The Spy Who Dumped Me

ajax

I got dragged to this movie by the wife. It was okay, but I want to know how Kate McKinnon has a career. She is horrible.

The movie itself was okay. The script kind of sucked but the action scenes were surprisingly well staged and there were parts of it that were kind of light-chuckle inducing. Mila Kunis was fine but Kate McKinnon was insufferable.

You know how some people complain about Melissa McCarthy. Melissa McCarthy is actually really funny and very talented. They think she only plays an over-the-top obnoxius fat woman. But when you see McCarthy  in movies you see that she has a lot of range and the caricature is just one aspect of a multi-faceted portrayal.

But, what people mistakenly think about Melissa McCarthy is actually true about Kate McKinnon. 100%. McKinnon has no subtlety, no comedic timing, She can't act and pretty much has no talent. She sucks. Mila Kunis has far far far far better comedic instincts than Kate McKinnon. Kate McKinnon's most likeable character is Hillary Clinton. Think about that for a moment.

Okay. Rant over. I suffered and I had to get it out of my system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajax said:

I got dragged to this movie by the wife. It was okay, but I want to know how Kate McKinnon has a career. She is horrible.

The movie itself was okay. The script kind of sucked but the action scenes were surprisingly well staged and there were parts of it that were kind of light-chuckle inducing. Mila Kunis was fine but Kate McKinnon was insufferable.

You know how some people complain about Melissa McCarthy. Melissa McCarthy is actually really funny and very talented. They think she only plays an over-the-top obnoxius fat woman. But when you see McCarthy  in movies you see that she has a lot of range and the caricature is just one aspect of a multi-faceted portrayal.

But, what people mistakenly think about Melissa McCarthy is actually true about Kate McKinnon. 100%. McKinnon has no subtlety, no comedic timing, She can't act and pretty much has no talent. She sucks. Mila Kunis has far far far far better comedic instincts than Kate McKinnon. Kate McKinnon's most likeable character is Hillary Clinton. Think about that for a moment.

Okay. Rant over. I suffered and I had to get it out of my system.

You are WAAAAAAAAYYYYY off with this one.

I got dragged to this too.  Films like this are why I don't go to the movies.  I can't imagine how a group of adults, especially ones with some sort of talent and / or lots of money, can watch this film being made and maybe sit through the last cut and say, "yeah, that's good".  They should all be ashamed.  

I can't form an opinion about Kate McKinnon based on this film.  She is funny on SNL and she may be funny in a funny movie.   

16 hours ago, ajax said:

But, what people mistakenly think about Melissa McCarthy is actually true about Kate McKinnon.

all true.  

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This is why you wait for them to come out on Netflix and stop watching half way thru.

Yeah, My wife knows we aint spending money on that type of movie.   I will download it when it gets to torrents or watch on Netflix if she wants to watch it but movies cost too fucking much and our time is too limited to spend either on stuff like this.