Pro Wrestling

Lone Star Horn

Rumble was awesome in person. We had terrible seats (3rd row behind visitor dugout - too low and obstructed by the lighting structure), but it was serendipitous when the Reigns-Corbin finish happened directly in front of us. 

Edge pop was unbelievable. Moment of the night by far.

Closing of RAW last night w Edge and Orton was some of the best stuff they've done in years. I was captivated. Super excited to see where they go from here. It's awesome having Edge back.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

if you are a fan of early 80's territory era rasslin, this video is amazing. No announcers, just sound from the arena...I can smell popcorn and cheap beer when I watch this. Don't know where this came from but it's cool as hell. And the Jim Cornette promo at the very end is awesome 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Scraps said:

4 life0b33900c08cdfb8f2bf8cad9c508938f.jpg

Man when mania was in NO a few years back I thought about signing up for their party at a bar and for vip you could get unlimited drinks till 4am and drink with them upstairs.   Well Nash (not Hall) and a few others wrestlers atleast, Nash would be fun to drink with.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, Jive Turkey said:

RIP.  I saw him wrestle Hulk Hogan in Miami in the mid 1980's.  What was great about that match was a fight broke out in the crowd in the first few rows and Hogan and Orndoff stopped wrestling and leaned on the ropes and watched the fight in the crowd for a good 20 seconds.  You could see them talking to each other and kind of smiling at each other while they watched two yahoos go at it in the crowd.  

Took 5yr old Fud Jr to show last night and it was a blast. I don’t keep up with anything at all but he sure does. We were up on the side where the Wrestlers were entering and the fireworks made us both shit our pants the first time. As the night went on I was fine but those and the fire were bothering him to the point he was shaking when they’d pop off so we bolted before the last match.

Overall it was awesome I just know next time to bring him some ear plugs if we’re down there. 9da27381151ddf38aa56a3a916d4a9b9.jpg
66c510fce5903800baa8025a36296de1.jpg
6c8f5bcddaf99b38689b73a9f0d798a8.jpg

• Like 2

Yep, was a super fun time, except I had some drunk crazy bitch with her cameltoe out (in the words of AJ's theme - you don't want none) who then passed out during Edge/Roman and then puked on her dude in her sleep and then he peaced out and left her literally sleeping there. We moved just in case of additional pukage, I would have to go berserker mode if I got spewed on.

It's super shocking how loud the pyro is, when I first took my girls, they hated "the booms", then they went without pyro for a while. It is loud AF, and the fire is hot. Sorry your little man got shook and the ear plugs next time will help a ton!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Oh man. That would have ruined my night.

Side note, how does one get mania tickets without crazy secondary mark up? Went with a buddy the last trip to Arlington and bought off the hub of stubs.

Face is also expensive, with big TicketMaster fees too. I bought direct last time and paid $300 or so for 3rd level club seats straight on to the ring. The top level is pretty cheap, but you're there to soak in atmosphere and watch the screen at that point. I bought a few sets and flipped a few for a small profit to help offset, but that's a pain in the ass, esp with digital tickets and not a friendly selling environment in Arlington.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:36 AM, closetohumping said:

Anybody watch NXT?  Damn shame what they've done to the Undisputed Era.

NXT is being gutted along with the main roster for financial reasons. Speculation is they may be getting ready to sell. Plus AEW curb stomped NXT over the last year. The release of Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman was strictly for cost cutting. Watching Wyatt go to AEW or another promotion where he can truly create like he wants to will be very interesting.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 10:54 PM, Vertigo said:

NXT is being gutted along with the main roster for financial reasons. Speculation is they may be getting ready to sell. Plus AEW curb stomped NXT over the last year. The release of Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman was strictly for cost cutting. Watching Wyatt go to AEW or another promotion where he can truly create like he wants to will be very interesting.

No way Vince will ever sell, hell he won’t even retire until he can’t walk anymore.  Once he gets out of the way the product will be better.  AEW and Smackdown are the only thing I check in on here and there now days.  AEW is pretty damn entertaining but they have to get better at story telling and Pat McAfee is awesome on Smackdown.  

Edited by Hook1997

On 8/10/2021 at 10:54 PM, Vertigo said:

Wonder if AEW would bring him in to replace Huber as the leader of the Dark Order. It had more edge when Huber was in charge as compared to it being a comedic group now.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:00 PM, hpslugga said:

Thought the bump would be concerning a different matter, but for those not in the know, Bobby Eaton passed away last week. His 63rd birthday would have been this coming Saturday.

Don't know how I missed that but damn that sucks. The Jim Cornette Experience addressing it is a tough listen. Jim adored that guy probably more than anyone else on the planet and was really torn up

9 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Don't know how I missed that but damn that sucks. The Jim Cornette Experience addressing it is a tough listen. Jim adored that guy probably more than anyone else on the planet and was really torn up

Yeah that really was hard to hear. For those who didn’t,

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

The AEW ppv last night was one of the best pro wrestling shows Ive watched in a long, long time. Lots of familiar faces (Miro/Rusev, Mox/Ambrose, Paul Wight, Jericho, Christian) Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros in the cage was fucking epic. Punk was in decent shape, and he and Darby Allen told a good story. Plus its fucking CM Punk. And then best of all BRYAN FUCKING DANIELSON.

WWE may as well hang it up at this point

• Like 1

I was kinda shocked to see Adam Cole as well. AEW is loaded now, going to be interesting to see how they juggle future storylines. I do enjoy their brand of story telling with less big guys possessing 4-5 move sets.

Vince needs to retire, his vision of big guys is antiquated. Their last PPV was a joke, they have to bring back Goldberg and Cena because their current champions are just awful in ring performers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 2:59 PM, Scraps said:

I posted this in the arky thread, but I went to that shitshow this weekend and prior we went up to St Louis. On the way we stopped in Marion Ark to eat at Tackers Shake Shake....was there about 5 mins and in walked in Jerry The King Lawler

0c660f0aac876157220476cdbed1a0b4.jpg

Lol did you talk to him at all?