Hard Knocks -- 2018 Cleveland Browns -- The Search for One Win

Patrick Bateman

On 8/8/2018 at 7:53 AM, Scraps said:

Landry is a beast, but enough with the "Bless them" shit already.

I see all the Gregg Williams hate, and I get it, but he brought the lulz.  Especially the closing lines about the lozenge 

Gregg Williams is hilarious.  The guy just spits gold.  Hue is, indeed, an awful HC - he ain't lasting long.  Baker is still a cockmunch.  That is all

The Browns are a shit show on coaching.  It is going to be a disaster.  Also Jarvis Landry is a fucking baller on the field.  Holy Shit on his highlight reel.  And Fuck Mayfield again.  Had to laugh at his first snap being a fumble.  Reminded one of his Tech days.  Fuck him, rooting for his ultimate demise.

I thought the guy that drove the equipment truck was hanging out in Jackson's office but the was offensive line coach! He looks like he wandered in from one of Haslam's truck stops and pulled a Kramer.

offensive-line-coach-bob-wylie-of-the-cl

Guys like Landry and Haley talking about how things there are all fucked up and too soft then Jackson saying he's running shit his way was very telling..your way is 1-31 brah   

Jackson's a joke.  His coaches asking if the injured guys could suit up, instead of just hanging out on the sidelines being a distraction. "Nope! I get it when I was in your chair I thought the same thing, but guess what?  Now I'm in this chair!" 

Haley sitting there like "Dude, I've been in your chair and taken a team to the damn super bowl.  Stop playing scared."  Jackson, "we can't have Duke Johnson injured that's no good for anybody"  Yeah, that's the difference maker, Duke fucking Johnson.  

Don't forget, Jackson's the same brilliant coach who traded a 1st and a 2nd to the Bengals for Carson Palmer and drafted Terrell Pryor as a QB in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft. 

I'd can Jackson after they start 0-5 and let Haley take over. 

On 8/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Jackson's a joke.  His coaches asking if the injured guys could suit up, instead of just hanging out on the sidelines being a distraction. "Nope! I get it when I was in your chair I thought the same thing, but guess what?  Now I'm in this chair!" 

Haley sitting there like "Dude, I've been in your chair and taken a team to the damn super bowl.  Stop playing scared."  Jackson, "we can't have Duke Johnson injured that's no good for anybody"  Yeah, that's the difference maker, Duke fucking Johnson.  

Don't forget, Jackson's the same brilliant coach who traded a 1st and a 2nd to the Bengals for Carson Palmer and drafted Terrell Pryor as a QB in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft. 

I'd can Jackson after they start 0-5 and let Haley take over. 

Yeah, it definitely seems to illustrate why he's likely never going to be a great head coach.

Can't wait to see the episode that has this in it lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24359794/cleveland-browns-kept-antonio-callaway-game-punishment

Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson decided to punish Antonio Callaway for his traffic stop last Sunday by making him play for most of Thursday's preseason opener against the New York Giants.

"I was trying to make him play the whole game if we could," Jackson said of the rookie wide receiver. "I did not want him to come out.

Callaway didn't inform the Browns that he was cited for marijuana possession and a suspended license last week, and Jackson didn't become aware of the incident until the news broke Tuesday. Dashcam video of the stop showed police also found bullets and a gun part in the car.

"That was part of the consequence of what he has been through, and he knows it. That is what it was. Either you sit him or make him play. I thought it was better to make him play," Jackson said Sunday.

"Make him play as long as he could. There were a couple of times he kept waving to come out, and we said, 'No, stay in.'"

The fourth-round pick out of Florida was limited in practice Sunday by a rib injury. Jackson indicated that Callaway likely suffered the injury in Thursday's game.

Antonio Callaway played 54 snaps for the Browns in Thursday's preseason game as punishment for his traffic stop last week. He finished with three catches for 87 yards, including this 54-yard touchdown reception from Baker Mayfield. Vincent Carchietta/USA TODAY Sports

"He tried to fight through [practice]. I am glad that he is out there trying, competing, going and catching. He has to learn that sometimes you have to play with those things a little bit. We will get through it," Jackson said.

Callaway, who was on the field for 54 plays Thursday, finished the game with three receptions for 87 yards and a touchdown on a 54-yard pass from Baker Mayfield. After the game, he told reporters that he was "doing whatever I have to do to gain my coaches' and my teammates' trust back. So that won't happen again.

Jackson said Sunday he was pleased with Callaway's reaction to having to play most of Thursday's game.

"He worked through it. There were times he had his hands -- I am sure you saw it -- he had his hands on his head like this, and he was ready to go to the sideline," Jackson said. "We said, 'Uh-uh, you are back in there.' He fought through it, came out the other side of it and made some plays. That was good."

Finally saw it -- goodness, Hue just screams "not a leader".  They are screwed with him at the helm.  Not one of those players or coaches were buying into his schtick.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:19 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

Carl Nassib should probably not be a financial advisor..... but at least he understands the value of saving, which puts him way ahead of most of these guys.

Unless I read the whiteboard wrong, I don't think he was far off.  I think he was assuming 10% per year for 42 years, which would be 54X and change.  (He probably got 64X from the rule of 72 assuming 10%, rounding down from 7.2 years to 7 years per doubling, which obviously makes a fair difference.  At any rate none of those guys are gonna book 10% per year on their own.)

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Finally saw it -- goodness, Hue just screams "not a leader".  They are screwed with him at the helm.  Not one of those players or coaches were buying into his schtick.

Unless I read the whiteboard wrong, I don't think he was far off.  I think he was assuming 10% per year for 42 years, which would be 54X and change.  (He probably got 64X from the rule of 72 assuming 10%, rounding down from 7.2 years to 7 years per doubling, which obviously makes a fair difference.  At any rate none of those guys are gonna book 10% per year on their own.)

Yeah, 10% guaranteed returns?  Sign me up!

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So.... Hue says Jarvis needs to learn how they do it there.... 1-31 culture is something that should be learned.  smh.

Just in case you need a late August sweeps bump!

I guess Hue won't be satisfied until everyone is as comfortable with losing as he is.

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

i mean we knew callaway was dumb...but didnt know he was that dumb.

Gee I wonder why he keeps doing stupid shit?  Maybe if his coaches didn't pretend to believe him when he tells them his new car came with a used joint it, he would have learned to stop being a dumbfuck by now.

52 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Gee I wonder why he keeps doing stupid shit?  Maybe if his coaches didn't pretend to believe him when he tells them his new car came with a used joint it, he would have learned to stop being a dumbfuck by now.

I thought he said he just got his car back, as in it was shipped up to Cleveland after 5 months sitting idle in Florida, and that it was an old roach.  Not that I believe that either, but that's what I thought he was saying.  

• Like 1

Someone may come along and say the ticket is technically an arrest and release but either way I’d expect a ‘random’ test to be initiated once that hits the press. 

Not sure what can trigger a test based on suspicion of use, if anything, under the Cba

A lot of ‘coach speak’ and cliches surrounding football are total bullshit, but the speech from Jarvis Landry was and always will be 100% correct in football. “Weakness”, which can be defined in many ways as it affects a football team, can often be a matter of team mentality. A strong team attitude can cure a surprising amount of things that are ‘wrong’ with a team. People mock Herman’s “all in” approach/runny eggs for losers stuff, but I have always been amazed at how those kinds of things affect total team mentality, and in turn, performance. Weak leadership leads to soft teams, but teams led by guys like Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins always seem to be made of tougher stuff.

Im a big Landry fan now. Shame on Hue for downplaying that... he should’ve made Landry give that speech to the whole fucking team.

A lot of ‘coach speak’ and cliches surrounding football are total bullshit, but the speech from Jarvis Landry was and always will be 100% correct in football. “Weakness”, which can be defined in many ways as it affects a football team, can often be a matter of team mentality. A strong team attitude can cure a surprising amount of things that are ‘wrong’ with a team. People mock Herman’s “all in” approach/runny eggs for losers stuff, but I have always been amazed at how those kinds of things affect total team mentality, and in turn, performance. Weak leadership leads to soft teams, but teams led by guys like Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins always seem to be made of tougher stuff.
Im a big Landry fan now. Shame on Hue for downplaying that... he should’ve made Landry give that speech to the whole fucking team.
Let hues coaching record speak for itself before you start shaming him!

I love how the players reacted to trading Coleman for a 7th round pick.  They are like, we just gave this guy up for nothing?

That shit is not inspiring.  It just illustrates how inept this team's leadership is.  They spend time trying to coach up Callaway, but trade Coleman?  

Nobody respects Hue.  He lectures them in the huddle about everybody walking around, then when the huddle breaks everyone slowly walks back to their positions.  He's a players coach on a team that lacks discipline, and he's not even a good players coach. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Yeah, 10% guaranteed returns?  Sign me up!

me too!

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, jimmyjazz said:

is there really something that you can put your money in that guarantees 10%? 

1 minute ago, Bogeywon said:

me too!

is there really something that you can put your money in that guarantees 10%? 

No.  In my mind, the closest one gets to a "guarantee" is the risk-free rate, which is often taken as the 3-month T-bill.  Even then, there is some risk.  And it's a shitty return.

On 8/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Hue Jackson indicates he may make Drew Stanton his No. 2 QB over Baker Mayfield

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue-jackson-indicates-he-may-make-drew-stanton-his-no-2-qb-over-baker-mayfield/

Maybe Hue can spin this drama into his own reality show after hard knocks.  Clearly, coaching isn't his strength. 

Whatever. Baker is going to be the starter by game 3.