perfect villain with almost no redeemable qualities, even according to his father. Joaquin plays this evil bitch perfectly.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Paul Giamatti in Saving Private Ryan

See I thought he was great. It showed they were all just a bunch of regular guys thrown into war, doing impossible things.  He's the last guy you'd think of as the war type.  But everyone sees actors thru their own lens'

• Like 2