Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

3 hours ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

I'm being asked to invest in a bit coin mining operation from a trusted friend/group-- is this a good bet these days? Or is the shark jumped?

The returns will most likely get lower each month as new hardware comes out that can mine faster. To keep up, you have to keep buying better equipment. 

The one exception to above is if bitcoin prices grow at the same level.

I'm back! I know y'all missed me. lul. OK, I went into full tether in my trading acct (not my ledger hidden in a top secret location) at 65K when BTC couldn't keep previous ATH. Then I went 75% back in 48 hrs ago. Portfolio on Kucoin up 15% in 2 days. We broke the downtrend as you can see and if we can break 63K WATCH OUT! 

Coins I bought in last 2 days and BTC chart with key level we must break before takeoff.

XBTUSD_2021-11-25_11-46-23.png

Capture.JPG

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach

I also watch this crypto fear greed index as a macro indicator. We were for a few mos way into greed. We needed to get to fear although I would like this even lower. This is normally a good sign of when to get into the market. 

https://alternative.me/crypto/fear-and-greed-index/

Capture.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like all financial markets went risk off in response to new Covid variant news. 

if governments are dumb enough to go back to lockdowns just remember more lockdowns=more stimulus=bullish for bitcoin/crypto. The more they try to centralize control and wealth the more there will be demand for decentralized money/systems. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

22 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Anyone have any good ways of tracking their trading history for tax purposes across multiple exchanges?

yo why do we even need to manually declare taxes if all transaction history are encoded on the blockchain

Edited by 52-80

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

What does this mean?

Some of the use cases may not pan out as necessary but theyre creating processes where someone has to validate that they own an NFT before an action (unlock house/car door.) Pretty cool. Electronic event tickets are effectively NFTs today that just haven't been tokenized yet. But they will be in the future. An app will be used in the future to verify that you have ownership of a ticket.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/17/2021 at 1:28 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My Wonderland Time staking coin is up about 13% since I bought the other day. Between that and the 80,000% annual staking bonus, what can go wrong.  lol.

Doing this with Wagmi on Euphoria. We'll see how long it lasts but I'm 2x with the price bump and staking after a week lol. Still really early but the team behind it is solid and have a great rep in the One network.

9 hours ago, AngryDragon said:

Doing this with Wagmi on Euphoria. We'll see how long it lasts but I'm 2x with the price bump and staking after a week lol. Still really early but the team behind it is solid and have a great rep in the One network.

I’m treating this as a game with olympus and wonderland. I’m ~2 weeks in. The token growth is going as expected but there have been wide swings in the prices. From a USD perspective I’m definitely up but not much yet.

there definitely is a pyramid element that you need new money to provide liquidity when you eventually want to sell. Your defense against it is that there is neither a lockup of your money nor a penalty to withdrawal.

I’ve watched videos of people going for a (9,9) strategy by leveraging their tokens by borrowing against them. If it works, you can really take in profits but I don’t want to put in that level of effort. 

Was looking at 1 year charts and ETH is up 655% vs BTC up 193%. ETH now has a market cap 2/3 that of BTC.

Does the narrative on BTC change at all if it gets surpassed by ETH? Would companies like microstrategy feel compelled to switch from ETH to BTC if this trend continues for another year? Does it impact mining operations? 

Prices in the crypto market can change quickly, but I wasn't aware of how significant the narrowing has become. I also know dick about crypto in general, I just keep holding. But my ETH holdings are now larger than BTC by about 30% and growing. Was kind of surprising. 

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

... ETH now has a market cap 2/3 that of BTC. Does the narrative on BTC change at all if it gets surpassed by ETH? ...

Gas fees on ETH are still too high.

spacer.png

As such, some competing solutions may yet overtake ETH unless ETH2 becomes reality and solves the problems.  Cardano looked to have been ETH's biggest competition, but it looks like Solana has recently taken that mantle.  I've been reading where some projects that were using or being developed for the Etherium network are moving to Solana for technical reasons (lower gas fees, faster transactions, etc.).  Don't get me wrong, ETH still has a lot of momentum behind it and it may yet secure the Throne, but as of this moment, it's not there yet.

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Are you surprised by the volatility?

That volatility will prevent crypto from ever being mainstream. It’s fine for that part of a portfolio earmarked for extreme speculation but the % of funds allocated to that class of investment is usually single digits and often non existent. 

Edited by TonyTexas

I had read a day or two ago a report indicating that huge amount of crypto was moving on exchange.  I saw a report today indicating that selling forced a cascade of leveraged positions to liquidate.

It occurs to me that whales might be sophisticated enough to watch market leverage and play dominos.  Sell a huge stake, trigger margin calls/cascading leverage unwinds (tanking the markets) and then buy the dips (recover the stake plus more).

12 minutes ago, 4thgenhorn said:

Anyone buying the dip yet on ETH?  I wouldn’t mind picking up some, but how far sub $4k?

Depends on your time frame.  As someone who has done this going back to 2017, in general, if you want it and you see a 10-20% dip, buy. Maybe you can get a lower price and if you do, buy more.  Time in the market beats timing the market, unless you are in the 1% that successfully and consistently can time.  It's definitely not me 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I had read a day or two ago a report indicating that huge amount of crypto was moving on exchange.  I saw a report today indicating that selling forced a cascade of leveraged positions to liquidate.
It occurs to me that whales might be sophisticated enough to watch market leverage and play dominos.  Sell a huge stake, trigger margin calls/cascading leverage unwinds (tanking the markets) and then buy the dips (recover the stake plus more).
Ya think?

Watched it happen too many times now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Could you explain what this means?

It broke the uptrend it has been on for 6 months with heavy volume, has bounced nicely, but still below trendline for now. This typically means more downside possible, this is usually beginning, but also this is typically bullish seasonality time for crypto. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 8.36.47 PM.png

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I saw something today that said bitcoin uses more energy than all the renewable energy available.  

I already thought it was stupid.  Now I think it's a bad thing for the planet.

Nobody is surprised that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Or you could provide a link. 

• Haha 3