Music venue questions

Jerry Callo

I know many of you go to concerts or see live music all the time.   I have some questions about a concert tonight, but thought it might be worth starting a thread were the live music pros could answer questions about specific venues.

The wife (no pics) and I are going to ACL Live this evening for a show.  Never been to this venue.  Any insider tips on best parking - I'd rather walk a little ways and be able to get out quickly as opposed to being in a parking garage right across the street which takes an hour to get out of at the end of the concert.  Also, has anyone gone to Lambert's before a show.  Thinking about getting down there around 6-6:15 and trying to get a place at the bar.  TIA  

park at city hall or the state garage at 4th and guadalupe. use the side stairwell exits after the show instead of exiting through the main entrance. don't record songs on your phone during the concert like a dumbass. 

14 minutes ago, stc said:

park at city hall or the state garage at 4th and guadalupe. use the side stairwell exits after the show instead of exiting through the main entrance. don't record songs on your phone during the concert like a dumbass. 

Seconded on the 4th and guadalupe state garage.  It may cost about $10, but I've never had any issues getting out after the show.

I've only been to Lamberts for brunch so not sure how busy it will be on a Tuesday.  They have plenty of bars at ACL Live as well and the decks are a pretty nice spot to hang out. 

6 hours ago, stc said:

Side stairwell exits are amazing...not always obvious but they will make you happy when you find them.

Lambert's is awful. Go anyplace else you can.

4 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Why would anyone drive downtown instead of Ubering?  Especially if you're going to be drinking.

With the suggestions above, I paid $10 to park and got out without any issues.  I wasn't drinking.  Ubering from my house would have cost too much with little to no benefit to me.

4 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

how was the show?

Wasn't bad for what it was.  High energy, played all but five older songs, etc.  Wife was happy and I'm glad the tickets didn't cost more than $50. 

The opening act was ridiculous - the most bizarre musical acts I've ever seen.  Reed and Caroline.

Yeah on the nostalgia acts, never show up for the opener unless it’s another nostalgia act, or you’ve heard of them before. If one of those conditions isn’t met, they will be super shitty, either because the main act wants it to be easy to outperform the opener, or they are super music nerds after being in the business for 30 years and think they are being cool by showing you the latest experimental bullshit they are into. Either way, expect lameness.