Do you support Trump's sanctions on Iran?

Orca of Peace

here is  your chance to condemn yet another Trump policy. The sanctions are causing quite a lot of suffering on the Iranian people while the regime leaders are barely touched. I personally don't support sanctions in a general sense because of the inhumanity and ineffectiveness.  What says Surly? I am sure no one will oppose Trump on this. 

I really like Persian rugs but they will be prohibited. 

A few articles as background:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/02/trump-iran-sanctions-689933

Hook said an initial round of U.S. sanctions against Iran would come back into effect on Aug. 4, targeting the Iranian automotive sector as well as trade in gold and other key metals. On Nov. 4, further sanctions will snap back, including those hammering Iran’s energy sector and the Iranian central bank.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/08/here-are-iran-sanctions-returning-after-trump-leaves-nuclear-deal.html

The deal between Iran and a handful of world powers, brokered in 2015 during the Obama administration, lifted a bevy of sanctions and embargoes on Iran in exchange for the country significantly shrinking the scope of its nuclear capabilities. Iran also gave international inspectors access to its facilities as part of the deal.

The memo Trump signed on Tuesday triggers a 180-day countdown timer for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to re-impose all of the sanctions on Iran that were relaxed under the deal.

After passing a 90-day mark on Aug. 6, the following sanctions will snap back on Iran, according to the Treasury Department:

• Sanctions on Iran buying or acquiring U.S. dollars
  • Sanctions on Iran trading gold and other precious metals
  • Sanctions on Iran's sale, supply or trade of metals such as aluminum and steel, as well as graphite, coal and certain software for "integrating industrial processes"
  • Sanctions on "significant" sales or purchases of Iranian rials, or the maintenance of significant funds or accounts outside the country using Iranian rials
  • Sanctions on issuing Iranian debt
  • Iranian auto sanctions

The U.S. will also revoke certain permissions, granted to Iran under the deal, on Aug. 6. These include halting Iran's ability to export its carpets and foods into the U.S., as well as ending certain licensing-related transactions.

At the end of the 180-day interval on Nov. 4, another set of sanctions will once again be clamped down on Iran:

• Sanctions on Iran's ports, as well as the country's shipping and shipping sectors
  • Sanctions on buying petroleum and petrochemical products with a number of Iranian oil companies
  • Sanctions on foreign financial institutions transacting with the Central Bank of Iran and other Iranian financial institutions
  • Sanctions on the provision of certain financial messaging services to Iran's central bank and other Iranian financial institutions
  • Sanctions on the provision of underwriting services, insurance, or reinsurance
  • Sanctions on Iran's energy sector

The following day, on Nov. 5, the Trump administration will disallow U.S.-owned foreign entities from being allowed to engage in certain transactions with Iran. Sanctions on certain Iranian individuals will also be re-imposed on Nov. 5.

24 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I do. Sanctions suck for those not in the 1%. But left unfettered, the 1% will be even more assholish.

IMHO, the regular peoples blame their leaders, not America for the hardship. Usually

i believe you are a conservative/Trumper so that's fine, your opinion matches your profile. 

When there is social turmoil, the bottom 99% are suffering, the 1% become even more dictatorial as social unrest grows. They become more assholish with sanctions. I think we will see the Iranian regime become even more brutal in the next 12 months, more hangings, more imprisonment, more police shooting people in the streets. 

• 1 year later...

His Orca of Peace profile was crowd source banned.  He continued to post as Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and various socks that would all follow the same pattern of initially acting like a moderate/ left poster only to suddenly post something horribly racist.  I assume he did this to paint leftists as the real racists or some shit.  I think he was FC Horn.