Mentally challenged 18 year old tosses 8 year old off of water park ride

Shmitty

That's enraging.  It sounds like the real fault lies with the 18 year old's aide who either let him get in the water slide line by himself or let him throw an 8 year old boy over the railing while being in line with him.  I hope its the former rather than the latter, but either way, the aide should be held responsible.

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

it probably took him 5 seconds to do the tossing.  he saved himself 30 seconds in line.  in my estimation, that's a pretty good return on investment.  regarded kid is a genius.

That 30 seconds may cause him about 630mm seconds 

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

a typical 8 year old kid is what... 90 pounds?  mentally-challenged strength must be a real phenomenon.

I wasn't a late bloomer by any means but I really didn't start getting my "grown man" strength till I was 18, then packing on muscle mass was naturally easy. 

17 minutes ago, Brew said:

So are you saying the charges may get tossed?

I expect the defense to claim this kid is just a fall guy and ask that the charges be dropped.  But it really depends on the jury pool and whether the DA is looking to make a big splash.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Isn't everyone at a waterpark mentally challenged?

http://ew.com/article/2016/09/16/good-place-point-system-afterlife-ted-danson-kristen-bell/

The good place point system was hilarious

Many of the actions displayed are simple human courtesies (someone who held the door 4,090 times for the person behind them earned 8815.23 points), some tap into zeitgeist issues (telling a woman to smile docked someone 53.83 points), and others are just… eccentric (“Fail to disclose camel illness while selling camel” saddles you with -22.22 points.) “It’s all twos, which is just another weird thing about it,” says Schur, deeming this example his favorite of the bunch. “That really makes me laugh every time I see it.” A few oddly specific ones have even been culled from real-life events experienced by Schur and his writers. Take, for example, “Maintained composure waiting in line at water park in Houston: +61.14.” “That is a real event from my life when I was 13,” says Schur. “I used to spend the summers in Houston. We saw an ad for a new ride at AstroWorld, which is some sort of stupid rollercoaster thing, and I was like, ‘I want to do that.’ And my Uncle Jeff, who’s a wonderful man, took me to AstroWorld, and the ride had just opened, it was probably early August. Houston in August is a bad combo. And we waited in this line to get on that ride for two hours, and it was fine with me because I was like, ‘This is going to be the most amazing thing ever!’ The ride was probably 53 seconds long, and then it was over, and I was like, “That was great!” And he was like, ‘Yep. That was great.’ Now having kids of my own and having been to many hot amusement parks, I cannot believe that he maintained his composure in that line for two hours.”